Zay Jones please read

seriously , currently is there a worse receiver is football .

---------------

Starting WR? Statistically? Probably not. But I have no doubt he'll turn it around. He has the talent and game tape to back it up. He just needs a 7 catch 80-100 yard game to break out of this funk.

Keep him on the field....keep targeting him.

Let him push through this

This is the absolute last thing I think they should do. He got targeted 9 times and caught 2 passes in a near loss. He should see the ball far less unless it's garbage time.

• Sad 1

This is the absolute last thing I think they should do. He got targeted 9 times and caught 2 passes in a near loss. He should see the ball far less unless it's garbage time.

Nope.....because we gave up too much for him to have him fail.

He has shown he can do it in the past.....its in his head...he needs to mentally break through it and you dont do that on the bench

Nope.....because we gave up too much for him to have him fail.

He has shown he can do it in the past.....its in his head...he needs to mentally break through it and you dont do that on the bench

Oh, I see. So who would be teaching a lesson by keeping him in there and hurting the offense?

He's shown he can do it in college. He ain't in Kansas no mo, Toto.

Oh, I see. So who would be teaching a lesson by keeping him in there and hurting the offense?

He's shown he can do it in college. He ain't in Kansas no mo, Toto.

Doesnt matter.....we drafted him in the 2nd round and gave up a pick to move up....cant give up on him in year 1

This is complete kneejerk reaction by you

Taylor can't throw him a good pass

If it is mainly on Taylor, than why have Nick O'Leary, Deonte Thompson and Brandon Tate had flashes of recent production while Zay has only been consistent in not producing?

Jones is not ready, period. Doesn't mean that he is a bust, just that he maybe has no business starting yet. Give him time, Eric Moulds was seen as a bust until year three.

Edited by dgrochester55

Doesnt matter.....we drafted him in the 2nd round and gave up a pick to move up....cant give up on him in year 1

This is complete kneejerk reaction by you

I never said give up on him. I said don't give him the opportunity to hurt the team. Put him in when it doesn't matter.

And it's been 7 weeks and it's the first I've said to reduce his targets. This is not knee-jerk.

Edited by Gugny

I never said give up on him. I said don't give him the opportunity to hurt the team. Put him in when it doesn't matter.

And it's been 7 weeks and it's the first I've said to reduce his targets. This is not knee-jerk.

They might actually do this now that Deonte Thompson is here.....but they need to def keep giving him plays and letting him work through this

He just cant be the primary target right now

See what the Eagles did with Agholor. Very similar situation. He started outside and was horrible, he is now playing well out of the slot.

Get Zay off the field unless you are in 4 WR sets. Let him clear his head on the end of the bench.

Graham Barfield

@GrahamBarfield

Zay Jones' 21.9% catch rate is the worst in NFL history for any WR with at least 30 targets in a single-season since 1992

Crazy

Graham Barfield

@GrahamBarfield

Zay Jones' 21.9% catch rate is the worst in NFL history for any WR with at least 30 targets in a single-season since 1992

Crazy
  • Like (+1) 1

I'd agree with you, IF he wasn't getting open. He is. It's just mental and as JFH pointed out, you don't cure the yips on the bench.

The YIPS is that short for not being comfortable running routes? Or is that strictly related to catching the ball?

The mistake was made by whomever decided to trot him out there as an outside WR. Let him work from the slot.

It took the kid 40 yards to get a step on a LB. I believe he would be much more effective inside.

I'd agree with you, IF he wasn't getting open. He is. It's just mental and as JFH pointed out, you don't cure the yips on the bench.

This isn't a mistake here and there, he is dropping passes at an NFL record high rate in the last 25 years. The team is not in a full blown rebuild, they are 4-2. If they were 0-6, I would say, keep him out there and see what he can do. Because they are 4-2, Matthews/Thompson or even Matthews/Tate gives them a better immediate chance.

This doesn't mean I say cut him or let him sit on the end of the bench. Give him chances when the other starters need a break or if is a 3, 4, 5 wr formation. As he gains confidence, give him more chances.

Edited by dgrochester55