Hughes doesn't get why Jim Kelly is on the field in 2017

YoloinOhio

not good.. dont like Hughes comment... like hughes.. dont like his BS after the whistle penalties.. best he just STHU.. No room for diversity Jerry?

Shotgunner and Yolo have a point. If you separate the comment from the whole protest thing, It's past time for the team to move on from the past 1989/1990s teams and forge their own identity.

Focus on today's players and today's coaches, good or bad, and not on "yesterday's glories"

not blaming the messengerr .. but if true .. thats dumb

How so?

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there was some derogatory nastiness towards LeSean while stretching. leave it at that

surprised we haven't met

we all agree we can hate Commies still. wait, right ? Better dead than Red !

Nothing shows respect for the flag/anthem like shouting at someone about their lack if disrespect while it's playing.

Like those jackasses that yell at people about wearing hats. Yeah that hat is somehow less respectful than your drunken ass shouting.

Never forget that Jim Kelly scored a 15 on the wonderlic (as a QB). He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

lets not go there Kirby.

We each and all have our shortcomings. Having a good heart and trying to do the good is all that matters.

I would have been lucky to score that :D

Shotgunner and Yolo have a point. If you separate the comment from the whole protest thing, It's past time for the team to move on from the past 1989/1990s teams and forge their own identity.

Focus on today's players and today's coaches, good or bad, and not on "yesterday's glories"

:thumbsup: ...I agree

How so?

Yesterday's glories are all we have.

Today's been **** for 17 years.

:lol:

I do not like Jerry Hughes comments regarding Jim Kelly.

Mr. Kelly had a valid statement and should be respected.

I respect this post.

I do not agree completely .

I do agree about the first bit and less about the second. But I will keep in mind your opinion absolutely.

and everyone should be respected

Nothing shows respect for the flag/anthem like shouting at someone about their lack if disrespect while it's playing.

Like those jackasses that yell at people about wearing hats. Yeah that hat is somehow less respectful than your drunken ass shouting.

we all have our roles to play in this world perhaps.

But booing our own players and or name calling is a bit weak.

Any person kneeling or stretching not honoring our flag. Yes there dead to me, most players were standing. It's pretty simple keep these idiots in the locker room during the national anthem. They are there to play football not to protest.

So every player that was on the field on Sunday.

Or your sarcasm is just that good.

you realize that most players stood up with arms interlocked in response to the president's thoughts right?

No hands over heart.

They are protesting him. Not the flag.

And not most players on the team, in the league. Or they didn't come on the field at all. Are all of those players dead as well since they stayed in the locker room and you don't know what they did?

Edited by The Wiz

he actually said he spoke only for himself

well obviously self sacrifice. Which make him a more respected and amazing Team Leader !

I got this bitter teacher named Genny. She's pretty lite on her feet.

She spells it Light. Odd I know. but gets pissed when you say it wrong.

Can we agree on this one minor item that's slipped through the Trumpian crack: What the hell is Adam Gotsis, Australian citizen (and as far as I know not a naturalized U.S. citizen) doing protesting during the national anthem?

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nfl/nfl-week-three-wrap-up-brad-wing-owns-loss-and-adam-gotsis-stands-by-brothers/news-story/ee0db2d83944168e228e013dd096812d

I understand the solidarity thing, but dude, this is not your country. Do you kneel when they play the Aussie anthem because of their far more disturbing (than the U.S.) treatment of refugees? Or of their aboriginal population? No protesting someone else's anthem allowed.

you realize that most players stood up with arms interlocked in response to the president's thoughts right?

No hands over heart.

They are protesting him. Not the flag.

And not most players on the team, in the league. Or they didn't come on the field at all. Are all of those players dead as well since they stayed in the locker room and you don't know what they did?

Thank you.

If everyone considered what the Flag has meant over 240 years maybe?

Aint perfect for sure.

When it comes to guys like Kelly and Thurman ... here you have guys that came to Buffalo as players, fell in love with the area and now choose to call it home when they could pick anywhere in the world. So current players need to tread lightly, because their commitment to the area is likely no where near as strong. It sounds like Shady's antics went beyond a show of unity and he was rightfully criticized for it.

Can't imagine having such a massive ego that you felt it was your place to get up in these guys face right before the game for doing something you don't agree with. This was just truly moronic by Kelly. These guys came together and decided what they thought was best to do as a team. If Kelly doesn't like it, he needs to get over it. Hughes comments are dead on. Kelly handled this like a child.

Edited by Zac

I personally feel the connection b/w some of our glory year superstars and current teams has been kind of cool.

Only in Buffalo or maybe a few other really small markets would something like that even exist.

Connecting past Bills families with the current one is a nice idea.

I do understand why some current Bills may not like that, and I think Kelly should be more careful about whose toes he steps on.

But surely Hughes isn't really trying to go after Jimbo, is he? If he is, that's misguided.

If Thurman Thomas is taking a knee and disrespecting the flag during the National Anthem he can kiss my Azz too. if I could change my screen name I would at this moment. I just changed it about a month ago, so you have to wait 6 months. I will be changing it as soon as I can per Two Bills drive rules.

The poster with name thurmanator, you might not want to see Thurman's Twitter today, he might be "dead" to you too.

I think the team wants to move past the 90s stars being the face of the franchise

As great as Jim was, the greatest Bills QB no question, he still represents a team that fell short four times. And if the stories are true, we probably lost those games because he and other team members couldn't resist a party before the big game.

So while Jimbo deserves the recognition and accolades that come from being the #1 Bills alum, I'm not sure if he represents the kind of team Coach McDermott is trying to build.

I mean, everyone's opinion about this remark is going to be a reflection of how they feel about the whole kneeling issue.

However, to the broader point, it is a little odd that we keep him around like we do. Buffalo is a special, tight community compared to other teams in bigger markets, but he doesn't really have a purpose on our sideline during games.

You obviously don't pay attention to other teams around the league then because this is very common for past players to be on the sideline. They're a big part of the community, support the team, and I believe Jim is actually a team employee.

If Thurman Thomas is taking a knee and disrespecting the flag during the National Anthem he can kiss my Azz too. if I could change my screen name I would at this moment. I just changed it about a month ago, so you have to wait 6 months. I will be changing it as soon as I can per Two Bills drive rules.

Ha ha, there is SO MUCH FIRE on this board right now!!! Why not just quit watching football? Bisonbrigade started a thread today to quit his fandom. Just go watch Fox News on a Sunday afternoon instead.

Three words. HALL OF FAME

Three Words: fifteen wonderlic score

When it comes to guys like Kelly and Thurman ... here you have guys that came to Buffalo as players, fell in love with the area and now choose to call it home when they could pick anywhere in the world. So current players need to tread lightly, because their commitment to the area is likely no where near as strong. It sounds like Shady's antics went beyond a show of unity and he was rightfully criticized for it.

The best part about this post, is that Thurman sides with Hughes and shady lol.