Dareus traded to Jacksonville!

HappyDays

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kirby, Put away the calculator. It's obvious that the organization didn't care about the cap ramifications. McDermott/Beane simply wanted him off the roster. That purge represents not only a clear statement to Dareus but also to the rest of the team. This transaction had little to do with calculating the $$$ cost as it is about the type of players/people they want on the roster. This is a case where the player and organizational relationship was predictable and inevitable. In that type of situation acting sooner is better than acting later.

And this is why I applaud the organization's move here.

Well the Bills were not winning with Watkins and Dareus playing significant roles so perhaps they were not the right stars.

That sentiment pretty well sums up my thoughts. The Bills have not been winning consistently with any of these guys, so I'm not too upset to see ..any.. of them go. However....

It would have been nice to get something in return for Dareus. A 6th round pick is about a half a step away from just cutting him out right. But, you take the deal you can. And if anyone has been watching the games lately, and looking at his play, it's quite apparent that he's been mailing it in. I found it funny that McD would have to actually say in a press conference that Dareus had a good practice that day. I mean that's how far his motivation and play had fallen.... They had to try to pump his ego in the smallest of ways.

Normally, I don't like in season trades and moves like this. Because for whatever was going on, the Bills were winning more than losing. So normally I'd want to keep that train rolling. Like all trades and deals, this will all be judged in time. But, for now, I find it hard to believe that people really think he was giving his full effort every week on the field and has significantly helped the team in any way get to 4-2.

Everyone who suggests this was a terrible move by Beane and company have absolutely no friggin clue what is going on in that locker room and what other players have said about Dareus.

The fact that our All Pro/Pro Bowl, highest paid DT wasnt named to the Team Leader Council speaks volumes.

The line between business decision and team chemistry is usually pretty clear cut; in this case, it overlaps perfectly.

Everyone who suggests this was a terrible move by Beane and company have absolutely no friggin clue what is going on in that locker room and what other players have said about Dareus.

The fact that our All Pro/Pro Bowl, highest paid DT wasnt named to the Team Leader Council speaks volumes.

The line between business decision and team chemistry is usually pretty clear cut; in this case, it overlaps perfectly.

really great point here

100% agreed. Your highest paid players need to be team leaders.

Dareus may thrive with marrone who will hold him accountable and willing to coddle him as a young dude

Here I will do some work for you just to further prove you add nothing. You try to discredit me saying I don't watch anything when you are the actual one not watching anything. You claim you have all 22 access and have watched all the plays, yet when questioned you provide a link of someone else's work. Said work doesn't even put Dareus in a good light. Don't bother responding until you do some actual work instead of just cut/paste of someone else's.

Play 1 comment: Humber does a great job of diagnosing, getting downhill. Shows fantastic pad level & rip en route to the tackle. Dareus grinding inside.

Play 1 actual: Dareus gets pushed a couple times Humbar makes a tackle.

Play 2 comment: If Dareus doesn't stack, put his helmet in the hole, shed and force the cutback how big of a run would this be?

Play 2 actual: Dareus does a great job shedding his block and making the tackle

Play 3 comment: Dareus leveraging his gap, helmet in the hole deters RB from entering. Holding on Washington

Play 3 actual: Dareus shoved aside by a single blocker. Runner squeaks through hole left by Dareus, gains 3 yards, and is tackled by someone else.

Play 4 comment: 1 QB hurry on 12 pass rush snaps by Dareus, it may have affected this pass. Forced 3rd and long. Not the same player right now.

Play 4 actual: Dareus sheds a single blocker and hurries an incomplete pass. According to comments it was the only time Dareus caused a hurry in 12 pass plays.

Play 5 comment: Dareus hustling down the LOS

Play 5 actual: Dareus runs down the line unimpeded and dives at player. Player gains almost 5 yards. Someone else completes the tackle.

Play 6 comment: #Bengals working the high low on PB, but don't have enough time bc Dareus makes the guard look silly.

Play 6 actual: Guard chips Dareus then goes on to double team edge rusher. This leaves Dareus a gaping hole to the QB and he gets a sack. Dareus actually did nothing to the guard.

Play 7 comment: Dareus double allows Hyde to make tackle. I guess that's holding on Kyle....

Play 7 actual: Dareus gets doubled allowing a gaping hole. Good job by their oline. Runner gets 4 yards. Hyde comes up from like 10 yards away to ge the tackle and I fail to see how Hyde gets a tackle BECAUSE of Dareus when the tackle was in the open field.

Play 8 comment: Hughes sets a really good edge, Dareus wins the hand fight.

Play 8 actual: Dareus does a good job shedding his single block and makes a tackle

Play 9 comment: Milano's first rep over front-Does a good job of keeping contain forcing the cutback and making the tackle. Good pursuit by Dareus and PB.

Play 9 actual: Dareus had good pursuit I guess. He was pushed the direction of the play and did absolutely nothing on the tackle.

Play 10 comment: Dareus senses the screen and does a good job of leveraging the cutback. Car still gets 4 tho

Play 10 actual: I don't have much to say because this is just a still image. There is no way to see what actually happens other than Carolina picks up 4 yards and Dareus was in the area.

Play 11 comment: #Bucs trap Kyle but Dareus does what he wants. Appears to be getting his game back...

Play 11 actual: Dareus takes on the center stands his ground and does a good job getting the tackle. The RB played this play poor though as he had a nice hole he could have ran to instead of running into his center.

Play 12 comment: Milano feels the cutback coming, forces back inside where Eddie and Dareus clean up.

Play 12 actual: Dareus sheds his block and piles on a runner that was already being tackled to the ground by someone else. He did show nice hustle I'll give him that but really didn't do anything to effect the play.

Play 13 comment: Don't like Dareus' pad level and hand usage. Watch Thornton at 3 tech, helmet in gap, leads with hands, stacks, disengages..Textbook

Play 13 actual: Dareus is shoved back off the line leaving a hole for the runner. Dareus is then shoved aside as the runner is tackled by someone else. 3 to 4 yard gain on first down.

Play 14 comment: Another great job by Dareus. Holds his gap, but check out Lawson, reads the play, takes on the puller and brings the RB down.

Play 14 actual: Um I guess Dareus did a great job. He took on a single blocker which left a gaping hole. If not for Alexander and Lawson collapsing that hole that would have been big yardage. I don't see how that paints Dareus in a good light. He was the reason a hole existed.

Play 15 comment: Nice play design-eye candy, trap on Kyle. I don't like Dareus' lack of hand usage. Doesn't lead w hands. Bear hugged at the POA..Crazy.

Play 15 actual: Dareus stood up by single blocker. Gaping hole. Runner gets roughly 11 yards.

Play 16 comment: Now that is the Dareus we know-Good pad level, leads with hands, eyes over hands, disengages for the tackle.

Play 16 actual: Dareus takes on a single blocker. Does good job shedding block giving the runner only a 2 yard gain.

Play 17 comment: 3rd and 7-Exotic 5 man pressure. Milano heads up over center, twist by Kyle and Dareus frees up Milano for a big hit and incompletion.

Play 17 actual: Dareus took on a block. Ran around and took another block Kyle blows Milano's blocker off of Milano and Milano gets pressure on the QB. Incomplete 35 yard pass.

Play 18 comment: Dareus disengages as the #Bucs run pin and pull concept. Milano blown up by guard

Play 18 actual: Pretty much what happened. Dareus made a nice play.

Play 19 comment: Dareus being Dareus, but the ball out quickly. Everyone relax, he will be fine.

Play 19 actual: Dareus blew past his blocker as his blocker whiffed hard. Still got nowhere near the QB because it was a quick throw and didn't matter. 6 yard gain.

Glad I am not the only one to see that he doesn't actually provide any evidence or his own analysis but criticizes others when others do actual research.

I'll read the whole thing later but on the last point, trust me. Many here cannot stand 26copypaste. They just see it as futile to engage him.

I have zero interest in watching any Rams games unless its the only one on, but while the Sammy trade may have hurt the Bills in the short term with the strength of our WR group this year, it looks like it hasnt really helped the Rams in the short term as Goff prefers his other targets - and if they dont re-sign him it will really hurt in the long term giving up a 2nd rd pick.

there are accounts, despite what Twitter says, that Watkins is not appreciated or a part of that team.

You should have just wrote "I don't watch their games so I have no clue" and saved yourself a lot of time.

for 26copypaste maybe

But I do watch enough of their games and have seen enough to know Watkins isn't being used in the best way but also has no excuse to be a non factor.

Yes! NFL scouts and coaches are consistently awful at their jobs. If you look at the last 6 Super Bowls only 2 DTs out of 12 teams were All-Pros in the year they made the Super Bowl - Keenan Short and Haloti Ngata. The rest of the teams had JAGs at that position. On defense I want guys that rush the passer and a shut down secondary.

I love everything McBeane is doing. Getting rid of overrated players that have been sold to the fanbase for years. Clearing cap space for the future. Picking up an extra 1st round pick and grabbing a future Pro Bowl CB. They know what it takes to win a Super Bowl and theyre really going for it. Any GM/coach could have come in and said eh, roster is good enough. Lets see what we can do without blowing it up. McBeane says screw that, were taking a couple years to build a yearly championship contender. I have no doubts they will take a QB next year in the first 2 rounds while still bringing back Tyrod, because QB is most important of all and the more competition the better. No one on the roster is safe unless theyre giving it their all and performing on and off the field. I feel REALLY good about our new direction. And somewhere were still winning at the beginning of our rebuild.

My sentiments exactly. :thumbsup:

She doesn't watch. Instead she likes to pretend to be an insider and quote my posts like an attention starved little puppy. Not worth the time.

cute. But I have posted inside information and it's been shown. Kelly will actually verify this as he's been privy to a few bits.

What have you shown? Someone else announces something and you post it. Let me know when you break something. I've broke about 4 stories and filtered out dozens more.

And quoting your posts is usually between doing something and another. Today, checking in a calf and rebuilding a transmission. Have you left the house today?

Edited by Boyst62

And they were not facing the doubles like Dareus. Go watch the tapes or just keep tossing away what others are saying.

I just watched 19 plays that 26 posted a link to as proof. Dareus was doubled 2 out of those 19 plays. Perhaps you should go watch tape instead of spewing nonsense that you still have not backed up.

PS... I also find it pretty telling about who you are when the only time you come to post here is when you feel like posting some whiney negative Bills hate.

Edited by Scott7975

This regime did what they had to do to get out from under the garbage contract Whaley gave Dareus. It was nice work by Beane to manage to do that. It couldn’t have been easy.

Anyone who says it would’ve been better to just cut him doesn’t understand the reality of his contract. That would’ve been unworkable until after next season. A trade was the only option to get rid of him - and that meant finding a team foolish enough to take on his contract.

sucks.

i too wanted him to play out the season.

funny he has been sent to the master of the Whip Marrone.

thats punishment enough for Dareus, and and makes me smile.

Hope he kicks tail with them. Who are already pretty strong excepting run D. good fit.

they owe us a solid .

secret handshakes on this one

Kirby, Put away the calculator. It's obvious that the organization didn't care about the cap ramifications. McDermott/Beane simply wanted him off the roster. That purge represents not only a clear statement to Dareus but also to the rest of the team. This transaction had little to do with calculating the $$$ cost as it is about the type of players/people they want on the roster. This is a case where the player and organizational relationship was predictable and inevitable. In that type of situation acting sooner is better than acting later.

this is about it.

Headstrong organization.

i will never forgot that day they announced he was suspended for 4 games and he said he was entering rehab. That night he went out partying on Chippewa in the damn sailors hat.

Beane said that the Baltimore incident wasn't a breaking point. But, his knowledge of that, and previous discretions, probably was. It was just a matter of time. Too bad.....

What is it with this stack double teams stuff? Some player is going to take double teams. Said player will do just like Dareus did and take the double team. Its not like Dareus was exploding through the double teams and stuffing runs left and right, he wasn't. Its not like Dareus was brushing off these double teams and putting serious pressure on the QB or collapsing pockets, he wasn't. Name on the back of the jersey means nothing. They did just fine without Dareus on the field.

Exactly!

you missed a game.

Denver, 0 snaps, W

Oh thanks man.

As I posted earlier, I don't like the trade. We got essentially nothing in return and have to eat the dead money for a player who could be a difference maker.

In the end, if Dareus plays well for Marrone (whom I cannot stand), what does that say about this coaching staff and GM?

We shall see. The guy has unique talent and is worth more than a bag of pucks (oops, I mean 6th round pick) notwithstanding the "cap relief" in the next couple of years and the contract being off the books after that.

Just my two cents.

This is where I am at too.

Insane to get rid of that caliber of player for a 6th round pick. Bills traded a proven starter who has had Probowl years for essentially a joke. Simply not enough.

That is not how you build a team and invest in your future.

If Dareus wasn't playing up to his potential, at least part of that blame has to be on the coaches. It's not like Dareus is horrible. He would start for every single NFL team there is right now. Every single one. How in the world is that only worth a 6th round pick?

Another mistake by Beane in my opinion.

If the Bills pass rush and run defense gets worse now - expect the blame to fall where it is due - squarely on Beane.

This is where I am at too.

Insane to get rid of that caliber of player for a 6th round pick. Bills traded a proven starter who has had Probowl years for essentially a joke. Simply not enough.

That is not how you build a team and invest in your future.

If Dareus wasn't playing up to his potential, at least part of that blame has to be on the coaches. It's not like Dareus is horrible. He would start for every single NFL team there is right now. Every single one. How in the world is that only worth a 6th round pick?

Another mistake by Beane in my opinion.

If the Bills pass rush and run defense gets worse now - expect the blame to fall where it is due - squarely on Beane.

it's only a 6th because of the contract and lack of production. Denver had to give Cleveland a 2nd to take oswlier and his contract.

Dareus may thrive with marrone who will hold him accountable and willing to coddle him as a young dude

I'll read the whole thing later but on the last point, trust me. Many here cannot stand 26copypaste. They just see it as futile to engage him.

Yep. Best to just laugh if you can, feel a little pity if you must, and wait for a true auto-bot.