Tre'Davious White

Mark Vader

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've said it in the shout box and will repeat here. So impressed with how the young man responded after a rough first half where he blew a couple of coverages and Denver were picking on him. He had an outstanding 2nd half of the game capping it with the pick.

The trend for McDermott drafting seniors was commented on at draft time - the response in the 2nd half yesterday was that of a mature adult not a college kid. Worth remembering as the Bills brain trust builds this team in their vision going forward.

McDermott seems to know what he wants and needs to play in his defense. Secondary has been lights out. White has future all pro written all over him. Poyer has played like an all pro. Gaines, Hyde and Johnson all impressive.

Secondary aside, there's one decision that I really questioned. Cutting gerald Hodges and starting Humber. Humber has played very well and deserves a shout out too. And the makeshift Dline we had out there seemed to do ok missing 3 of the rotation players. Even that #44 guy that I had never heard of before we signed him made a big play on the fake punt.

Crazy what good coaching can do. Hopefully McD keeps it up.

After only 3 games... The re-built secondary can hold their heads high. White seems to have the tools necessary to be a star CB and Gaines has been a great surprise along with Poyer. Gilmore and Darby have not been missed one iota.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

I've said it in the shout box and will repeat here. So impressed with how the young man responded after a rough first half where he blew a couple of coverages and Denver were picking on him. He had an outstanding 2nd half of the game capping it with the pick.

The trend for McDermott drafting seniors was commented on at draft time - the response in the 2nd half yesterday was that of a mature adult not a college kid. Worth remembering as the Bills brain trust builds this team in their vision going forward.

I think McDermott was wise to build an older team while trying to create a new culture.

Been saying it for years.........you can't bring in 20 year old 1st and 2nd round picks and expect them to lead and change the culture of the locker room..

Things got outta hand with Levy picking Whitner and Lynch........two very young, dumb, kids........and they ended up playing their best years elsewhere.

Maybin and Dareus carried on the tradition......

The most egregious though was drafting Sammy Watkins and not even having a veteran WR in place for him to learn from........the Anquan Boldin move could have paid big dividends but they decided to abort the Sammy project and that was a mistake they have already paid for in the loss column.

Thanks above for Antoine Winfield's name in posts above. Couldn't make the necessary withdrawal from my memory bank. But yeah, him, and White and Gaines - three best hitting and tackling corners I can recall in a Bills uniform going back to and including Robert James. They have a ways to go to match Winfield's lifetime achievement, but Gaines and White hit like he hit.

I love our new secondary. These guys could become a very special unit.

What a game by E.J. Gaines, he had a strong performance.

I do want to focus on Tre'Davious White. The Broncos had a target on him and they picked on him all day.

During the first half White bit a few times and got beat badly by Emanuel Sanders. As another poster said, this was White's "Welcome to the NFL game."

In the second half, White stepped up his play. He would give up some more completions, but he was right there to make the tackle.

His interception today, is probably the easiest he will ever make in the NFL, but it came at a crucial time.

White was able to finish out the game with good play and he and Gaines helped the defense a lot today.

One thing that has really impressed me with White, that I have seen on replays during these first three games, is how he will go into coverage of his receiver and he will look back at the quarterback, and that at times has caused him to knock down passes headed towards him. It's something that you don't see a lot of CB's do.

I look forward to watching White grow as a player.

Agreed we need to get Gains signed he is FA at seasons end.

To all of those claiming that Tre was repeatedly picked on in the first half and was awful but came back to play awesome in the second half, in the first quarter alone he made a great play on the first play of the game, had a terrific pass breakup, had that ferocious hit that knocked Sanders back about four feet out of bounds, made one fantastic stop on a run and had two other nice plays on runs, had two passes thrown against him that were incompletions because of good coverage and had an interference penalty that was not at all interference (it was within five yards of the line and didn't impede WR while ball was in the air). The point was he made more good plays than bad ones in the first half, too.

To all of those claiming that Tre was repeatedly picked on in the first half and was awful but came back to play awesome in the second half, in the first quarter alone he made a great play on the first play of the game, had a terrific pass breakup, had that ferocious hit that knocked Sanders back about four feet out of bounds, made one fantastic stop on a run and had two other nice plays on runs, had two passes thrown against him that were incompletions because of good coverage and had an interference penalty that was not at all interference (it was within five yards of the line and didn't impede WR while ball was in the air). The point was he made more good plays than bad ones in the first half, too.

True. It's just that the bad ones were more noticeable because the announcing crew only really seemed to mention them.

White will be playing for Pats in 3 years.

Well you can cheer for the Pats* and him at same time.

Tre is a straight baller. As are the other three new DBs. And as others have observed, I don't think we have ever had a pair of corners that hit harder. What was the good corner who couldn't catch, signed as a free agent with Minnesota and had a great career? He could really hit. I think these two are there with him, and I don't think we have had better hitters than the three of them.

Antoine Winfield who many on the wall thought he was washed up. I'd still like the Bills bring him back to be a coach of tackling technique.

I said this is another thread but the one play he made was extraordinary. He jumped the receiver as soon as the QB threw, went to deflect the pass, had his hand in position but missed it, but had his other hand and arm around the receiver, so when he did catch the ball Tre still made the tackle and and the guy just went right down without extra yards. That was a terrific play from any player let alone a rookie in his fourth game.

...had a rough 1st half last week, yet the kid rebounded and continued today...wouldn't expect a rook to bounce back so quickly......

He didn't even have a horrible first half. He gave up two or three plays, no touchdowns, and he made 2-3 good plays on passes and 2-3 nice plays on runs in the first half.

If the 2017 draft was re-chosen tonight, is there any way this guy lasts past the top 10 picks? Top 5?

interesting, I was just thinking about that. I think Deshaun Watson goes #2 to bears. Browns probably still take Myles Garrett #1. Lattimore has been really good CB in NO, I bet he still goes before white. Hard to say with guys like Trubisky, mahomes, and mike Williams not playing yet and Corey Davis being hurt much of the first 4.

If the 2017 draft was re-chosen tonight, is there any way this guy lasts past the top 10 picks? Top 5?

While Tre"Davious White was highly regarded at Louisiana State, and a lot of people had him projected to be a first round pick...White has average height and he did not have a lot of interceptions in college.

He has good coverage skills and is a sure tackler, but he wasn't always making highlight reels on ESPN with defensive touchdowns.

Had he made more interceptions, he would have been drafted higher.

Edited by Mark Vader

From Rob Quinn on Twitter:

Gilmore: 13 targets, 9 rec, 169 yd, 13 YPA, 72 YAC, TD, INT, 105.4 passer rating

Tre'Davious White: 20 tkl, 2 TFL, 8 PD (NFL-Best), INT, FR, TD

Allowed 13 rec/26 target- 162 yds, 6.2 ypa, 32 YAC, 53.7 passer rating

Look at that YAC. Gilmore allowing 8 YAC per catch (or 5.5 per target), White allowing 2.5 YAC per catch (or 1.2 per target). Gilmore sucks at tackling and White doesn't, it's that simple.

Edited by HappyDays

White is a really experienced rookie (if that makes sense). He started a zillion games in the SEC and was more of s known commodity coming out. He was a "safe" pick and I mean that in a good way. He had a very high floor. We are seeing him play GREAT football. Tre has been doing that for a while.

White is a really experienced rookie (if that makes sense). He started a zillion games in the SEC and was more of s known commodity coming out. He was a "safe" pick and I mean that in a good way. He had a very high floor. We are seeing him play GREAT football. Tre has been doing that for a while.

4 year starter, right? That's pretty rare in big programs like that. Edited by YoloinOhio