rams better than us?

nuklz2594

The Bills blow out the Tolzien Colts and 49ers. This is really not a fair argument, Buffalo would have faced 2 top 5 defenses out of their first 3 games. The Jets defense is better than Colts and 49ers as well. Lets see how they do next week vs Dallas and than the following week vs Seattle before naming Goff MVP and McVay coach of the year.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills blow out the Tolzien Colts and 49ers. This is really not a fair argument, Buffalo would have faced 2 top 5 defenses out of their first 3 games. The Jets defense is better than Colts and 49ers as well. Lets see how they do next week vs Dallas and than the following week vs Seattle before naming Goff MVP and McVay coach of the year.

Fair argument? The question is simply do you think the Rams top to bottom are better than the Bills. Obviously the teams haven't played the same opponents. Which looks better to you? I'd take the Rams.

Fair argument? The question is simply do you think the Rams top to bottom are better than the Bills. Obviously the teams haven't played the same opponents. Which looks better to you? I'd take the Rams.

This question would not be asked if they played Carolina and Denver. Their offense would not have been as productive and no one would be comparing them to each other. Thats my point..

Edited by Mat68

They have way more playmakers than us. Even guys like NRC are playmakers. They are heading in the right direction. Their secondary could use a little more talent and Aaron Donald masks some shortcomings in the LB group but they are a decent team in terms of talent.

They are what we hope to be in two years, essentially. What they become is an unknown but second year qb, lots of young talent and a lot of hope. They might flop, but that's the reality of restarting like we appear to be doing too in two years we likely have "our qb" for better or worse, a lot of high draft picks and hopefully infusing some playmakers from outside

Edited by NoSaint

The NFL is all about matchups. Out of the 3 teams that LA has faced only 1 team has a defense with a pulse and the LA got 14 points. I am not going to claim the Rams are an offensive powerhouse because they putt up number on 2 very poor teams and did close to nothing vs an average one.

This question would not be asked if they played Carolina and Denver. Their offense would not have been as productive and no one would be comparing them to each other. Thats my point..

I'm going to guess the Bills wouldn't put up 40 points twice in three weeks even with the Rams schedule. They barely broke 20 vs the Jets. The Bills haven't played DEN yet. Edited by Boatdrinks

My question has to do with the entire time Taylor has been our QB?

Well never know what we got with these WRs as long as Taylor is playing QB. Its part of the reason we let Woods go and never picked up Sammys 5th year option, and then traded him. Sammy had injury issues but the production hasnt been what we envisioned when on the field. You can say the same about Clay and Woods. With only 2 games under his belt in Buffalo I bet Matthews is under yearly his avaerage also, but that has nothing to do with Taylor right?

Woods and Watkins aren't really on a pace for much more than they did here. If you play out 16 games on their current pace this year and do the same for Buffalo its not much different.

Woods 16 games here: 63 catches 754 yards

Woods 16 games in LA: 54 catches 902 yards

Yes Woods has 9 yards extra per game there with less 9 less catches. Still not much difference

Sammy 16 games here: 73 catches 1288 yards

Sammy 16 games in LA: 69 catches 1034 yards

Less catches and less yards in LA. Still about the same. I did use Sammys 2015 season as I felt its not fair to use his hobbled 2016 season.

So people can say oh these receivers did nothing with Tyrod and look at them now with a real QB all they want to... but as of right now, they aren't doing any more with Goff than they did with Taylor.

Sure, but the Bills looked like a SuperBowl team against the 49ers last year too.

Edited by Scott7975

Woods and Watkins aren't really on a pace for much more than they did here. If you play out 16 games on their current pace this year and do the same for Buffalo its not much different.

Woods 16 games here: 63 catches 754 yards

Woods 16 games in LA: 54 catches 902 yards

Yes Woods has 9 yards extra per game there with less 9 less catches. Still not much difference

Sammy 16 games here: 73 catches 1288 yards

Sammy 16 games in LA: 69 catches 1034 yards

Less catches and less yards in LA. Still about the same. I did use Sammys 2015 season as I felt its not fair to use his hobbled 2016 season.

So people can say oh these receivers did nothing with Tyrod and look at them now with a real QB all they want to... but as of right now, they aren't doing any more with Goff than they did with Taylor.

Sure, but the Bills looked like a SuperBowl team against the 49ers last year too.

Its hard to tell after a short sample. I watched all 3 Rams games and I think that O is just getting started and Sammy and Robert will have there best seasons as Pros this year. On our end I think Mathews will have his worst and will be wanting to get the !@#$ out of town by the end of the season.

No way to know for sure so we will have to see how the season pans out.

Edited by BananaB

Its hard to tell after a short sample. I watched all 3 Rams games and I think that O is just getting started and Sammy and Robert will have there best seasons as Pros this year. On our end I think Mathews will have his worst and will be wanting to get the !@#$ out of town by the end of the season.

No way to know for sure so we will have to see how the season pans out.

Yes exactly. They had a great game out of 3. The other 2 games they didn't really do anything. Its far too early to tell what is going to happen. Too small sample size.

Edited by Scott7975

Offense yes. Defense I don't know. The rabid rhino is back with his agenda.

OBD should have left the offense alone. Did a nice job fixing the defense. or it seems so. We'll know more Sunday how good the defense really is.

I don't think the Denver game will shed more light on the status of our defense...They're not exactly the 2007 Patriots.....Their defense on the other hand....

I don't think the Denver game will shed more light on the status of our defense...They're not exactly the 2007 Patriots.....Their defense on the other hand....

Well they do currently have the best rushing attack in the NFL. Despite people wanting to put Simien in the hall of fame they only have the 20th passing attack right now.

Well they do currently have the best rushing attack in the NFL. Despite people wanting to put Simien in the hall of fame they only have the 20th passing attack right now.

I dont know about the HOF, but Siemien appears to have made a big jump from 2016. The Broncos are the closest thing to a highly functioning NFL offense the Bills D has faced yet, so it will be an indication. Fans will have a much better idea of the defense's quality after DEN , ATL games for sure .

sammy is already hurt?

Under current NFL rules if you take a shot to the head, you get evaluated and put in the concussion protocol . It's not the old NFL. Is SW more susceptible to a head shot than any other NFL player? Probably not.

yes, and so are 30 other teams.

haven't you heard, the bills suck.

this is getting to the point where it's not even worth coming to this board, nothing but a bunch of downers smearing their tears all over the place. so much crying and whining.

boo hoo!!!!!

^THIS x100000000

I dont know about the HOF, but Siemien appears to have made a big jump from 2016. The Broncos are the closest thing to a highly functioning NFL offense the Bills D has faced yet, so it will be an indication. Fans will have a much better idea of the defense's quality after DEN , ATL games for sure .

Under current NFL rules if you take a shot to the head, you get evaluated and put in the concussion protocol . It's not the old NFL. Is SW more susceptible to a head shot than any other NFL player? Probably not.

Yeah, it was just some hyperbole. I agree with the rest of what you said.

I really dont think its a question. Im much rather have a core of McVeigh, Goff, Gurley, & Watkins. That might be one of the best young cores in the nfl. The 2,000 La Rams should be very excited.

I suspect Tyrod will be gone next year and possibly McCoy. If the Bills were lucky to get a guy like Rosen, who I think is a better qb prospect than Goff, that would be a great start. It would be nice to have Sammy for him to throw to but we hate excitement.

I really dont think its a question. Im much rather have a core of McVeigh, Goff, Gurley, & Watkins. That might be one of the best young cores in the nfl. The 2,000 La Rams should be very excited.

I suspect Tyrod will be gone next year and possibly McCoy. If the Bills were lucky to get a guy like Rosen, who I think is a better qb prospect than Goff, that would be a great start. It would be nice to have Sammy for him to throw to but we hate excitement.

I don't get Gurley. I don't see it with him

But they are going to have to pay Donald and Sammy next year

Sammy a free agent after this year. Who knows where he will be next year. Sammy will go to the highest bidder...and, imho, was the reason the bills sent him on his way. (got something instead of nothing.) donald will be payed.

Sammy a free agent after this year. Who knows where he will be next year. Sammy will go to the highest bidder...and, imho, was the reason the bills sent him on his way. (got something instead of nothing.) donald will be payed.

That wasn't the reason. They could have had him 'this year and next by picking up his option. Still a reasonable cost for two seasons and a possible franchise tag after that. It was a shortsighted and foolish move on a team devoid of stars and with no huge paydays coming up to deal with.

For everyone obsessing over their cap situation the Rams project to have $62m in space in 2018 and have a number of high priced contracts (Quinn, Broeckers, Barron, Austin) all of whom have BIG cap numbers and are no longer key pieces for this regime. To get rid of those 4 would clear over $45m in additional space for a cost of about $9m in dead cap.

It comes down to Goff. If he is the guy they are set for the next decade and have another 2 years after this with him at a very reasonable price.

Their cap position is at least as good as ours if not better.

Stop trying to steal my thunder!!! I already posted that in here. I'm going to sue you for plagiarism!!!

Then again when you give up 39 points to the 49ers, I've got a feeling they are going to be on the losing end of some high scoring gaems this year

Or it's possible that you are underestimating the Niners offense this year. They have a better QB, and a pretty good offensive mind in Shanahan running things( his monumental SB flub notwithstanding). I'd conjure a guess that SF offense ends up better than the Bills this year.

Edited by Boatdrinks

Or it's possible that you are underestimating the Niners offense this year. They have a better QB, and a pretty good offensive mind in Shanahan running things( his monumental SB flub notwithstanding). I'd conjure a guess that SF offense ends up better than the Bills this year.

Or maybe its too soon tell make any real determinations?

Lets keep in mind that regardless of what is thought of TT as the qb....he his main WR targets are a. A rookie....and b. A guy that missed a ton of training camp time.......his starting LT is hurt and being replaced by a rookie that we thought was going to be the RIGHT tackle......

What does not appear to be a question (well....maybe it actually still is) our defense.....

Reserving judgement till I see a few more games

Or maybe its too soon tell make any real determinations?

Lets keep in mind that regardless of what is thought of TT as the qb....he his main WR targets are a. A rookie....and b. A guy that missed a ton of training camp time.......his starting LT is hurt and being replaced by a rookie that we thought was going to be the RIGHT tackle......

What does not appear to be a question (well....maybe it actually still is) our defense.....

Reserving judgement till I see a few more games

This offense isn't fair for either QB.

Truly it's not a great team to compare to... again, we are tearing down and they are building up. Odds are we are pretty comparable today but hope the in two years we have the limitless potential of a second year qb and a ton of weapons. Whether their qb or ours end up working out is anyone's guess but when you watch the 2017 rams, the comp point is the 2019 bills, not today's.

Unfortunately, we might be a little behind them in that we are letting the young weapons go and hoping to replace them instead of keeping the youth and adding too them like the rams did. Additionally, we likely won't get a number one pick still. Crazy to pair those two statements but feels like both are true. So our qb might not be the top guy on our board and we might have a harder time giving him that trip of WRs and a good young back so quickly.

ehh...maybe til midseason when Hoyer's limitations really catch up to him like what happened with the Browns