“Tyrod is our starter.”

McBean

3 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

Im not going to defend TT's play today....but the TOP was lopsided because our D couldnt stop the saints......and they were literally walking in for touchdowns.

Our team is not biult to win shootouts a

John.  You are correct re the defense 

But one way to keep the defense off of the field is to sustain long drives and score points.  

5 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Yeah we know he sucks thats the known quantity.

I was willing to give him a chance but he has turned into Captain Checkdown it must be the number five or something :(

Maybe if the Bills get more than 5 first downs with the game on the line our D gets off the field for a rest TOP was really lopsided.

I was wondering when we would get the "TT played so poorly the DEF got tired" argument. 

That's only a valid point if your DEF is holding the other team in  check until the 3rd/4th quarter. The Bills D got shredded from the 1st play. There were 3 drives the Saints didn't score on. Their 2nd drive when they fumbled in the red zone. And the other 2 were the end of the 1st and 2nd half (kneeling the clock out). 

4 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

Im not going to defend TT's play today....but the TOP was lopsided because our D couldnt stop the saints......and they were literally walking in for touchdowns.

Not because they had 32 first downs to the Bills pathetic 10 and 42 mins to 18 in TOP.

2 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

I'd call today more of a drive-by than a shootout... We were totally unprepared, and unable to respond... The bullets just kept on coming!... I wanted to call the cops, but...

1 minute ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

I was wondering when we would get the "TT played so poorly the DEF got tired" argument. 

That's only a valid point if your DEF is holding the other team in  check until the 3rd/4th quarter. The Bills D got shredded from the 1st play. There were 3 drives the Saints didn't score on. Their 2nd drive when they fumbled in the red zone. And the other 2 were the end of the 1st and 2nd half (kneeling the clock out). 

Look I know the D was terrible but the O was just as bad.

NP had more yards and completions than TT on only 2 series

14 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Yeah we know he sucks thats the known quantity.

I was willing to give him a chance but he has turned into Captain Checkdown it must be the number five or something :(

Maybe if the Bills get more than 5 first downs with the game on the line our D gets off the field for a rest TOP was really lopsided.

Getting off the field during a drive is the D's only job.  This line of argument doesn't make much sense.  The TOP was lopsided because the D could not get off the field, no matter who was QB of the Bills.

The Saints, after a drive featuring 11 straight runs, came out on  their next drive and said "look, we aren't going to attempt a pass in the next 14 plays either"....and the D STILL can't figure out how to force a punt has nothing to do with the QB.

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Getting off the field during a drive is the D's only job.  This line of argument doesn't make much sense.  The TOP was lopsided because the D could not get off the field, no matter who was QB of the Bills.

The Saints, after a drive featuring 11 straight runs, came out on  their next drive and said "look, we aren't going to attempt a pass in the next 14 plays either"....and the D STILL can't figure out how to force a punt has nothing to do with the QB.

Yes but it was already lopsided after the first 1/2,TT needs to warm the bench.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2017111200/2017/REG10/Saints@Bills?icampaign=scoreStrip-globalNav-2017111200#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000000875819&tab=analyze

1 hour ago, Happy Gilmore said:

The questions McD should be answering is why is the offense so inept; and it is more than just this game.  IMO, the offense is responsible for the Carolina and Cincy losses.

Also, why the poor tackling and getting gashed by the RBs the last two games.

Trading Marcy really hurts but we will be better in th  long run.

The offense is really devoid of talent save for Shady and we have been fortunate to score as much as we have. The league has caught up to us and we don't have the horses to counter.

2 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

My response wasn't a defense of TT---sure, throw the guy form Pitt in there next week, get it over with.

But this defense is awful right now.  The Saints didn't even let Brees do anything for nearly half the game.  They were facing a completely one dimensional offense running top the middle 2 dozen times in a row and could do nothing at all. 

That is far more alarming than restating that TT is a mediocre QB who struggles to find open receivers.

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

My response wasn't a defense of TT---sure, throw the guy form Pitt in there next week, get it over with.

But this defense is awful right now.  The Saints didn't even let Brees do anything for nearly half the game.  They were facing a completely one dimensional offense running top the middle 2 dozen times in a row and could do nothing at all. 

That is far more alarming than restating that TT is a mediocre QB who struggles to find open receivers.

I agree they looked like they didn't want to wrinkle their uniforms.

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

Sitting the on the bench doesn’t mean you are developing the right way. Often times, the best way to learn is by doing and making mistakes or having success. 

This. You either are going to get it or you won't. I don't believe in developing from the bench. There is no better experience than real world experience and doing it. Expect mistakes big deal. What matters is learning from them. 

Could have had Joe Montana wrapped in Tom Brady out there today....

wouldnt have made a lick of difference with the way the D played. 

Pathetic performance by TT and the Offense. 

But have you ever seen a 10 play 94 yard drive that was all rushing plays?  To basically the exact same spot?  When we knew that they would be running?  That D was just horrific. 

Clearly Dareus at his worst was still better than Worthy and whoever at their best. 

55 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

7 points before the prevent last week and 3 points this week.   

For added clarity. 

Which is kind of sad. 

And 3 in Carolina. I really like Tyrod but after today I can't defend his play as a QB. Peterman can't be worse than today. I don't think it's possible. 

11 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The defense, especially the DL, was overmatched. They were being knocked back and trampled all day. Most of the time our line was being pushed back while their line was pushing forward down the field. Most of their runs were inside the tackles where one on one they were knocking back and easily guiding the linemen to create clear running lanes. To make matters worse our pass rush was again nonexistent. 

There isn't much to analyze in this game. The opposition made fools of the Bills on both sides of the ball. It was overwhelming and it was embarrassing. 

Bottom line:

The Bills are extending the pathetic string of hapless losing to the Age of Majority...

EIGHTEEN FREAKING YEARS... and counting!

And absolutely nada is any better! This year's version has a star RB & we're not in the 1960s anymore.

He is in front of castoffs and rejects from the Sunday Beer League as Wideouts!

Headed by another loser as QB- too small to see the field & with little ability to throw passes to the proper spot & shoulder!

TT will never, ever, ever be even a Top 10 QB, let alone a standout. 

What's worse about this sad sack org, is that they never reduce the number of holes- only increase them. Arguably, they still need 4-5 improvements on either side of the ball.

Simply put, one of the most incompetent orgs in Pro Sports History! 

The sad thing is that EVERYONE can see that this change needs to be made. Our offense is shot. It's so easy to stop us. I was predicting plays with 90% accuracy. But, our HC happens to be more conservative than jauron so it won't happen until A. We are mathematically out of the playoffs and B. There won't be enough games left to actually evaluate Peterman.

On a side note...why can we all see that Tolbert is the worst running back in the league, yet he still gets important carries? Early in the game when it was a 3rd and 1 or something, my 9 year old son said they are going to hand it off to Tolbert up the middle for no gain and I said thanks dude, u just jinxed us and sure enough...

Just now, Senth said:

Hope he changes his mind. 

PULL THE DAMN TRIGGER SEAN!!!!

McD is really really close to losing the fan support, so I have to imagine he is close to losing some of the players and coaches. Can't imagine the owners are too happy either. Only so much "the process" BS people are going to fall for, at some point there needs to be progress and results. Two weeks of progressively horrible play isn't a good look on him.

30 minutes ago, PeterGriffin said:

McD is really really close to losing the fan support, so I have to imagine he is close to losing some of the players and coaches. Can't imagine the owners are too happy either. Only so much "the process" BS people are going to fall for, at some point there needs to be progress and results. Two weeks of progressively horrible play isn't a good look on him.

I don't think he will lose fan support until we lose that playoff spot we still own or if we beat the Chargers en route to the best start through ten games we have had since the Wade era...

2 hours ago, MDH said:

Does he he give us the best chance of winning though? The conservative, lets just not turn the ball over, offense only helps win if the D is fairly dominant. With a D that can’t stop anybody you need a QB who can throw with anticipation to tight spots and keep the chains moving.

Checking down repeatedly because nobody is college wife open just doesn’t get the job done. I’ll take a turnover or two more with an offense that can actually move the ball on a consistent basis.

lets not forget that Benjamin is going to be a complete waste of a talented player because TT refuses to throw it up and trust his guy. Just check out what Brees didnwith Thomas today, that’s what the Bills should be doing with KB.

Agreed, coming into this game I knew the bills were gonna have to score quickly and often to keep up with the saints explosive offense. When your down 2 tds and tyrod is still throwing check down throws, it shows how confident he is in his own arm. But probably my biggest criticism of tyrod and maybe it's just me but how often does he hit a receiver in stride? I can't remember the last time he has, every receiver has to turn their hips/shoulders or leave their feet. Maybe I'm being a stickler

McDermott needs to make the change because he's lost the team. I don't think any of the players are under this illusion that Tyrod is the answer at QB. Too many times he has receivers open and he can't hit them. The sequence in the red zone with Benjamin proved that Tyrod doesn't have it. And then to not throw to him the rest of the game? McDermott needs to just admit to himself that this Tyrod thing, it's over. It's almost 3 seasons now of inept QB play.

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

We aren’t playing the Rams brah

I saw chargers and thought rams.

Some of you guys, seriously?! McDermott hasn't lost the team or the fans, SMH.

We are lucky to have 5 wins, once we get the right players here we will be contenders.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

27 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

We are lucky to have 5 wins, once we get the right players here we will be contenders.

forgive me for not holding my breath for that

31 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

We've been saying that for 17 years. When are they arriving? 

2 minutes ago, Albwan said:

forgive me for not holding my breath for that

You think we got all those picks for nothing??

Carolina was worse than us and look at them now, that will be us.

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

We've been saying that for 17 years. When are they arriving? 

Next year. Let's keep in mind that the FO &Staff have not been here for 17 years.

Let's quit changing the chefs before the meal is prepared.

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

And he was direct and hasty when he said it.

Peterman isn't our future. Right now it's looking like whoever we draft in round 1 next year is.

So why did they bother to draft the kid?

So he can rot on the vine?

I hope the coach changes his mind because right now he has the wagon hitched to the wrong horse,

There was an odd sideline moment at 30-3. Peterman in helmet throwing to Tyrod in hat. Then right as possession changes, Peterman removes his helmet and Tyrod grabbed his. 

This was shortly after after the Tyrod late hit where he stayed down. Something was up but it disappeared. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

McDerm said what he had to.  Every coach would say that right after the game if they had any sense.  What they actually do might not change but he is best evaluating rather than opening the door right now.  Emotional decisions are bad.  Part of the decision has to be what is in the best interest for Peterman.  Also what if they do go with Peterman in LA, why give the Chargers any more time to prepare for Peterman?

1 hour ago, JMF2006 said:

So why did they bother to draft the kid?

So he can rot on the vine?

I hope the coach changes his mind because right now he has the wagon hitched to the wrong horse,

They might go with him in the long run but 5th round QBs don't always become starters.

2 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

McDerm said what he had to.  Every coach would say that right after the game if they had any sense.  What they actually do might not change but he is best evaluating rather than opening the door right now.  Emotional decisions are bad.  Part of the decision has to be what is in the best interest for Peterman.  Also what if they do go with Peterman in LA, why give the Chargers any more time to prepare for Peterman?

They might go with him in the long run but 5th round QBs don't always become starters.

And a 6th rounder is headed to the HOF as the Goat after he hangs his cleats up.

You don't know what he is until you give him a chance.

We know what Tyrod is and isn't and its time to move on.

Just now, JMF2006 said:

And a 6th rounder is headed to the HOF as the Goat after he hangs his cleats up.

You don't know what he is until you give him a chance.

We know what Tyrod is and isn't and its time to move on.

I don't disagree as long as we realize late rounders don't always have star power, heck Taylor is a sixth rounder doesn't mean he will be enshrined.