Deshawn Watson is better then Tyrod. Yes I said it

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No QB no playoffs. It's that simple to get a QB you need to draft a QB in the first couple of rounds. Houston will win there division

and may win a couple of playoff games all because they have a franchise QB. mean while back at one Bills drive were looking at CB's. Give me a break when will we ever learn. So we pass on Watson and Mahomes 2 game changers and you think that's ok. No wonder we can't make the playoffs for 17 straight years.

Watson is off to the best start of any rookie QB ever.

pretty much back to back 300 yards games and we just keep passing on QBs. We're 3-1 because of are Def not because

of offense. So let's just keep passing on QB Mahomes, Watson

Russell Wilson, Carr the list goes on and on.

Wait until NFL coordinators break down his game. Then get back to me.

It's curious timing for a thread of this nature, as we are in the midst of a modified re-build and almost certainly going to take a "star" QB with our first pick in next year's draft.

The basic premise is sound, however.

The incompetence of this organization throughout the drought can't really be overstated.

It's curious timing for a thread of this nature, as we are in the midst of a modified re-build and almost certainly going to take a "star" QB with our first pick in next year's draft.

The basic premise is sound, however.

The incompetence of this organization throughout the drought can't really be overstated.

Why is everyone so sure we will take a QB 1st rd next year if at all? What if Tyrod continues this level of play and we make the playoffs?

Why is everyone so sure we will take a QB 1st rd next year if at all? What if Tyrod continues this level of play and we make the playoffs?

That just proves my point everyone wants to get a QB next year.

So why not draft Watson or Mahomes.

You can't want a QB next year and criticize me for saying we're stupid to not take either Watson or Mahomes in this years draft.

Edited by Thurmanator 12074

No QB no playoffs. It's that simple to get a QB you need to draft a QB in the first couple of rounds. Houston will win there division

and may win a couple of playoff games all because they have a franchise QB. mean while back at one Bills drive were looking at CB's. Give me a break when will we ever learn. So we pass on Watson and Mahomes 2 game changers and you think that's ok. No wonder we can't make the playoffs for 17 straight years.

stop with the "we" and it's their not "there"

you know what you're good at, whining. you whine too much.

all this following a win and standing atop the afce at 3-1.

pathetic.

stop with the "we" and it's their not "there"

you know what you're good at, whining. you whine too much.

all this following a win and standing atop the afce at 3-1.

pathetic.

You just can't handle the truth

Edited by Thurmanator 12074

Obviously not true all the time, don't play obtuse. But it's not exactly news when an early round QB performs better than a late round QB.

Obtuse has nothing to do with the point. It's a caveat to slow the roll on anointing rookie QBs four games into an NFL career.

Hmmmm guess you missed the part where Houston already won their division the last 2 years in a row WITHOUT a QB. And last I checked, Bills are in first place with a 3-1 record in their division while Watson and Houston are in 2nd place with a 2-2 record in their division. Lot of football left to play, but last I checked 3-1 and first place is better than 2-2 and 2nd place.

Mahomes hasn't played a snap in the NFL yet, so wondering just how you can crown him already...and with the way Smith is playing, Mahomes may not see the field for meaningful snaps without an injury even next year.

And Watson has yet to prove anything other than he has a lot of potential. Seen this story MANY times in the NFL...guys like RG3, Vince Young, etc who start out promising even win ROY honors and then fizzle. So also VERY premature to crown him a franchise QB after one game.

I hope Watson has a great career, he was fun to watch in college and is a stand up human being. Not rooting against him by any means, just not going to rush to a rash conclusion after one game.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Watson will not be RGIII or Vince Young. Neither of them are close to being the person that Deshaun Watson is. He will stay grounded, stay humble and keep working hard. That is who he is. That is all he knows.

It is fine for people to say it will take more than 2 games to convince that he is a future NFL star... I get that. But this kid is magic. He has something special.

Watson is off to the best start of any rookie QB ever.

pretty much back to back 300 yards games and we just keep passing on QBs. We're 3-1 because of are Def not because

of offense. So let's just keep passing on QB Mahomes, Watson

Russell Wilson, Carr the list goes on and on.

Terrific starts don't always last. Remember Dennis Shaw?

If he does turn out better than Tyrod down the road, would that be a huge surprise? Watson is a first rounder and Tyrod is a guy who looks like he's on the road to have a long career as a Fitz-type guy, good enough to make people dream but not good enough to win titles unless you have the kind of team around him that, say, Trent Dilfer had around him that one year.

Too early to say, in any case. Could go either way. Tyrod's first seven games or so as a starter looked terrific.

So the Redskins draft RG3 then in the 4th round they draft cousins in the same draft. So what did we learn there. Draft a

Fu$king QB, if you don't you will not get a franchise QB. Now cousins is one of the best QB's in football. I guess the bills should start looking at Linebackers and WR for next years draft. We're not drafting a QB because Tyrod is here to stay.

So the Redskins draft RG3 then in the 4th round they draft cousins in the same draft. So what did we learn there. Draft a

Fu$king QB, if you don't you will not get a franchise QB. Now cousins is one of the best QB's in football. I guess the bills should start looking at Linebackers and WR for next years draft. We're not drafting a QB because Tyrod is here to stay.

You are an angry man.

You should be an NFL scout if you can predict these things... lol

We heard it here that a guy who is 6'1" is too short to play QB in the NFL. So Baker Mayfield is out.

He won't be able to throw over the middle. :lol::lol:

Edited by PolishDave

Watson 25-34 283 yards 4 TD passed, 1 rushing TD. 5 TD's in total. 25 rushing yards throwing deep like crazy. Will Fullers back 2TDs and they have Hopkins. The Houston coach called Watson the Michael Jordon of College Football. So they trade up to take him. The coach said you don't pass on this guy ever. Typical Bills just keep passing on QB's this is a QB driven league. No QB no playoffs. watch the Texans go to the playoffs and deep into them.

Over the last two weeks Watson went 47/67 (70%) for 584 yards, 6 TDs, and 3 INTs against the 32nd and 29th ranked pass defenses (DVOA). He also went 27/47 (57%) for 227 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT the first two weeks against the 1st and 8th ranked pass defenses (DVOA) - with a 12/23 (52%) for 102 yards, 1 TD, and 1 INT against the number one pass defense.

I like Watson and think he is going to be a good NFL QB. However, I am not ready to annoint him the "Michael Jordan" of the NFL after four games - particularly when the last two have been against really bad pass defenses.

Edited by billsfan1959

I like Watson and think he is going to be a good NFL QB. However, I am not ready to annoint him the "Michael Jordan" of the NFL after four games - particularly when the last two have been against really bad pass defenses.

Nor should you be. But there are also noticeable areas of growth from game 1 to game 4 on the tape. One of the great things about Deshaun is he is so obviously coachable. He will have dips this season, most rookie QBs do, the important thing is that Billy O doesn't get trigger happy again, sticks with him and takes his lumps where they come. It is for Texans good in the long term.

No **** $herlock... :lol:

I guess I'm the only one who found this quip funny as I feel it deserves some recognition. Watson has that "it" factor in college and I was hoping the Bills would take a chance on him. Now that we didn't, I hope he has a career similar to Vince Young and RG3.

Watson entered probably the best situation a rookie QB could ask for. Decent run game, good wrs, and dominate D. I still do not understand how Savage was gifted the job. That team would be much better if Watson was the guy since the preseason.

Watson will not be RGIII or Vince Young. Neither of them are close to being the person that Deshaun Watson is. He will stay grounded, stay humble and keep working hard. That is who he is. That is all he knows.

It is fine for people to say it will take more than 2 games to convince that he is a future NFL star... I get that. But this kid is magic. He has something special.

Agreed Gunner. Loved Watson coming out, and his first few games have helped solidify my belief that he will be a good one in this league.

"We will get our guy next year"

You can't coach what Watson has.

Houston was a perfect landing spot though. Good WR's, decent RB's who are weapons in the passing game, great defense.

Has OROY and 11-5 written all over it

This kind of thread is killing the board. Further even if you had put then it would have been wrong. Than is correct

Folks, please stop with these baseless opinion LAMP/hot take threads.

Wait wait wait. This type of thread is killing the board, but Orton on the wall of fame threads are ok? :lol: You definitely provide some great comedy, I will give you that.

Wait wait wait. This type of thread is killing the board, but Orton on the wall of fame threads are ok? :lol: You definitely provide some great comedy, I will give you that.

I think the OP's style was a little brusque... he always is... and can be a little repetitive and "drum banging" when he finds a particular hobby horse. However, what I think is a point in this thread is that there were a lot of people in the spring saying they didn't want to draft a QB high this April (whether Deshaun or someone else) because this class was poor and we should wait for the great 2018 class. I was sceptical of that view then and looking at where we sit 5 weeks into the CFB season I remain sceptical.

This was never about whether Tyrod could lead us to the playoffs for me. It was that I thought there were guys in this draft with a genuine chance to be franchise QBs. Clearly none have proven that they are that yet. But the policy of punting on a QB again was one I really struggled to get behind in 2017... and that was mainly because I actually liked this class.

Nah. Can't be.

I had all the experts on here tell me that Watson's 49 mph heater wasn't fast enough to be successful in the NFL.

Wait a few weeks before you puff your chest. I believe his ball placement issues will continue to be a problem and defenses will have better game plans to stop him moving forward. In the next 3 games he faces Kansas City and Seattle (and Cleveland in between). If he plays decently against those defenses that will be more impressive.