Dareus traded to Jacksonville!

HappyDays

I am not ignoring it. How was the run defense against Tampa?

So wich DTs are picking up Dareus run defensive snaps and stacking those Doubles. Because you can go with the 67% number. But who is taking his 33% against Doubles now?

Also how has Kyle looked when next to Worthy or Washington? Pretty bad why? Because now Kyle has to face the Doubles Dareus was

It was pretty good. They didn't run the ball all that much. The one highlight of a big run Dareus was lying on the ground.

Same ones that did so against Denver when Dareus played zero snaps.

Same as he looked when Dareus was next to him.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And for the record i have been highly critical of Dareus at times this year.

But the fact remains this year the team is better with him that without him

And the value isnt there to warrent this trade

Exactly, and I want to win this year.

Only if they kept him passes his guarantee date which i think was the 3rd day of the new league year

Otherwise it would have been just the 14.5M dead that they have now

I don't think that is accurate. Maybe it is, but that doesn't sound right.

Have you looked at the situational snaps Dareus Faced compared the the other DTs. I bet not. That is why you have no idea what you really are talking about just using an overall percentage

What were his situational stats against Denver. How about you post them and give us your analysis instead of just speaking with nothing to back it up.

What was Atlanta Cinci TB running numbers?

And what were the situations of Dareus snaps? Run downs or pass downs. But hey just keep looking at an overall percentage and think this defense isnt weaker today than it was Monday

But hey just keep posting this with nothing to back it up.

What were they? Its not my job to research your argument. I researched my argument. You've done nothing but speak meaningless words.

Wrong.

He had a 25M signing so for 2018 5M left to cover

5M dead

Another 2M and some change of his 2018 number was guaranteed in 2017

Plus 7M more in gurantees.

So cutting after this season would have resulted in 14.5M in dead money as long as cut or traded before the 3rd day of the league year.

$42.9M initially guaranteed (Signing bonus + 2015 base salary + 2016 base salary + 2016 option bonus)

Signing Bonus: $25M (due 12/1/2015)

2016 Option Bonus: $7M

$9.75M 2017 salary becomes fully guaranteed on 3/11/2016

$2.35M of the 2018 salary becomes fully guaranteed on the 3rd league day of 2016

Additional $5M of 2018 salary becomes fully guaranteed on the 3/11/2017

2019-21 Roster Bonus: $2M (due 3rd league day of each year)

1st Team All Pro Base Salary Escalator: $250,000

2016 salary reduced from $7.9 per 4 games suspension

Releasing Dareus before next season. If the Bills released Dareus before June 1, 2018, they would incur a $21.6 million dead-money charge in 2018 resulting from his $7.35 million in guaranteed salary and $14.2 million in accelerated signing bonus proration. That would be more expensive than Dareus' existing $16.575 million cap number in 2018. However, there would be no dead money charge in 2019 under that scenario. If the Bills waited until after June 1 to release Dareus -- or designated him as a post-June 1 cut at an earlier date -- the Bills would still be on the hook for $14 million of Dareus' $16.575 million cap number in 2018. They would then incur a $7.8 million dead-money charge in 2019.

http://www.espn.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/84546/when-could-the-bills-get-out-from-marcell-dareus-contract

Edited by Scott7975

75% of the posters don't know how to properly evaluate the DT position. They miss the whole part how important a run stuffing anchor is too the middle of a Dline. We will see what he does in Jax now. all I can say to them is good luck, the fans are pumped up rightly so.

How would fans here react if the trade was 180* percent flipped? Basically, us getting MD for a 6th?

Do you think the Bills are going to the Super Bow with him? without him? I'd rather have a shot at it, sure, but love freeing up $54M for the future.

I don't know. But I know if we win tomorrow we are in first place. That's one of the steps needed to get there. It's nice freeing up cap space and i'm not totally against the trade, just the timing. it seems like we are trying to win now, but also sacrificing the present for the future. A bit of a contradiction.

The 14.5 m hit next year will be mitigated by the 8.5m cap roll over from 2017.

So if we do the math its 14.5 - 8.5= 6m in dead cap for next year.

BTW just because the league makes you eat cap money doesn't mean your paying it to the player.

The Jags are on the hook for any salary or bonus money after this year.

75% of the posters don't know how to properly evaluate the DT position. They miss the whole part how important a run stuffing anchor is too the middle of a Dline. We will see what he does in Jax now. all I can say to them is good luck, the fans are pumped up rightly so.

How would fans here react if the trade was 180* percent flipped? Basically, us getting MD for a 6th?

Trading for a guy one strike from a years suspension with that cap number? not a chance.

And was Dareus on the team?

Was he doing all that much? 1/11 33% of the time. 0/11 100% against Denver.

Again this means nothing until you start posting the situational snap counts

You post them. Your the one talking about how good he has been with zero to back it up other than your words.

Edited by Scott7975

And they were not facing the doubles like Dareus. Go watch the tapes or just keep tossing away what others are saying.

Of course no one else took a double team. Everyone else was just single blocked while some other lineman just stood there doing nothing. Only when Dareus came on the field for 10 mins a game were there double teams happening.

Edited by Scott7975

You are clueless.

Couldn't agree more!!!

BiilsRDue: You don't care about attitude and contract? What??!?!? Both are the MAJOR reasons he was being shopped to begin with. Plus, tell me what with "ProBowl-Caliber" player has done since getting his big contract? It's like another poster pointed out: Paid like Watt, but performs like JAG. Good riddance!

Which great DTs have won a Super Bowl recently? It isnt an important enough position. Give me guys that rush the passer. Paying big money to a run gap stuffer is a waste.

You can doubt all you'd like. I watch the All-22 via GamePass. What are you doing besides looking at numbers on a page with no context?

Watching the football games. If what you say is true then you would have no problem posting a ton of Dareus snaps and pointing out all of his awesomeness. Yet you haven't posted one clip. Just words.

Edited by Scott7975

Watching the football games. If what you say is true then you would have no problem posting a ton of Dareus snaps and pointing out all of his awesomeness. Yet you haven't posted one clip. Just words.

Wrong again.

Too busy believing your own generalizations based on snap counts that don't factor in anything including him leaving on game early, missing one game, and then working his way back from injury. Keep swinging though.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I understand your concerns about moving players like Watkins and Dareus, but the truth is everyone is talented in this league. Properly motivated talent (i.e., good character) can take a team over the top.

I hate to be blunt but thats a bit asinine.