Kaep will sit at table with Owners: What would you ask him?

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd ask him to move to another country.

White people do not own the country. Republicans do not own the country. Protest is inherent in the rights given to us by the Constitution. If you see an injustice and think that something can and should be done to redress it, it is your right to bring public attention to it. "Love it or leave it" is UnAmerican.

White people do not own the country. Republicans do not own the country. Protest is inherent in the rights given to us by the Constitution. If you see an injustice and think that something can and should be done to redress it, it is your right to bring public attention to it. "Love it or leave it" is UnAmerican.

why is protesting ok now when it wasn't 8 years ago?

So if someone disagrees with Kaepernick you are assuming they are heterosexual white male...the hypocrisy in this comment is stunning, no prejudice with you at all is there.

Prejudice? No. The question I posed was in relation to those that cannot see the inequality and injustice that he is protesting against. I happen to fall into the white, heterosexual male category but I see the issue clearly. I travel with a good friend who is African-American. It's a running joke that he's going to get "randomly selected " for a search at the airport. 100% of the time he does. Not a word of a lie. He has been ticketed twice for jay walking. Jay walking!! He was pulled out of his car and cuffed last year when he was caught going 12 mph over the limit. The guy owns his own business, is s model citizen, is as friendly a himan as you will ever know and is completely treated this way because of the color of his skin. I believe protesting that snd drawing attention to that is very important.

'Disappointed' Russell Okung, other players could skip next meeting with NFL owners

"I am disappointed that further progress has not been reached on discussions with the league," Okung said, per Schefter. "NFL officials appear unmotivated and don't share the same sense of urgency. Increasingly, the meetings appear unproductive at best and disingenuous at worst. Furthermore, the ongoing disparagement of Colin Kaepernick is a factor needing remedy for the players and public to feel heard and for real progress to be made."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-russell-okung-other-players-could-skip-next-meeting-with-nfl-owners/

Have you done anything to improve your lack of accuracy or are you stuck with it like Jamarcus is. Wait, I see the broadside of a barn over there, grab this football and lets take a walk.....

60% completion rate, not great, but certainly not bad. Last season 16/4 TD/INT ratio. Pretty solid. If you don't like him, fine, but if you have to make up stuff to put him down, it doesn't say much for your side of the discussion.

what bluff?

That he actually wants to keep playing and is truly dedicated to his craft.

Maybe he is. The Browns need a QB. I say they should be a perfect match. PLUS, all the attention suddenly put on the Browns COULD finally draw attention to those horrific new uniforms of theirs and get that problem solved before they get good and are on national TV every other week.

Maybe he is. The Browns need a QB. I say they should be a perfect match. PLUS, all the attention suddenly put on the Browns COULD finally draw attention to those horrific new uniforms of theirs and get that problem solved before they get good and are on national TV every other week.

I would think the fact that he continues to work out in an effort to be ready if he does get a chance would show that he does want to keep playing. Plus he also has said that he wants to keep playing. Not sure where the confusion comes from.

Have you done anything to improve your lack of accuracy or are you stuck with it like Jamarcus is. Wait, I see the broadside of a barn over there, grab this football and lets take a walk.....

What an odd comparable as a player. Any reason you chose to highlight Jamarcus here?

CK is 8% higher completion percentage.

Didn't flop out with drugs, gambling and refusing to participate

Is known for his mobility as opposed to being 300 lbs

Was a huge value for his rookie contract

I would think the fact that he continues to work out in an effort to be ready if he does get a chance would show that he does want to keep playing. Plus he also has said that he wants to keep playing. Not sure where the confusion comes from.

I had heard somewhere (maybe sports radio) that he was asking for more $$ than was realistic given his likely backup status, and that there were whispers about his work ethic while in SF, especially after his benching last season. Thus I wonder how much he has a burning desire to be an NFL QB and how much he just wants additional attention for his political views. Either way makes little difference to me.

Now, that could all be bullcrap. I'll be totally honest: I did absolutely zero research on Kap because I don't care all that much. I just want the Browns uniforms changed back to something close to their classic look, and this seems like a good solution. It makes everyone happy.

Kap gets employment, as a starter even. The Browns waste money so he would probably get paid, too.

The media can froth at the mouth and descend like a flock of vultures onto the Browns facility and run stories day and night.

The Browns get some attention and coverage.

and

Someone is bound to notice that they are practically wearing pajamas with the word PINK on the ass as uniforms and shame the Browns into toning those ugly things down.

We all win.

Edited by TheFunPolice

I had heard somewhere (maybe sports radio) that he was asking for more $$ than was realistic given his likely backup status, and that there were whispers about his work ethic while in SF, especially after his benching last season. Thus I wonder how much he has a burning desire to be an NFL QB and how much he just wants additional attention for his political views. Either way makes little difference to me.

Now, that could all be bullcrap. I'll be totally honest: I did absolutely zero research on Kap because I don't care all that much. I just want the Browns uniforms changed back to something close to their classic look, and this seems like a good solution.

I think there are very valid questions about what he's demanding as compensation.

If he stands in the room, pen in hand, declaring he will take 2 years, 5m -- sign him yesterday. If he thinks he deserves the 10m per year plus incentive fringe starter contract.... well... that takes finding the perfect fit and he's burned a few bridges in what would already be a tough find.

Edited by NoSaint

...his craft....are you even remotely serious?.....forget the politics and let's look solely at football....why are Caspernick and RGH II 2/3 both on the sidelines watchin' ?.....how about their collective bursts on the NFL scene were quickly figured out by league DC's and neither were focused on team versus ME?.....and I'd bet the rebuttals would be it's Kaep's politics and RG's physical destruction at the hands of Shanascam......

Kap will always have a bit of a soft spot in my heart for the beatdown he orchestrated on NE in NE on MNF a handful of years ago.

It was so wonderful. I think the score was like 35-3 before NE made it a bit scary before SF put them away for good. One of my favorite NE games ever, along with the 2 KC games and the 2 Giants Super Bowls.

...his craft....are you even remotely serious?.....forget the politics and let's look solely at football....why are Caspernick and RGH II 2/3 both on the sidelines watchin' ?.....how about their collective bursts on the NFL scene were quickly figured out by league DC's and neither were focused on team versus ME?.....and I'd bet the rebuttals would be it's Kaep's politics and RG's physical destruction at the hands of Shanascam......

Kaep had a fairly solid season on a horrible 9er's team last year. It's not about ability, I think we should all understand that by now. Look at all the real crappy qb's playing right now.

so you like to get on your knees eh?

are you propositioning him?

I wouldn't ask him anything. I would listen. The NFL has a TON of long term social power. Look what they have done for breast cancer awareness and research over the years. They should grab the bull by the horns and have a social awareness/counter-racism themed week with a painted insignia of some sort on the field as well as on the jerseys of every player. Sadly, that will never happen...

Edited by Marcel99bigdee

I wouldn't ask him anything. I would listen. The NFL has a TON of long term social power. Look what they have done for breast cancer awareness and research over the years. They should grab the bull by the horns and have a social awareness/counter-racism themed week with a painted insignia of some sort on the field as well as on the jerseys of every player. Sadly, that will never happen...

If this were to happen, I would 100% stop watching NFL football.

We definitely need to raise awareness about racism. I feel like no one even talks about it anymore.

So if you believe one part of the justice system is wrong and may need to be fixed, that means you believe that entire justice system is wrong? That's a ridiculous stance.

Love to hear Kaep's breakdown about which parts are right/work and which parts are wrong.

Unfortunately, it depends on which one is helping him that day.

And I'm SURE he doesn't believe the courts are racist against blacks and convict at a higher rate. :rolleyes:

Love to hear Kaep's breakdown about which parts are right/work and which parts are wrong.

Unfortunately, it depends on which one is helping him that day.

And I'm SURE he doesn't believe the courts are racist against blacks and convict at a higher rate. :rolleyes:

He'd probably have something thoughtful to say about it. He's a very smart guy. 4.0 high school student. 4.0 college student. 1650 SATs. 38 Wonderlic. People that think he's just some dumb, spoiled or angry street thug are ill-informed idiots. I understand if you don't agree with his stance or his actions one bit. People mouthing off about him knowing nothing about him are 10x more ignorant than they are accusing him of being. And I'm against him kneeling for the anthem and always was.

He'd probably have something thoughtful to say about it. He's a very smart guy. 4.0 high school student. 4.0 college student. 1650 SATs. 38 Wonderlic. People that think he's just some dumb, spoiled or angry street thug are ill-informed idiots. I understand if you don't agree with his stance or his actions one bit. People mouthing off about him knowing nothing about him are 10x more ignorant than they are accusing him of being. And I'm against him kneeling for the anthem and always was.

Conjecture. Also, having good grades in high school doesn't make you smart. How many wizards do you know from Kenmore?

Also, his stance is retarded. Isn't he a Castro supporter?

Conjecture. Also, having good grades in high school doesn't make you smart. How many wizards do you know from Kenmore?

No. He's not. The shirt he was wearing was about Malcolm X, someone he admired, who was willing to sit down and talk with Castro to see if they could agree on some things even though they disagreed on a lot of things. That concept was something Kaep thought was a wise thing to do. Then when asked about it, Kaep said that at least Castro spent more on education than prisons.

And it wasn't just high school. You ignored 4.0 in college and 38 Wonderlic. He's a smart guy.

Amen, brother.

You should educate yourself a tad before looking at a black man with a big afro and a bunch of tattoos and deducing that he's a thug.

What he said about Castro is that Castro's policies on education were successful in Cuba. It's not untrue.

The problem is, that's what came out of his mouth.

But people in our society, these days, get their news from Facebook memes and pictures. So they saw the Castro shirt and say, "he supports Castro!!!"

Look beyond the meme and what your friends tell you is the truth, and actually listen to what has come out of this young man's mouth.

Then label him, criticize him or do whatever you choose to do.

But get some facts before you judge.

Amen, brother.

You should educate yourself a tad before looking at a black man with a big afro and a bunch of tattoos and deducing that he's a thug.

What he said about Castro is that Castro's policies on education were successful in Cuba. It's not untrue.

But people in our society, these days, get their news from Facebook memes and pictures. So they saw the Castro shirt and say, "he supports Castro!!!"

Look beyond the meme and what your friends tell you is the truth, and actually listen to what has come out of this young man's mouth.

Yup.

I agree with some of his points, disagree with others. He's at times been immature... but the guys generally smart, even if he is sometimes outside the norm.

No. He's not. The shirt he was wearing was about Malcolm X, someone he admired, who was willing to sit down and talk with Castro to see if they could agree on some things even though they disagreed on a lot of things. That concept was something Kaep thought was a wise thing to do. Then when asked about it, Kaep said that at least Castro spent more on education than prisons.

And it wasn't just high school. You ignored 4.0 in college and 38 Wonderlic. He's a smart guy.

Amen, brother.

“One thing Fidel Castro did do is they have the highest literacy rate because they invest more in their education system than they do in their prison system, which we do not do here even though we’re fully capable of doing that,” Kaepernick said.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_literacy_rate

Cuba ain't even top 12.

#GetSomeFacts #ButDidYouGetA38OnTheWonderlicLikeMe?

Edited by jmc12290

“One thing Fidel Castro did do is they have the highest literacy rate because they invest more in their education system than they do in their prison system, which we do not do here even though we’re fully capable of doing that,” Kaepernick said.

Cuba ain't even top 12.

That is some awesome big picture thinking. I tried. I'm done now. Enjoy your meme news and education and I hope you don't vote. Go Bills!

Cuba ain't even top 12.

It's 99.8%

Now you're just being a dick. ;)