CNN losing credibility as each day passes... Its pure propaganda at this point

German weekly Der Spiegel says one of its star reporters has left the publication after committing journalistic fraud “on a grand scale” over a number of years.

The magazine published a lengthy report Wednesday following an internal investigation into the work of Claas Relotius, a 33-year-old staff writer known for his vivid investigative stories.

Spiegel reported that Relotius, who previously worked for other publications and won a CNN Journalist of the Year award in 2014, has resigned after admitting to inventing interviews.

</snip>

story

original article

• Haha (+1) 1

So should there be one of these for Fox News or are they something besides propaganda for the right?

No ***** CNN sucks.  So does Fox News.  The 2016 election exposed this to all of us.  Almost every single major news outlet showed their bias.  It was most noticeable after debates if you clicked around to see who had "won."

3 minutes ago, section122 said:

So should there be one of these for Fox News or are they something besides propaganda for the right?

No ***** CNN sucks.  So does Fox News.  The 2016 election exposed this to all of us.  Almost every single major news outlet showed their bias.  It was most noticeable after debates if you clicked around to see who had "won."

They all suck, but I think the idea was that CNN started it. Trump's news coverage is 90%+ negative , and truly that is not "real news". I read somewhere (although I cannot find the stat now) that Fox was 55% negative, 45% positive which made them look Pro-Trump. Consider that... they do not run positive Trump articles even half the time, yet they are thought to be PRO Trump.

And, regardless of what anyone may think, he has done many good things, but if you were a regular watcher of CNN or MSNBC you would never know that. Remember, #fakenews isn't just made up stories, it is unreported news as well as seriously slanted (or rewritten) news to support a negative meme. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

They all suck, but I think the idea was that CNN started it. Trump's news coverage is 90%+ negative , and truly that is not "real news". I read somewhere (although I cannot find the stat now) that Fox was 55% negative, 45% positive which made them look Pro-Trump. Consider that... they do not run positive Trump articles even half the time, yet they are thought to be PRO Trump.

And, regardless of what anyone may think, he has done many good things, but if you were a regular watcher of CNN or MSNBC you would never know that. Remember, #fakenews isn't just made up stories, it is unreported news as well as seriously slanted (or rewritten) news to support a negative meme. 

I agree that CNN is dumb and has made a mockery of themselves but they are not alone imo and that is all I was speaking on.  Trump isn't the devil.  I'm aware of that.  To me his actions are embarrassing from a sitting president but he has done a lot of things that have benefited the people that he represents and that voted him in.  He has made the rich richer and I would imagine they are pleased with the job he has done.  After the 2016 election I became extremely jaded towards news outlets for exactly the reasons you state.  Either the news slants the information or straight omits it.  I'm just saying that there are networks on both sides that do this.  When the next dem goes into office I would expect your percentages to flip.  Fox News will go all negative all the time and CNN will do the 55/45.  It is frustrating as it is hard to stay in the know.  It is why I venture here a lot.  I lean left but I like to see the other sides ideas.  I come here to see the discussion from the other side because I can't support networks that are biased.  To me that is CNN and Fox News.  They are 2 sides of the same coin.  Biased and agenda driven.

1 hour ago, section122 said:

The difference is that Fox doesn't pretend to be objective, and everyone knows they're full of *****.  Same with MSNBC.

CNN, on the other hand, claims objectivity, when they clearly aren't.

CNN’S WOLF BLITZER TRIES TO DEFEND DEMS ON BORDER SECURITY AND IT DOES NOT GO WELL:

Blitzer claims “Democrats support border security.”

Stephen Miller: “They voted against Kate’s law, they voted against ending sanctuary cities, they voted against deporting MS-13 gang members [and] violent criminals, they voted…against a physical border wall.”

Allie Beth Stuckey tweets, “Stephen Miller just spit out so many facts Wolf literally doesn’t know what to do.”

Gentlemen, you can’t deploy facts here – this is CNN!

• Like (+1) 1

Dem corrects CNN host on shutdown fallout, helping prove ‘the ownership of Wolf Blitzer is bipartisan’ [video]

Yesterday we told you about CNN’s Wolf Blitzer and his massively failed attempt to pass along Democrat talking points in an interview with Trump adviser Stephen Miller, but that wasn’t the only time Blitzer’s been corrected this week. This time, it was a Democrat, Rep. Steny Hoyer, who had to remind the longtime CNN host nobody’s going to “lose their jobs” because of the shutdown:

WATCH: Democratic Rep. Hoyer corrects CNN’s Wolf Blitzer as the host repeatedly falsely claimed government workers would lose their jobs due to shutdown:

“Nobody’s going to lose their jobs.”

People who want Republicans and Democrats to work together more should be happy to see that happening, at least as it pertains to correcting Wolf Blitzer:
  • Like (+1) 1

On 12/19/2018 at 4:09 PM, Buffalo_Gal said:

German weekly Der Spiegel says one of its star reporters has left the publication after committing journalistic fraud “on a grand scale” over a number of years.

The magazine published a lengthy report Wednesday following an internal investigation into the work of Claas Relotius, a 33-year-old staff writer known for his vivid investigative stories.

Spiegel reported that Relotius, who previously worked for other publications and won a CNN Journalist of the Year award in 2014, has resigned after admitting to inventing interviews.

</snip>

story

original article

On 12/20/2018 at 9:47 AM, B-Man said:
Writer touted by CNN as ´Journalist of the Year´ forced to resign for fabricating stories
by Lucas Mikelionis

Original Article

Here's an article written by two residents of the Minnesota town that the reporter profiled, which goes through all of the inaccuracies shown in the original article:

https://medium.com/@micheleanderson/der-spiegel-journalist-messed-with-the-wrong-small-town-d92f3e0e01a7

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, ALF said:

More sources for middle east news

i24NEWS is an Israeli international 24-hour news and current affairs television channel located in Jaffa Port, Tel Aviv, Israel

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I24NEWS

Al Jazeera  ,    out of Qatar   english website

Al Jazeera is a better source for American news than most American sources.  

• Like (+1) 3

More than just CNN is #fakenews (I know you are shocked!)

As 2018 comes to a close, it’s time to review the year’s worst cases of media misquotes, misleading narratives, major corrections and straight-up fake news.

While last year’s fake reporting largely occurred during the media’s relentless pursuit to prove Russian collusion, this year’s list is much more varied. However, some themes emerged: stories about then-Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh and the U.S. border were routinely flagged for misinformation.

Without further ado, here is the list of 2018’s worst examples of fake news:  

Linky 

IF YOU ONLY GET YOUR NEWS FROM CNN, YOU HAVE NO IDEA THIS STORY HAPPENED:

“A left-wing billionaire gave $100,000 towards an online misinformation campaign that mimicked Russian interference operations — but if you only get your news from CNN, then you have no idea that happened. Linkedin co-founder Reid Hoffman, an early investor in Facebook, was behind a six-figure misinformation campaign that involved falsely linking Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore to Russian influence operations during Alabama’s December 2017 special election.”

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

“A left-wing billionaire gave $100,000 towards an online misinformation campaign that mimicked Russian interference operations — but if you only get your news from CNN, then you have no idea that happened. Linkedin co-founder Reid Hoffman, an early investor in Facebook, was behind a six-figure misinformation campaign that involved falsely linking Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore to Russian influence operations during Alabama’s December 2017 special election.”

Lol. The Daily Caller!!! ???

8 minutes ago, B-Man said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChuckRossDC/status/1078495352691589120

• Like (+1) 1

CNN runs a segment on how Trump's use of "witch hunt" offends witches

Yeah...........it’s just a silly story about witches but the point is about how close knit this circle works within it’s own bubble.

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 1