Pats now in sole possession of 1st place in the AFC East

Because deep down I know the Bills season is over unless we make a move to Peterman and try and ignite this team again.

I've spoken to several contacts I have in the scouting world this past week and they all said the obvious....Bills are spinning their wheels and delaying the inevitable sticking with Taylor and not starting the better player on the bench.

Yep. No doubt this is magic Jeff...

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not this time. They would have lost to the jets today but the zebras gift wrapped them a win after stealing a jets TD and giving the ball back to the Pats* in the worst call in history.

My immediate first thought when that play was overturned was that somebody making that decision either 1) had money on the game or 2) owes a debt to La Cosa Nostra

It was as bad as the ref FUBAR last year in the Bills Seahawks game. Unbelievably idiotic officiating.

For the people that insist the Jets fumble in the endzone isn't legit, what purpose would the NFL have to give purposely negate that play and help the Pats?

I mean wasn't it just last year that the same conspiracy theorists said that Goodell and the NFL were out to get the Patriots because of the deflategate nonsense? Why all of a sudden would they do a 360 and make sure they give the Pats every call possible?

Anyway, I hope the Bills realize what's at stake this week after watching their division lead evaporate in just a few short weeks. Pats are only going to get strong as the season wears on while most feel the Bills have peaked and are destined to begin the annual midseason skid which may have started in Cincy last week.

I've spoken to several contacts I have in the scouting world this past week and they all said the obvious....Bills are spinning their wheels and delaying the inevitable sticking with Taylor and not starting the better player on the bench.

Based on your body of posting here, I don't think this question is out of line: When you reference contacts you have in the scouting world, are you referring to Boy Scouts or Girl Scouts?

My sense is you'd write anything for a box of thin mints, but I could be wrong.

For the people that insist the Jets fumble in the endzone isn't legit, what purpose would the NFL have to give purposely negate that play and help the Pats?

I mean wasn't it just last year that the same conspiracy theorists said that Goodell and the NFL were out to get the Patriots because of the deflategate nonsense? Why all of a sudden would they do a 360 and make sure they give the Pats every call possible?

Anyway, I hope the Bills realize what's at stake this week after watching their division lead evaporate in just a few short weeks. Pats are only going to get strong as the season wears on while most feel the Bills have peaked and are destined to begin the annual midseason skid which may have started in Cincy last week.

Yep. Definitely Girl Scouts.

Tinfoil hat time. What reason would the NFL have to overturn the play and ensure a Patriot win? With dropping ratings and coming off what looked like a subpar Sunday night game 0-5 Giants @ Denver. They would want NE in sole possession of first place going into Atlanta so they can pump up the Super Bowl rematch, The 3-3 Patriots in sole possession of last place in the AFC east who just lost to the Jets would not have been a good look. In a year of poor and dropping ratings they need a marquee matchup. Was the ball moving? Yes? Was there any definitive look or mashup of replays to review? No.

Edited by Mat68

Well when you consider that ONlY PATS fans felt the NFL was out to get them, it makes more sense. The call was garbage ( even ex Pat players admitted this on national TV) and the Pats have always gotten the calls their way. Look at Cooks " TD" at the end of the HOU game. He clearly lost the ball when he landed, still got the " win".

Yep. No doubt this is magic Jeff...

BINGO!

If that was already a theory kudos to all who figured it out. But this was the first I saw it and it's like a light bulb went off. JeffisMagic. No doubt. Good work Swat

My immediate first thought when that play was overturned was that somebody making that decision either 1) had money on the game or 2) owes a debt to La Cosa Nostra

It was as bad as the ref FUBAR last year in the Bills Seahawks game. Unbelievably idiotic officiating.

Worst call I have seen in a long time. Fact that it was deemed irrefutable as well...wow.

If replay is going to give us results that go against both logic and the commonsense application of in-the-moment refereeing...what's the point?

BINGO!

If that was already a theory kudos to all who figured it out. But this was the first I saw it and it's like a light bulb went off. JeffisMagic. No doubt. Good work Swat

No I think Jeffismagic was actually a Bills fan. An annoying Bills fan, but a Bills fan nonetheless. This dude is a Pats troll who used to be all over the BBMB with multiple usernames. If he was Jeffismagic hed be a Chiefs homer, looking at his posts he is obviously a Pats homer. He talks just like that troll used to talk on BBMB.

Dude probably has a severe mental illness. Trolling is one thing but a sustained troll job over several years on different forums with multiple usernames signals a major mental issue.

Edited by HappyDays

Worst call I have seen in a long time. Fact that it was deemed irrefutable as well...wow.

If replay is going to give us results that go against both logic and the commonsense application of in-the-moment refereeing...what's the point?

Well when you look at it in replay the football is not in control through the process of getting to the goal line in my humble opinion.

Its a bad rule regardless and a gift wrapped football given to the opposition for no reason IMO.

Well when you look at it in replay the football is not in control through the process of getting to the goal line in my humble opinion.

Its a bad rule regardless and a gift wrapped football given to the opposition for no reason IMO.

It looked to me that way as well. Which meant he didn't have control of the ball crossing the goal line. Which means (to me anyway) that it's a fumble OOB and Jets ball at the 1.

It looked to me that way as well. Which meant he didn't have control of the ball crossing the goal line. Which means (to me anyway) that it's a fumble OOB and Jets ball at the 1.

and this is exactly the way the rule should be written,

good grief

Wait a second, the ball was thrown, if he never had possession of it how was it a fumble? I can see where it would not be a touchdown but how can it be a fumble?

Even if that was true (which is debatable) he immediately secured the ball, in bounds and in the end zone. So it was a TD.

But even if what you say is true and what I'm saying isn't true, it was ruled a TD and was impossible to conclusively tell otherwise, so should have never been reversed!

Vegas would have had that call being overturned at +10,000!

Also, the fact that it was the Pats benefitting is only a small frustration to me. The fact that the NFL rules are a disaster and the officials are a disaster are the real frustration for this person. Pats is only poison icing on the **** cake.

Edited by dubs

Wait a second, the ball was thrown, if he never had possession of it how was it a fumble? I can see where it would not be a touchdown but how can it be a fumble?

He had possession. Contact with a Cheatriot player knocked the ball loose. He regained possession of the ball but by that time was OOB.

He lost the ball midair diving for the Pylon. He regained it and hit the Pylon. That's Touchdown. No other way to see it on replay. The actual moment he touches the Pylon the ball is obscured. Immediately afterward he clearly has the ball. The ruling of a touchback had zero eveidence to support it much less conclusive evidence. The ruling on the field should have stood absolutely .

He had possession. Contact with a Cheatriot player knocked the ball loose. He regained possession of the ball but by that time was OOB.

You actually cannot tell at what moment possession was regained. The call should have stood, there is no other way to call it. Evidence must be conclusive to overturn the call on the field and it was not.

Whatever happened to that non-sense about controlling the ball all the way to the ground, he had it for two steps and lost it, in todays NFL i dont think that is going to be ruled a catch. Guess the point is this entire what is a catch in the NFL has turned into a absolute farce.

He lost the ball midair diving for the Pylon. He regained it and hit the Pylon. That's Touchdown. No other way to see it on replay. The actual moment he touches the Pylon the ball is obscured. Immediately afterward he clearly has the ball. The ruling of a touchback had zero eveidence to support it much less conclusive evidence. The ruling on the field should have stood absolutely .

You actually cannot tell at what moment possession was regained. The call should have stood, there is no other way to call it. Evidence must be conclusive to overturn the call on the field and it was not.

You can when you have access to ALL of the camera angles.

The NFL reviewed the tape and the call was correct.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21042849/officiating-czar-stands-call-nullify-new-york-jets-touchdown

NFL senior vice president of officiating Al Riveron said Monday it was "clear and obvious" to overturn New York Jets tight end's Austin Seferian-Jenkins' touchdown catch in the fourth quarter Sunday against the New England Patriots.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21042849/officiating-czar-stands-call-nullify-new-york-jets-touchdown

NFL senior vice president of officiating Al Riveron said Monday it was "clear and obvious" to overturn New York Jets tight end's Austin Seferian-Jenkins' touchdown catch in the fourth quarter Sunday against the New England Patriots.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jets-rip-overturned-td-call-vs-patriots-ex-nfl-vp-of-refs-says-league-messed-up/

The guy that made the decision is defending it? Well, that clears that up then...

Bottom line is, it was no where near conclusive enough to overturn.

What else is the officials supposed to say, we blew it or we dont know for sure?

Regardless, by today's NFL rules I dont think he had possession long enough to even qualify as a catch.

What else is the officials supposed to say, we blew it or we dont know for sure?

Regardless, by today's NFL rules I dont think he had possession long enough to even qualify as a catch.

It wouldn't be the first time the NFL admitted to a HUGE mistake.

Look at it this way fellas ------ this is one more notch in Brady's belt of retirement. All time winning record.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21042849/officiating-czar-stands-call-nullify-new-york-jets-touchdownNFL senior vice president of officiating Al Riveron said Monday it was "clear and obvious" to overturn New York Jets tight end's Austin Seferian-Jenkins' touchdown catch in the fourth quarter Sunday against the New England Patriots.

Where exactly is this mysterious angle that shows clear and obvious evidence? It certainly isn't in that clip and wasn't on TV yesterday either. It's a bit strange that it's not being made available to fans, probably because it doesn't exist. These angles it sure looks as though he has the ball when he hits the Pylon it's not clear enough to say otherwise. The play was not ruled a fumble on the field, which is key here.

Ha. Not even remotely true.

He lost the ball for a split second, grabbed it and landed in bounds. Hitting the pylon with your body doesn't mean you are down. That's actually irrelevant to the play.

Even if that didn't happen, there is no evidence to overturn.

Just a real bad look for the NFL. Real bad.

Edited by dubs

Please report Peterman threads so he may be banned

He was banned on BBMB for being a troll on at least 10 different screen names. His original screen name at least the first one I know of was HighFootballIQ. It's only a matter of time but he'll come back over and over and over.

Yeah. I don't think anyone has anything in the playbook to combat that nonsense. What the hell is the point of instant replay when the final call is worse than the initial one.

And it goes back to that "tuck rule" game for the Pats vs the Raiders. Nobody had heard of that rule and the ref comes up with it for that crucial play?

I've spoken to several contacts I have in the scouting world this past week and they all said the obvious.....

LMAO you can't be :censored: serious to think anyone believes you. :thumbdown:

When you were talking to the Cheatriots scouts did they have any idea how they are going to replace Gilmore and /or improve the Cheats D?? lol

Edited by cba fan