Deshaun Watson tore his ACL in practice

YoloinOhio

Thanks for that.

Wasn't the story that he played a whole game or most of a game with a torn ACL as a freshman? I suppose I could look it up. ;)

Incredibly, most folks with isolated ACL tears can bear weight on that leg, and the swelling and pain start a little after the actual tear.

@SportsInfo_SIS: It's worth wondering if the initial injury to Watson's left knee occurred on the 72-yard TD pass to Hopkins with 5:01 remaining in the 4th

@FO_ASchatz: Possibly the first stage of Watson knee injury? Watson took shot to knee on this play, discomfort walking it off.

@SportsInfo_SIS: It's worth wondering if the initial injury to Watson's left knee occurred on the 72-yard TD pass to Hopkins with 5:01 remaining in the 4th

@FO_ASchatz: Possibly the first stage of Watson knee injury? Watson took shot to knee on this play, discomfort walking it off.

He did. Remember that play well. Pressured on 43% of his dropbacks... by far the highest in the league. Playing behind that line was an accident waiting to happen even if this is totally unrelated.

Count 9 months from now.... that puts you right about the first week of training camp. They need to not rush him. If it takes him until week 4 or 5 next season to be ready then that is what it takes.

I still say the reason RGIII failed was attitude, work ethic and no progression reading defense... but being thrown out there when not ready aftet his ACL certainly didn't help.

Saint Doug just got a break. The Jags will win that division now.

I think they were the favorite anyway but it's good for us because Dareus pick automatically turns into a 5th rounder.

Plus if we finish with the #5 or #6 seed (which I think is happening because we aren't catching the Pats for the division) a trip to Jacksoville would loom LARGE facing St. Doug in the 1st round of the playoffs.

I think they were the favorite anyway but it's good for us because Dareus pick automatically turns into a 5th rounder.

Plus if we finish with the #5 or #6 seed (which I think is happening because we aren't catching the Pats for the division) a trip to Jacksoville would loom LARGE facing St. Doug in the 1st round of the playoffs.

I think Marcel has to play a certain % of snaps every games as well as making the playoffs... but fair point.

I think with Watson healthy the Texans would have won that division though.

What a horrible break for Watson, the Texans and the NFL. I love this kid.

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, cares who is on your fantasy team. Please keep that in mind.

I cared. What makes you think you can speak for EVERYONE?

They are probably cheering in Jacksonville.

Screw you, Jacksonville.

I'm proud to report, so far (at least in St Augustine), I've heard no celebrating whatsoever. Perhaps they're being respectful, for a bit.

not dilly-dilly

Oh Christ, I despise that commercial.

@AaronWilson_NFL

Texans signing quarterback Matt McGloin, according to a league source

Or I as I call him, Pat MiGroin

@HBalzer721

Texans owner Bob McNair signs off on workout for Colin Kaepernick.

A little rehab for McNair's image?

What a horrible break for Watson, the Texans and the NFL. I love this kid.

I cared. What makes you think you can speak for EVERYONE?

I'm proud to report, so far (at least in St Augustine), I've heard no celebrating whatsoever. Perhaps they're being respectful, for a bit.

Oh Christ, I despise that commercial.

Or I as I call him, Pat MiGroin

A little rehab for McNair's image?

@ProFootballTalk

There's a report (now dubbed a joke) that Bob McNair has signed off on a Kaepernick workout; McNair hasn't

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/02/bob-mcnair-hasnt-signed-off-on-a-kaepernick-workout/