2x1st Round Draft Picks

Tatonka68

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

We cant have this be another 2004 draft where THREE top QBs went early, we didnt do enough to move up, and then settled on Losman (aka Mayfield).

Get serious about the QB position for ONCE in this franchise's history, and do whatever it takes to get a top QB prospect.

Anything else is just spinning the wheels.

Agreed that we likely need to bite the bullet need to move up.

But I could see it being for Mayfield. Only thing going against the kid is his height, IMO. 

2 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

how many picks would you trade for Aron Rodgers? Of course I would, but I think your estimate is wrong.

Rodgers was picked in the 20s, they can stay put for that.

For the Falcons to move up 20 spots to 6 (Bills need to move higher than 6 and that costs more), they gave up picks 26, 54, 124, 1st and 4th the next year.  I don't think I'm that far off.  Bills need a Qb but you are mortgaging the next 5 years on this GM and HC...

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

For my choice at QB. In a heartbeat

Yeah I'm in agreement here.  The Bills are in a really good spot for trading up with their ammunition.  I understand it will be difficult but I think teams would like the idea of 2 2018 1st and a 2019 1st over a 2018, 19, and 20 1st if it does indeed take 3 of them to get it done.  I wouldn't be on board with that much though if 2 or 3 qbs are already gone.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Agreed that we likely need to bite the bullet need to move up.

But I could see it being for Mayfield. Only thing going against the kid is his height, IMO. 

Height

Asshat

The fact that he has a month to throw in college but won't in the NFL.

4 minutes ago, Jackington said:

Rodgers was picked in the 20s, they can stay put for that.

For the Falcons to move up 20 spots to 6 (Bills need to move higher than 6 and that costs more), they gave up picks 26, 54, 124, 1st and 4th the next year.  I don't think I'm that far off.  Bills need a Qb but you are mortgaging the next 5 years on this GM and HC...

How many years do you want to watch shditty quarterback play and miss the playoffs. No cost is to high, you cannot go cheap on QB's, been tried for 17 years.

Just now, Tatonka68 said:

How many years do you want to watch shditty quarterback play and miss the playoffs. No cost is to high, you cannot go cheap on QB's, been tried for 17 years.

I don't really disagree, but look at how often top QBs bust.  It's probably over 50%.  That's 3-5 years of a stinky team on a 50/50 bet.  Good scouting and systems can make a non top 10 QB into a quality starter.  Look at Cousins.  Wilson. 4 of the top 6 passers this year are not 1st rounders.  Stafford is in that and they don't win with him.  And the other 1st round QB, Rivers, when has he last been to the playoffs?  Oh yeah, when they had LT.

It's a tough bet to make...

57 minutes ago, PABillsfan23 said:

Or pay the price for Cousins and take the best players with the picks 

im only interested in Mayfield but not trading a bunch of picks to get him.  

Love the idea of paying for Cousins and upgrading the OL with one of those 2 picks in the first round. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, rodneykm said:

Love the idea of paying for Cousins and upgrading the OL with one of those 2 picks in the first round. 

I am Ok with paying Cousins however it hurts more if your wrong than any trade up for a young Rookie contract QB will

3 minutes ago, Jackington said:

I don't really disagree, but look at how often top QBs bust.  It's probably over 50%.  That's 3-5 years of a stinky team on a 50/50 bet.  Good scouting and systems can make a non top 10 QB into a quality starter.  Look at Cousins.  Wilson. 4 of the top 6 passers this year are not 1st rounders.  Stafford is in that and they don't win with him.  And the other 1st round QB, Rivers, when has he last been to the playoffs?  Oh yeah, when they had LT.

It's a tough bet to make...

I do not want a "quality" starter, I want a MVP Superbowl QB and anything else is worth nothing. I would be willing to gamble on great then settle on OK. Enough settling and trying to manufacture a great QB. It doesn't work. 

3 minutes ago, rodneykm said:

If Cousins was all that, why is he available. And please don't blame the cap, teams do not let franchise QB's go.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Height

Asshat

The fact that he has a month to throw in college but won't in the NFL.

Height is not a complete disqualification. Seeinter alia, R. Wilson, D. Brees, A. Rodgers, A. Dalton; https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2015/11/18/nfl-quarterbacks-does-height-matter/76023390/

Look around the league. Asshats are seemingly welcome. 

My next move after giving up whatever to get whichever QB is deemed the best is to invest heavily in the OL. 

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

All a matterof cost. I love Darnold and Baker, but the two firsts are too high a cost for the  number of holes needed to fill with quality players. But man would  I love to see one of  them in a Bills uniform in 2018.

Dear lord, you should like the Bills.  That is not close to too much for a qb.  But let's keep passing on the money and hoping 5th rounders and 6th round FAs are the answer.

20 minutes ago, JinxedBill1 said:

If you identify a franchise QB you trade everything needed to get him.  Period.  If Rosen is that guy, trade the boat.  

What would you trade for weintz? Or Kelly?  

Or Jameis or Tannehill or Bradford or Bridgewater or RGIII or Weeden Or EJ Manuel or Bortles or Manziel

I get wanting a QB, but it's not easy...

7 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

The 15th & 20th pick plus the 5th round pick from Dareus trade and the 2018 pick from the Ragland trade for 

MASON RUDOLPH!

QB2018.jpg

Rudolph will be available late first, maybe even the second.  You don't have to trade up to get him and I'd be disappointed if he was our pick.

I think there will be serviceable vet QBs available.  Use the picks to build a foundation.  Get a friggin' O-line and D-line.  Maybe trade another vet or two for young solid players.

This team is not going to win with Ducasse & Mills on the Right Side....

I don't care what anyone says. I'd rather keep the picks and see if the Bills can land Cousins. The pics are worth more than an unproven rookie QB that more than likely will take most of our top picks to reach for. I'd rather use the pics on DL, OL, LB, WR and pick a RB in the 3rd or 4th. Its time to build a team and have the pieces in place, if they can't land Cousins then get your QB in the next draft after you have the pieces in place to not get the kid killed. 

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Go get Rosen. 

Also Allen will go in top 5 QBs

Yes, he will.  Whatever his stock is right now, will only increase at the combine.  In fact, he will see the biggest raise in his stock at the combine of any QB in the draft.  Did anyone see the throw Wentz made last night?  That's EXACTLY what Allen brings to the table.  He does need to fine tune some things but you are correct, he will absolutely be in the top 5 QB's taken.  Kiper and McShay haven't wavered on that point for one second all season.

42 minutes ago, rodneykm said:

The offensive line is fine.  The scheme sucks.  You could conceivably have Glenn, Incognito, Wood, Groy and Dawkins as your line next year.  That's an elite line.  They're gonna need to go front seven with at least two, if not three, of those first four picks.

43 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I am Ok with paying Cousins however it hurts more if your wrong than any trade up for a young Rookie contract QB will

I would be super psyched if they got Cousins but a) it's not happening and b) it's literally a $20 million+ difference per season vs. drafting your guy in the first round.  Far more likely they go that route.

9 minutes ago, MTBill said:

I think there will be serviceable vet QBs available.  Use the picks to build a foundation.  Get a friggin' O-line and D-line.  Maybe trade another vet or two for young solid players.

Neither of those guys should be starting right now with the personnel they currently have.  Plus they really like McDermott.  Plus they paid decent money for Groy, who they inexplicably don't use.  There is absolutely zero reason to panic as far as the OL is concerned.  They're fine there.  They're gonna need two starting linebackers, which is a far more pressing concern.

1 hour ago, Tatonka68 said:

15th pick is worth 1050 points and the 20th pick is worth 850 points. The 1900 points would be worth the 4th pick in the draft PLUS a 4th rounder. JUST DO IT!

I'm on board with this. San Francisco, the Bears, and the Colts will all be looking to trade down.  And at the very least we should at least force the Jets to waste a number 1 pick to  trade up to number 2, if they want to go QB. San Francisco seriously looks like they've played the game the smartest, right now. No freaking way they stay and take a RB at two given the amount of 1st and 2nd round projected QB's that will be available, and the fact that they can potentially net an extra 1st round pick and still get the player that will be best for their team.

42 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

A drafted QB is sooo much cheaper for 4 years.  You can build the rest of your team through that, so I'm opposed to signing a FA QB unless the price isn't too high.  I'd like to bring someone in to compete with the rookie.  Someone like a Chase Daniel, or McCown if the price is right.  

I say focus on the QB this year in what looks like a solid deep class.  Use other picks this year to focus on the offensive and defensive lines.  With KW likely done - and the mediocre play of our O-line, it's pretty clear we are going to need upgrades along those areas.  Protecting your new asset should be a top priority.  The young QBs who are succeeding right now have had hefty investments on the oline (Dallas, LAR, Philly, Oakland etc). 

After that- getting after the QB is like the 2nd most important part of football, so keep going after pass rushers.  

1 minute ago, Jackington said:

Or Jameis or Tannehill or Bradford or Bridgewater or RGIII or Weeden Or EJ Manuel or Bortles or Manziel

I get wanting a QB, but it's not easy...

Your right, but you can dumpster dive and low ball and get, Trent Edwards, Drew Bledsoe, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Tyrod Taylor also. It's a gamble but you got to take it.

19 minutes ago, MTBill said:

Like have done the past decade. Screw that isn't 17 years of drought enough.

6 minutes ago, dneveu said:

A drafted QB is sooo much cheaper for 4 years.  You can build the rest of your team through that, so I'm opposed to signing a FA QB unless the price isn't too high.  I'd like to bring someone in to compete with the rookie.  Someone like a Chase Daniel, or McCown if the price is right.  

I say focus on the QB this year in what looks like a solid deep class.  Use other picks this year to focus on the offensive and defensive lines.  With KW likely done - and the mediocre play of our O-line, it's pretty clear we are going to need upgrades along those areas.  Protecting your new asset should be a top priority.  The young QBs who are succeeding right now have had hefty investments on the oline (Dallas, LAR, Philly, Oakland etc). 

After that- getting after the QB is like the 2nd most important part of football, so keep going after pass rushers.  

Exactly. Having a franchise QB on a 4 year rookie deal with cap space is exactly what this team needs to make a serious push in 2019 or 2020. When Brady will likely have retired.  Its a risk, for sure, but there is really no better year for them to try, especially with two teams picking early that already have franchise guys in place. 

Edited by MURPHD6

5 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Ahh, I'm with the fella who thinks lb is more of an issue than folks are crediting.  And please, OBD, look at Sony Michel in the middle rounds.  He's your eventual replacement for Shady and a great #2 right out of the gate.  But qb has to be the priority.

18 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

More realistically, how many picks would you trade for Wentz or Goff.

As many as it takes.

21 minutes ago, Yav said:

I don't care what anyone says. I'd rather keep the picks and see if the Bills can land Cousins. The pics are worth more than an unproven rookie QB that more than likely will take most of our top picks to reach for. I'd rather use the pics on DL, OL, LB, WR and pick a RB in the 3rd or 4th. Its time to build a team and have the pieces in place, if they can't land Cousins then get your QB in the next draft after you have the pieces in place to not get the kid killed. 

If Cousins was that good, why will he be available? Teams do not let good QB's get away, money or not.

On 11/28/2017 at 11:52 AM, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t hate trading up for a QB. I hate trading up for Mason Rudolph. I might be wrong but he’s the guy that I like least of the prospects to go early. 

Let's secure Baker Mayfield. If it takes our second first round pick to do it lets go. Lets get someone in here with some fire and attitude. Enough is enough.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

We can only hope the Bills and KC lose out the rest of the way this season :rolleyes: 

McDermott did not know Monday if Taylor would be able to play this Sunday against the Indianapolis Colts, but said, "when healthy, Tyrod is our quarterback."

McDermott said Monday that it looks good for wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin to practice after missing the past two weeks with a torn meniscus in his knee.

The good news is that Tyrod will probably sit for a week, but Benjamin will be back. We should be Indy for self esteem, but losses are more exciting right now. I still see Bills at 8-8.

7 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

As many as it takes.

If Cousins was that good, why will he be available? Teams do not let good QB's get away, money or not.

Tell that to Denver after they got Manning. NO after they got Drew. San Fran who got Jimmy G. It happens. Cousins would be a good fit for Buffalo and if you can get him as a FA and keep your picks to fill the roster then it s win. 

There's no guarantee that a rookie will work out. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Yav said:

Tell that to Denver after they got Manning. NO after they got Drew. San Fran who got Jimmy G. It happens. Cousins would be a good fit for Buffalo and if you can get him as a FA and keep your picks to fill the roster then it s win. 

There's no guarantee that a rookie will work out. 

Cousins sucks, and at best is average. Enough dumpster diving and low balling. Pony up and get the best. I am not into "making the playoffs", I want rings.

I'm good with Rudolph, Darnold or Rosen....I don't want to trade up for Mayfield or Allen. I'd also take Finley at 20 if necessary....as for those clamoring for Cousins, that price tag is steep...and consider this: would you rather get a young QB who can be surrounded by FA vets and in their prime guys, or pay for a QB in his prime, with a bunch of young up-and-comers who need to learn the nuances of the game? Chances are, your high-priced new QB will look pedestrian...whereas your young QB will look sublime based on the supporting cast.

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 2:52 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t hate trading up for a QB. I hate trading up for Mason Rudolph. I might be wrong but he’s the guy that I like least of the prospects to go early. 

Hypothetically I wouldn't have been against trading one of our first round picks and maybe a second or third round pick for Grappolo. The 49ers gave up a second round pick to get him. The Pats have a history of not being afraid to teams in its division if they believe the deal works for them. 

20 hours ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

Won't Cleveland, Denver, and NYG at least all be looking for quarterbacks? We need to beat Indy and hope they lose out, then trade with them.

Very underrated post. Lots of teams loooking to draft a QB early. They probably won’t trade out of the spot 

The people who want to sign Cousins and "save the picks" for offensive linemen and defensive backs hope to "make the playoffs" just like Doug Whaley.

The People who want to "use" the picks to trade up for a shot at a franchise changing QB want to win Super bowls.

Is there anyone who honestly believes Cousins is a Super Bowl quality QB. If so why hasn't Washington gone to the Superbowl?

Edited by Tatonka68