Stop linking to Buffalo News aritcles

xsoldier54

16 whole hours, and the free articles are stale.

He's probably the type that stands in front of the microwave and yells "Hurry up!" What the hell did this yahoo do when there only newspapers to read?

yell at cars driving by because they looked fast but were under the speed limit.

How long until twobillsdrive starts charging to be a memeber and per post. Charge per level of membership.

Its a slippery slope, not a good thing.

Imo

The slippery slope was laid by Google and Craigslist, who thought it was a good idea to give away expensive content for free, until they realized that undermining the creation of that content is bad for their business.

Why do you think the Google is suddenly playing nice with news organizations?

SDS -- keep doing exactly what you're doing. Hopefully these ingrates will just leave and it will clean up things a bit around here.

Every now and again you get a thread where nearly everyone I'd consider blocking land on the same side of an issue. I'm not talking people I disagree with but the ones where if there were more of them I'd log out and not come back

Could the articles be fine tuned? Maybe a little but I think the icon nails it as far as solutions go.

16 whole hours, and the free articles are stale.

He's probably the type that stands in front of the microwave and yells "Hurry up!" What the hell did this yahoo do when there only newspapers to read?

TBD is toughening people up with all this waiting around!

Besides, you don't come TBD for the articles, if you know what I mean... :flirt:

I would imagine since the ads are an additional outside revenue. The subscription is to read the content, not block the ads.

I have to wonder if they'd make more advertising $$$ if they had higher viewership because they dropped the fee. I'm sure people have explored this, but I'm not sure how to save the newspaper industry. Time to do some serious adapting.

Nothing in life is free. The subscripton of three dollars might look small, but they get most of their real money from advertising. Posting so much of their content on one site is valuable and is worth a lot more to them than you would realize. I really enjoy the camaraderie on this forum, and what link us all is our love for all things bills. The front page could do with less content from the Buffalo news, because we know they are trying to sell subscription services for free. The fact that you the owner don't benefit from that makes it worse.

Count me in!

I have to wonder if they'd make more advertising $$$ if they had higher viewership because they dropped the fee. I'm sure people have explored this, but I'm not sure how to save the newspaper industry. Time to do some serious adapting.

The industry tried the free model for 15 years. The trend is go back to subscriptions. Like I mentioned earlier, you would need to read 1000 articles in one month for them to earn the $3 in a subscription.

The industry tried the free model for 15 years. The trend is go back to subscriptions. Like I mentioned earlier, you would need to read 1000 articles in one month for them to earn the $3 in a subscription.

I'm a pretty big reader, but it seems they may have made the right choice! YIKES!

I'm a pretty big reader, but it seems they may have made the right choice! YIKES!

A paper like the New York Times might get $7-8 per 1000 page views. Most local papers don't have that pull. Those payout rates keep dropping. That's why many have given up chasing pennies. They used to be nickels.

So, it's just math. How many subscribers do you need to make up for the large drop in advertiser revenue. I think someone posted that the Washington Post did a study and said they would lose 82% of their readership and they still went subscription based.

Is this actually a threat to have people boycott TBD? That's hilarious. :lol:

My pitchfork is ALWAYS lit.

Since there's no one we want to fire on the coaching staff, what with the bye week, we might was well go after TBD!

To quote Nelson Muntz "Gotta nuke something."

My pitchfork is ALWAYS lit.

Since there's no one we want to fire on the coaching staff, what with the bye week, we might was well go after TBD!

To quote Nelson Muntz "Gotta nuke something."

My amusement was more that the idea that leroi has any sort of following. He strikes me as more the "loon with a sandwich board on a street corner" type of boycotter.

Really, anyone who'd follow him in a boycott is someone we're likely better off without anyway.

Thought you said you were going to use ignore? What's taking so long? You're still complaining about people complaining.

I just have to ask. are you not complaining about the people complaining, about people complaining?

not a trick question.

jfr. bn could not lure me to a subscription and I never went out of my way to read their stuff unless what was quoted. just not a good source even being the hometown news.

jmo

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

I agree! This is supposed to be a free site. If the Buffalo News wants to charge they should go to their site. Or better still , sell some advertising on this site so that the ad money can pay for the articles. Charging the readers is wrong. Unless the owners of this board are getting a kick back. That's entirely possible.

I just saw a BN Bills article on google news. Go tilt at that windmill.

Feel free to put any news link on the page you provide for us. If it isnt a free link I wont pay read it. I decided to do that all on my own. If in fact I decide to pay. I will decide that all by myself too. I choose to put my big boy pants on and make this incredibly choice by myself. All that said is there a donate link here somewhere for your free page that you put together so selflessly? Edited by fansince88

Would appreciate if the moderators would post articles from other publications that do not require you to pay to read them. There are plenty of other sources for Bills related material besides the Buffalo News. I can't read 99% of the articles on the page because you have to subscribe in order to read them. If the Buffalo News wants to require a subscription to read their material, then that's fine, it's their newspaper and their right. I just would like to continue to read articles on Two Bills Drive without having to pay to do so. Anyone else feel the same way?

What does this have to with Tyrod sucking.... or not sucking.... I GUess... B-)

A strange realization, the group that is adamant about not paying the 3 bucks is the same group of posters who continually vomit on the board.

The people who claim they would never pay $3 a month for a garbage product like the Buffalo News also accuse me of raking in the kickbacks on the same garbage product costing less than a cafeteria brownie.

As soon as I roll these new found nickels up, I'm telling ya - Golden Corral here I come!

You people that are bitching and think Scott gets kickbacks? Complain because it is up to you if you want to pay to read something.

Go start your own site. TAKE A HIKE. THIS HAS BECOME SUCH BULL CRAP

You mad, bro?

Copyright Fergy

The people who claim they would never pay $3 a month for a garbage product like the Buffalo News also accuse me of raking in the kickbacks on the same garbage product costing less than a cafeteria brownie.

As soon as I roll these new found nickels up, I'm telling ya - Golden Corral here I come!

You should roll some of those nickels into memberships to the buff News for the less fortunate.

You know, pay it forward.

Tom can use some help.

Lol

Imo

Edited by Leroi