Dareus traded to Jacksonville!

HappyDays

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet so. They use Dareus a little more on early downs.

So Darues is used on Run downs hmmm. So again what DT takes thise doubles on Run downs to free up the LBers. Kyle?

You just hurt two positions with this trade the NT and the 3 Tech

For what a 6th round Training Camp Body in 2018?

Edited by MAJBobby

Againyou are paying over 10M in cap dead this year for Nothing

14.5M next year for nothing.

All of this could have been done next offseason and only face the 14.5M that you then could have spread over two years with a post jun 1 cut designation.

And still had your DT rotation with a top end talent in it for this years playoff push.

But hey got a less than 1 percent chance you find an NFL player 6th and weakened your team in a Playoff run

Well no. They are paying 10m in dead cap this year for nothing because Dareus did nothing in the 5 games he played.

14.5m next year for nothing. Yep

This is the part you are wrong. Cutting after the season results in a 21.6 m dead cap hit in 2018. Which is a lot higher than 14.5. If they spread that its over 10 for 2018 and 2019.

Both of those are instead of 16.x for an underperforming lump of goo.

He is not a top end talent if he isn't using said talent.

Okay, who can effectively take on double teams to keep the LB corps clean?

The same players that did so the other 67% of the snaps that Dareus was not on the field.

So Darues is used on Run downs hmmm. So again what DT takes thise doubles on Run downs to free up the LBers. Kyle?

You just hurt two positions with this trade the NT and the 3 Tech

For what a 6th round Training Camp Body in 2018?

I said a little more. Dareus is not in every first and second down. And yet guys like Thornton and Washington and Kyle still get the job done.

I prefer the option he stays on the team in 2017 helps Bills playoff push

And move on in 2018 completely removing the contract before the 2019 offseason

That wasn't an option.

What DT is picking up Dareuss snaps.

Dont you think that Worthy and Washington are effective because they are not playing all the time and facing double teams all the time?

The same players that did it against Denver, most of the Carolina game, most of the Atlanta game.

This is just chalked full of lies.

Snap count by game

1-58% W

2-26% L

3-30% W

4-33% L

5-56% W

There is no pattern their.

We gave up the most yards this season when dareus was in the last game.

What it shows is this team can and will suceed with out a lazy player that had linited value.

The losses the TEAM had werent because a lazy player in Dareus wasnt out there for another 50ish snaps on the season.

you missed a game.

Denver, 0 snaps, W

I am really tired of this misleading people that we are "saving" money.

The Bills pay Dareus's salary.

Dareus leaves.

The Bills have to still pay a portion of Dareus's salary, but no Dareus.

The portion of what people are calling "savings" is the difference between what we *were* paying him, and what we *still* have to pay him.

So to sum it up, we are in fact spending millions on nothing but being glad we didn't spend a bit more on Dareus.

`

The Bills are saving $54 million against the cap by trading him. Can you look past your feet? There's a long road in front of them.

Edited by Domdab99

No it doesnt. He was asked to abosorb blocks and keep Lbers free. He does that better than anyone on this team and can hold and stack those doubles better than anyone on this team.

Removing that HURTs this defense and you will see that as the season goes on. Wait until a DT gets hurt

Dareus in the DT rotation is better than the DT rotation without Dareus

They did just fine 67% of the snaps without him. They did fine against Atlanta, Denver, and Cinci where Dareus seen little to no snaps.

Yeah we will see as the season goes on. Can you let it play out before you cry the sky is falling? I'm sure that the Raiders are going to test this defense and get their yards on Sunday. I'm also fairly sure when they do people like you will cry DAREUS!!!! All the while completely ignoring that we will be without Gaines, Humbar, and probably Poyer who have all been far bigger difference makers than Marcel Dareus.

I see no difference with Dareus off the field. The defense played the same way with him and without him.

But we are NOT in the thick of the Super Bowl conversation. Until we are, Beane will make every decision that improves next season even if it makes us a little worse this season. Theyre trying to build consistent championship contenders. Dareus was never going to be a part of that. No DT is, let alone a lazy unmotivated one.

This trade is so obviously good to me and it seems like to people on the other side it is obviously bad. I dont know how to reconcile that.

I'm not concerned about anyone's 'conversation' we are in a battle for first place in our division...I'm not against trading Dareus, I'm just concerned that we are hurting our chances for this season. I'm also concerned that we will trade Glenn next and that would be an enormous blow. I understand what managements plan is, it's just really strange to see it acted upon like it has this season. Big trades before opening day, during the season.... this happens in baseball and hockey when a team is out of contention, we are in contention. It's uncharted territory and a bit uncomfortable.

Edited by klos63

What is better a team with Dareus in a DT rotation or one with DeAndre Coleman in the rotation?

he has not been a big factor this season and why I feel they wont miss him. now, you want to go back to 2014 (10 sacks/35 tackles) form or even 2013 (7.5 sacks/46 tackles), sure then they would miss him. but 4 tackles and one sack in 2017. no, he wont be missed.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DareMa00.htm

I know, it's hard to let go but in the long run this will likely be a very good decision since he wasn't a major contributor and did not fit in to their plans going forward .

again, I trust the process.

The Dareus transaction isn't something to lament about--- it's a transaction that should be praised. It demonstrates that the organization has an ethos that centers around effort, team mentality and character. The Bills are rebuilding the roster with the type of players who fit the ethos that is being promoted. It's not just idle talk. It's being enacted on.

I have said it before that I don't think this is a playoff team mostly because it is too thin. As the season advances the injuries are going to deplete the talent. But I'm not disturbed by that. What I see that I am encouraged about is an organization that is acting in unison and purpose. This new regime isn't simply talking the good talk; they are acting it out. Kudos!

The 6th round pick was meaningless, this was a obviously a cap move to unload an underachiever grossly overpaid relative to his contributions.

I always loved big 99, thought maybe Denver was going to take him instead of Von Miller. Instead they took the guy who won them a superbowl and we took the guy who pretty much gave us headaches.

The next three picks were AJ Green, Patrick Peterson and Julio Jones. JJ Watt was also there to be had.

I don't blame Buddy for picking Marcel, but boy did we lose out on some elite guys in that one.

Talk about not doing your due diligence,thats why we haven't made the playoffs too many first round wiffs.