Bills cannot rely on Buffalo weather to slow red-hot Saints

Saints outscoring teams on the road by 40 points this year, not good.

http://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/29862/bills-cannot-rely-on-buffalo-weather-to-slow-red-hot-saints

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Buffalo Bills fans would like nothing more than to turn the page after last Thursday night's embarrassing loss to the New York Jets on national television.

The Jets bludgeoned the Bills with 194 rushing yards and took a 34-7 lead with less than five minutes remaining in the game before Buffalo responded with two late touchdowns.......

I'm much more interested in he numbers the Saints have posted in sub 50 degree temps in rainy weather on the road than in sunny 82 degree road games...whole different ball game...at least if you've ever actually played sports you'd know that, not that the OP probably has...he just likes posting drivel.

Edited by matter2003

14 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

I have a feeling this will be like Packers 2014. No idea why, just a gut feeling. I think we pull this out and go 5-0 at home. 

That was a great game so let’s hope you are correct.  In some ways it was the inverse of last Thursday night.  It was if the Bills could do no wrong and the Pack could do no right,

Just now, Jpsredemption said:

I see blowout city in favor of NO

Me too sadly. I think we hang tough early and show a decent response at home after being embarrassed by the Jets on National TV. But in the end the Saints will expose the fatal flaws that were on full display against the Jets for everybody to see, namely a very poor oline and dline that simply has not been very good this year outside of a few games.

Also what is of major concern is the Bills offense is 26th overall (Saints #2 overall), defense 21st overall (Saints 15th overall). Something had to give eventually with these poor metrics.

1 minute ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Me too sadly. I think we hang tough early and show a decent response at home after being embarrassed by the Jets on National TV. But in the end the Saints will expose the fatal flaws that were on full display against the Jets for everybody to see, namely a very poor oline and dline that simply has not been very good this year outside of a few games.

Also what is of major concern is the Bills offense is 26th overall (Saints #2 overall), defense 21st overall (Saints 15th overall). Something had to give eventually with these poor metrics.

I see the Bills getting blow out from the start, losing by about 4 TDs, then toward the end of the game the Saints ripping off their unis to show Dolphins uniforms underneath, and Brees ripping off his mask to show Smoking' Jay Cutler.

Prediction: Dolphins in Saints uniforms - 41

Bills - 17

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, nucci said:

When has the weather been to Bills advantage recently?  Remember Dolphins game in snow when Ricky Williams ran for over 200 yds? It's a myth , doesn't exist

Exactly and you can argue it's actually been a detriment to the Bills in recent years, especially Taylor who has played like crap in inclement weather (see last year against the Steelers).

Brees is a wily veteran and will have the advantage in this game even if it's blizzard conditions.

I'd expect them to be much better prepared than they were vs. the Jets. And hopefully they'll be a little PO'ed. This is a team founded on details and preparation now and I think the short weeks are a huge disadvantage for them. 

That said, it's going to be a tough game. But, at least McD is familiar with NO having gone against them twice a year since 2011. The weather could play a factor. I'd assume their game plan would be their usual MO - establish the run and execute long drives to keep Brees off the field as much as possible. 

14 minutes ago, nucci said:

When has the weather been to Bills advantage recently?  Remember Dolphins game in snow when Ricky Williams ran for over 200 yds? It's a myth , doesn't exist

I felt like the rainy field really helped us create turnovers against the Raiders.  I know that’s not the usual Buffalo weather advantage of cold and snow but it sure seemed to help us in that game.

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

don't you read or search the threads before you create these duplicates?  

He prefers to start threads with this type of inane nonsense.  Trolling is more effective if you start your own thread.

1 hour ago, dubs said:

I see the Bills getting blow out from the start, losing by about 4 TDs, then toward the end of the game the Saints ripping off their unis to show Dolphins uniforms underneath, and Brees ripping off his mask to show Smoking' Jay Cutler.

Prediction: Dolphins in Saints uniforms - 41

Bills - 17

Now THAT is a funny reply to this considering the OP!

1 hour ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Yeah I agree, I have a feeling Saints are going to carve the Bills D up. Don't know if it will be a blow out or not, but I think they win by at least a TD.

3 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Yeah I agree, I have a feeling Saints are going to carve the Bills D up. Don't know if it will be a blow out or not, but I think they win by at least a TD.

If this team don't come out blazing in the first quarter I think it will be a blowout in the Saints favor and the game will be over by mid 3rd quarter like last week.

In fact I believe we have only scored something like 6 points all season in the 1st quarter which is yet another reason this team is likely about to go in the wrong direction combined with the offense and defense metrics gradually getting worse each week.

1 minute ago, SaviorPeterman said:

If this team don't come out blazing in the first quarter I think it will be a blowout in the Saints favor and the game will be over by mid 3rd quarter like last week.

In fact I believe we have only scored something like 6 points all season in the 1st quarter which is yet another reason this team is likely about to go in the wrong direction combined with the offense and defense metrics gradually getting worse each week.

Yup, got to have better starts to the game. They will have to somehow get pressure to Brees. If they send blitz then Brees can easily make you pay, so I'm hoping the front 4 will show that they can get to the QB. They haven't been doing so as of late.

1 minute ago, Koko78 said:

The Aints aren't exactly going to be running the ball down the defense's throat.

Not sure I believe that after what the Jets did to us on the ground and this weak front four was manhandled even KW.

And like years past, the defense has tailed off significantly in recent weeks after such a promising start to the season. Not having any semblance of a pass rush is killing this team right now and also why the run defense isn't so stout anymore all of a sudden.

3 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Not sure I believe that after what the Jets did to us on the ground and this weak front four was manhandled even KW.

And like years past, the defense has tailed off significantly in recent weeks after such a promising start to the season. Not having any semblance of a pass rush is killing this team right now and also why the run defense isn't so stout anymore all of a sudden.

I do. It's just not the Saints style of offense to be ground and pound. No question they're going to run the ball some, but not as much, or as effectively, as the Jests ; they just aren't built to be that team.

My major concern is the pass rush not challenging Brees. If he's consistently given 3+ seconds to throw, it's going to get ugly.

2 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I do. It's just not the Saints style of offense to be ground and pound. No question they're going to run the ball some, but not as much, or as effectively, as the Jests ; they just aren't built to be that team.

My major concern is the pass rush not challenging Brees. If he's consistently given 3+ seconds to throw, it's going to get ugly.

I'm fairly certain the saints have rushed for 150+ in their last four games. the success of their ground game is a major part of their resurgence. not saying we cant stop it but they are absolutely built for it.

6 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

The Saints OL has given up very few sacks to begin with. I'm not sure this is the way to approach to beating the Saints. I think stopping the run and good tackling will be key to limiting their offense. The Bills got away from this vs the Jets, and haven't had much pass rush to speak of all season. Brees isn't the guy I'd want to risk being hit with a blitz beater against. If this team was going to leave themselves vulnerable in the secondary to manufacture pressure, McCown would have been a sensible target.