Dareus traded to Jacksonville!

HappyDays

I can only assume that Dareus was a serious cancer in the locker room. You can't just suspend him, because then you lose all tradeable value, so dump him for anything you can get in return. If that's how it went down, then I have no problem with it. I'm not about to argue with 4-2 with this roster.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

75% of the posters don't know how to properly evaluate the DT position. They miss the whole part how important a run stuffing anchor is too the middle of a Dline. We will see what he does in Jax now. all I can say to them is good luck, the fans are pumped up rightly so.

How would fans here react if the trade was 180* percent flipped? Basically, us getting MD for a 6th?

We didn't pay a guy $100 million to be a damn anchor.

I can only assume that Dareus was a serious cancer in the locker room. You can't just suspend him, because then you lose all tradeable value, so dump him for anything you can get in return. If that's how it went down, then I have no problem with it. I'm not about to argue with 4-2 with this roster.

So who do we think he was torpedoing?

And we already sent him home in preseason and cut his snaps drastically- so what difference is a suspension.

Wrong again.

Too busy believing your own generalizations based on snap counts that don't factor in anything including him leaving on game early, missing one game, and then working his way back from injury. Keep swinging though.

Ok so where are your posts with your analysis? How about you break down some clips for us instead of riding the coat tails of someone else's work. These are 19 snaps of Dareus. Some of the same play. Some of which he didn't really do much. I'm sure anyone with all22 access could pull 19 clips of any other player on the D doing the same thing.

Here is one of the analysis from your link

1 QB hurry on 12 pass rush snaps by Dareus, it may have affected this pass. Forced 3rd and long. Not the same player right now.

Edited by Scott7975

So were Randy Moss, Corey Dillon, Aaron Hernandez, Golden Tate, Percy Harvin, Marshawn Lynch, etc... Sometimes you need to overlook personalities that you dont like if the talent (and contract) warrants it. You need to find ways to make it work.

MD, Sammy, Darby were all here together at the same time.

What was accomplished?

75% of the posters don't know how to properly evaluate the DT position. They miss the whole part how important a run stuffing anchor is too the middle of a Dline. We will see what he does in Jax now. all I can say to them is good luck, the fans are pumped up rightly so.

How would fans here react if the trade was 180* percent flipped? Basically, us getting MD for a 6th?

But you know, right? Obviously better than either Beane or McDermott. Nope, ol’ Real McCoy knows what’s best for this Bills roster now and in the future.

Which great DTs have won a Super Bowl recently? It isnt an important enough position. Give me guys that rush the passer. Paying big money to a run gap stuffer is a waste.

I guess NFL Scouts and Coaches are wrong then on positions of most importance? Your take a DT is very off and your normally spot on.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000503855/article/ranking-each-positions-importance-from-quarterback-to-returner

6) Defensive tackle

"Despite the emphasis on the passing game, defensive coaches still build strategies around the initial premise of stopping the run. Interior defenders who can destroy running plays between the tackles while also delivering consistent sack production are worth their weight in gold in today's NFL."

Edited by Real McCoy

Ok so where are your posts with your analysis? How about you break down some clips for us instead of riding the coat tails of someone else's work. These are 19 snaps of Dareus. Some of the same play. Some of which he didn't really do much. I'm sure anyone with all22 access could pull 19 clips of any other player on the D doing the same thing.

I'm not putting in that much effort for you. Just stick to your snap count analysis and watching games that don't focus on line play.

Wrong again.

Too busy believing your own generalizations based on snap counts that don't factor in anything including him leaving on game early, missing one game, and then working his way back from injury. Keep swinging though.

I don't think anyone is saying he's not a talent.

He's underwhelmed and unmotivated here. You want this on your roster for that kind of money and years?

I guess NFL Scouts and Coaches are wrong then on positions of most importance? Your take a DT is very off and your normally spot on.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000503855/article/ranking-each-positions-importance-from-quarterback-to-returner

6) Defensive tackle

"Despite the emphasis on the passing game, defensive coaches still build strategies around the initial premise of stopping the run. Interior defenders who can destroy running plays between the tackles while also delivering consistent sack production are worth their weight in gold in today's NFL."

Ummmm - THIS doesn't describe MD

Marcel had a season where he displayed the ability to be that rare combination of being able to stuff the run while also collapsing the pocket into the quarterback. I had high hopes for him but he never built on that season. Some of the hurdles had to do with off field situations and challenges and others from coaching changes and health. If Marcel gets his head right he will be a force or getting his head right may mean he does not want to play football. Either way i wish the guy happiness.

I'm not putting in that much effort for you. Just stick to your snap count analysis and watching games that don't focus on line play.

Oh I see so you can say Dareus is awesome but not provide any reasons why.

Analysis from the link you provided...

1 QB hurry on 12 pass rush snaps by Dareus, it may have affected this pass. Forced 3rd and long. Not the same player right now.

On another play... Dareus sole sack on the season the guard chipped Dareus then stupidly goes to double another player leaving Dareus a gaping hole to the QB. I mean you guys sit there and say Dareus gets doubled. Well this play they just let him go completely.

Another play the runner went through the hole Darues was pushed out of.

These are just some of the 19 whole plays that were posted by someone else. I haven't gone through the rest yet but I will when I have more time. See, at least am willing to put forth some effort to back up what I say. You put forth nothing.

Edited by Scott7975

So you're open to moving him, just wait?

Fair.

I'm guessing they didn't want to miss the opportunity while it was there. IMO, it just wasn't going to work here.

They could have easily been more patient this season, but that was their obvious conclusion given what Beane said last night. .

Oh I see so you can say Dareus is awesome but not provide any reasons why.

Analysis from the link you provided...

On another play... Dareus sole sack on the season the guard chipped Dareus then stupidly goes to double another player leaving Dareus a gaping hole to the QB. I mean you guys sit there and say Dareus gets doubled. Well this play they just let him go completely.

Another play the runner went through the hole Darues was pushed out of.

These are just some of the 19 whole plays that were posted by someone else. I haven't gone through the rest yet but I will when I have more time. See, at least am willing to put forth some effort to back up what I say. You put forth nothing.

I said why here in this thread and in others previously. I'm not repeating myself for you.

But you know, right? Obviously better than either Beane or McDermott. Nope, ol’ Real McCoy knows what’s best for this Bills roster now and in the future.

Nice hot take right there, time will tell is all. If you read every page on this thread you would know what I'm talking about with the posters who continuously bring up tackle stats as a DT performance being the end all which is 100% complete utter BS. If some can't understand how important a wall in the middle of a Dline is that dictates how and where a team tries to run the football I'm not sure what to say.

Thanks for your insight though.