72 Hours of Buffalo Sports Hell Coming Up

BuffaloBaumer

1 hour ago, suorangefan4 said:

I don't know why it's so hard for people to understand that the Sabres were going to the bottom regardless if they made the trades or not

They had just picked 8th in the draft the year before the tank and their trajectory was going down towards the bottom.

That was bound to happen at some point because the Sabres had only 1 pick in the top 5 (2003 - Vanek) since 1987.

The trades were necessary. They were all upcoming UFAs who were getting older and on a downward trajectory. The correct thing to do is to start from scratch and get what you can for those players. It's flat out ignorance to think what the Sabres did was wrong. 

The Sabres won't be down for long. People look at the record and think wow they really suck but there are some good pieces there and they have some nice pieces in place and the prospect pool is getting stocked well. 

I'm positive I read this same thing here 2 years ago.  Along the lines that, anyone who doesn't see the incredible young foundation the Sabres have been building with years of "tanking", just don't know anything about hockey.

I guess the beauty of such an argument is that, by ignoring irony, logic and the obvious....it's bulletproof and can be repeated indefinitely.

Edited by Mr. WEO

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I'm positive I read this same thing here 2 years ago.  Along the lines that, anyone who doesn't see the incredible young foundation the Sabres have been building with years of "tanking", just don't know anything about hockey.

I guess the beauty of such an argument is that, by ignoring irony, logic and the obvious....it's bulletproof and can be repeated indefinitely.

If you widen your time frame to a generation or two you won't be disappointed. :ph34r:

3 hours ago, Woodman19 said:

When you build a team to lose, it's hard to instantly turn it around quickly (Tanking for McDavid).

On paper I still can't fathom why the Sabres can't be at least a .500 team at this point..

How does one explain the Vegas Knights ???

2 hours ago, suorangefan4 said:

I don't know why it's so hard for people to understand that the Sabres were going to the bottom regardless if they made the trades or not

They had just picked 8th in the draft the year before the tank and their trajectory was going down towards the bottom.

That was bound to happen at some point because the Sabres had only 1 pick in the top 5 (2003 - Vanek) since 1987.

The trades were necessary. They were all upcoming UFAs who were getting older and on a downward trajectory. The correct thing to do is to start from scratch and get what you can for those players. It's flat out ignorance to think what the Sabres did was wrong. 

The Sabres won't be down for long. People look at the record and think wow they really suck but there are some good pieces there and they have some nice pieces in place and the prospect pool is getting stocked well. 

lol, we've been hearing all about prospects for the sabres for literally a decade now. We always have these great kids down in rochester...then they seem to suck when they hit the NHL. Color me skeptical. Team has Eichel, Kane and then..........................

Exactly, poop squad 

6 minutes ago, sir andrew said:

The Sabres have been the most maddening thing this year.  I expected the Bills to lose a bunch, but not the Sabres.  They look horrific.  Something's gotta give soon.

If you can't score goals you can't win games.  The top team in the division, the Lightning, have scored 33 more goals than the Sabres this season already.

4 hours ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Starting Friday night, the schedule is as follows:

Friday - Sabres vs Penguins

Saturday - Sabres vs Penguins

Sunday - Bills vs Patriots

You'll want to tune in to WGR 550 come 3pm on Monday because it will probably be the best entertainment of the whole season!

Haha...listening/watching the Sabres has been hell for 7 years now...team can't score to save its life

3 hours ago, Commonsense said:

I selected the Sabres, Sabres,  and Bills on the money line and clicked bet. Instead of it giving me the odds it said "sorry we do not accept charitable donations, we appreciate your kindness and warm heart"

That's odd I was pretty sure they loved my donations!

LOL. This is hilarious. Thanks for the laugh.

Sabres did their part

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

What yall bitching about, Sabres got a goal in one of the games. We have some on here that would say we should be happy with that 

They probably shouldnt have...tuning in to see if they would actually score is the only reason anyone would watch their sorry asses now a days...

1 hour ago, eball said:

If the Bills are shut out today it would be just the perfect weekend capper. Good god. The Sabres are worse than I would have ever imagined. 

Thank goodness for Tar Heel basketball. 

well, look at how much more money you have in your bank account this year! That's a win!

I am so excited I already have my Sabre-Caps tickets and that $250 is gone forever! See if anyone is stupid enough to but them on stubhub for the $100 per.

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

well, look at how much more money you have in your bank account this year! That's a win!

I am so excited I already have my Sabre-Caps tickets and that $250 is gone forever! See if anyone is stupid enough to but them on stubhub for the $100 per.

I have December 23 tickets to Sabres/Canes down here...will definitely be a gameday decision whether or not to use them.

4 hours ago, nucci said:

So tired of losing....

Now,now, there, there... it's gonna be ok. You are not a loser. Just the teams you root for.

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

You spent that much on hockey (sabres) tickets?!!

Let's talk.