Playoffs? Playoffs?? The Playoff Chances Thread

5 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

Highly doubtful that the Bengals or Chargers lose next week.

I just don't see us getting in.

Dude, you have absolutely no idea. It's kind of like we all highly doubt the Titans would compete with the Rams. Or the Chargers would only beat the Jets by 7. Or the Colts to compete to the end with the Ravens.

I mean they are all division games. Its all up in the air. Be a fan and have some hope. (I know, I know, 18 years blah blah blah poor you) :rolleyes:

Edited by What a Tuel

3 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Dude, you have absolutely no idea. It's kind of like we all highly doubt the Titans would compete with the Rams. Or the Chargers would only beat the Jets by 7. Or the Colts to compete to the end with the Ravens.

I mean they are all division games. Its all up in the air. Be a fan and have some hope. (I know, I know, 18 years blah blah blah poor you) :rolleyes:

They were close games but nothing went our way.

I'm just being realistic when I say we probably don't get in this year. It could happen but it's like a 90 % chance that we don't. 

Just now, Klaista2k said:

I'm just being realistic when I say we probably don't get in this year. It could happen but it's like a 90 % chance that we don't. 

But...you just made that number up. I say its a 99% chance we do.

51 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He does this after every loss.

As do so many fans.  And typically it's after EVERY score our opponents make - the ShoutBox was full of 'em today :D

And please, everyone, refer to the mega spreadsheet for what needs to happen:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NcHQeve0xiCLQ02kwdNNCuekYkWqNbJmjwsP2IfotMc/edit#gid=0

Oakland should be eliminated ate with the Miami loss.

If oakland wins and ten and buf lose then ten get the WC be conference record.  Had miami won, then they would get 2nd then OAK get the WC because the beat both Ten and Mia.

For buffalo now....

The need a W and 

1. BAL loss

2. Both TEN and SD lose

I expect all of BUF, SD, TEN, and BAL games to be at 425

For Sunday night it could be either CAR/ATL or CIN/BAL game

4 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

It's actually more like a 82% chance we don't currently:  https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2017-nfl-predictions/?ex_cid=rrpromo

Everyone DOES know the Internet exists right?  you can look up all kinds a crazy stuff on there!

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Chicharito said:

Hhmmm! Told ya

Your original quote:

"Our playoff lives just died with this ravens win! Charges will jump us win a win against the jets and our lose to the pats!"

Still bad at math I guess. Bills playoff hopes didn't die with Baltimore win. Nor did they die with the Chargers win. Nor did they die with the Patriots win.

You are very clearly wrong, since a Baltimore loss against Cinci is our best course in now.

Edited by What a Tuel

8 minutes ago, Jamie Nails said:

Bills in with win and Ravens lose 

or 

bills win and Titans and Chargers lose. 

or

5th seed with bills win and Titans and Ravens lose 

Agreed. Here's a different way to look at it. This assumes a Bill's win, of course.

Sun 1:00 Sun 1:00 Sun 4:25  
JAX @ Tenn Cin @ Balt Oak @ LAC Playoffs?
Jax Cin Oak Yes
Jax Cin LAC Yes
Jax Balt Oak Yes
Jax Balt LAC No
Tenn Cin Oak Yes
Tenn Cin LAC Yes
Tenn Balt Oak No
Tenn Balt LAC No

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Heitz said:

It's actually more like a 82% chance we don't currently:  https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2017-nfl-predictions/?ex_cid=rrpromo

Everyone DOES know the Internet exists right?  you can look up all kinds a crazy stuff on there!

Odds are funny like that, and never go according to plan. Which is why they change from week to week because new information presents itself.

Its not a lottery where there is a statistical probability.

Just now, Paul Costa said:

I thought we lose a tiebreaker with Baltimore because of common opponents records. I also thought we won a 3 way tiebreaker with SD and Tennessee. If we’re all 9-7.

If Tennessee gets to 9-7 now it means they beat the Jaguars which gives them the Conference win tie breaker.

If Baltimore loses to the Bengals we tie on common opponents and go to strength of victory which we beat them on.

59 minutes ago, PIZ said:

In a year where they rebuilt the entire team, they are still in the hunt heading into thed last game.  Imagine when they complete the rebuild.  This team is on its way.

Sometimes I feel the same way. Other times I think about the fact that they consciously kept Tolbert over Williams, and I wonder.

1 hour ago, PIZ said:

In a year where they rebuilt the entire team, they are still in the hunt heading into thed last game.  Imagine when they complete the rebuild.  This team is on its way.

Imagine if they had half-decent coaches

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Ugh. I knew this was coming. There is no reason to believe Tyrod would have won that game. None. Not after the Jets and Saints game where he did nothing, followed up by modest win against the Chiefs, and a 65 yard passing performance against the Pats.

I really wish we could put that thing to rest. 

Edit: AKA We wouldn't be in this scenario at all if Tyrod would have stepped it up against the Panthers/Jets/Patriots/Bengals too.

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

Browns and Giants probably take Rosen and Darnold right off the top.  Don't be so certain two picks in the twenties plus gets you a stud qb.

Saw some stories online today that said that BOTH of those guys might stay in college another year just to avoid being picked by Cleveland. No joke. The Mistake on the Lake. LOL

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PIZ said:

Or, they’ll completely botch it and the drought will hit a quarter century.

1 hour ago, BillsDiehard said:

Yeah but we still have to win and I’ve lost all confidence in our QB. He’s been unable to lead this team in big games for the 3rd consecutive season. 

He plays well against the Dolphins, though.

I think we're gonna win next week. I'm just hoping the Bengals players try to get a W for Marvin Lewis in the stadium where he originally made his name.

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

This will inevitably be an offseason discussion if this is what plays out :doh: