rams better than us?

nuklz2594

The Bills did upgrade their line to improve the run game, and to a large extent have designed the offense to Taylor's strengths. It improved the run game but not the passing game, which is no doubt why this staff has seemingly decided to remake the offense next season.

They took away what he does best. What are you talking about?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This year? They will likely have a better record because their schedule is easier. They pretty clearly have a better offense, but a worse defense and special teams.

But for the future their salary cap is in trouble. Are they going to pay Sammy elite money on top of what they're already paying for Woods? If Goff keeps this up he will command a top contract too. Throw Gurley in there. That leaves them no money left over for the defense and they won't be facing the 49ers every week. Trumaine Johnson isn't elite but he's more than serviceable and I doubt they will be able to pay him. Their defense is Aaron Donald and that's it.

We also have 6 draft picks in the top 100 next year, while they have 2. I know the "win now" crowd can't imagine actually trying to build for the future but it seems to me like the Rams have gone all in way too early.

Edited by HappyDays

This year? They will likely have a better record because their schedule is easier. They pretty clearly have a better offense, but a worse defense and special teams.

But for the future their salary cap is in trouble. Are they going to pay Sammy elite money on top of what they're already paying for Woods? If Goff keeps this up he will command a top contract too. Throw Gurley in there. That leaves them no money left over for the defense and they won't be facing the 49ers every week. Trumaine Johnson isn't elite but he's more than serviceable and I doubt they will be able to pay him. Their defense is Aaron Donald and that's it.

We also have 6 draft picks in the top 100 next year, while they have 2. I know the "win now" crowd can't imagine actually trying to build for the future but it seems to me like the Rams have gone all in way too early.

There's long term questions about the build the Rams are trying, without question. We'll see how it shakes out, but right now the Rams would beat the Bills head to head on most days.

There's long term questions about the build the Rams are trying, without question. We'll see how it shakes out, but right now the Rams would beat the Bills head to head on most days.

Neither team is winning the Super Bowl this year. I am much more concerned with what happens in 2018 and beyond than who would win in a hypothetical matchup right now. The Rams are using the Doug Whaley method of team building and I don't think it is sustainable.

Neither team is winning the Super Bowl this year. I am much more concerned with what happens in 2018 and beyond than who would win in a hypothetical matchup right now. The Rams are using the Doug Whaley method of team building and I don't think it is sustainable.

Me too in regards to the bolded. I was just answering the OP's question. :beer:

Trumaine johsnons is a UFA, Ogletree is a UFA, and Donald will hold out again for a huge raise. I don't know that they can even pay watkins let alone tag him.

I would take the Bills in this scenerio

Our defense would shut them down and their defense is bad enough for our offense to do well.

We beat them last year, and their defense was actually playing well then. Their passing game seems improved, but its a young QB and i'd expect us to nail down the run game and pressure him.

Based on last night they potentially have a franchise QB. That alone makes them better. They look outright potent on O and Wade Phillips' track record as a D.C. Speaks for itself. They could make the playoffs and with an injury here or there among the competition anything is possible.

His track record is giving up 39 points to a not so good SF team?

I believe both teams are on the rebound and are improved this year, simply by having rid themselves of awful headcoaching regimes. I'm not sure which team is better right now, but I think the Bills would match up well with the Rams, but the Rams probably have a better chance to make the playoffs because they are in a weaker division.

The panic at TBD is pretty hilarious, though. The Bills are 1-1 and have exceeded expectations on defense. People are acting like the 1985 Bears are coming to town this weekend, not a team that missed the playoffs last year and was lucky to escape at home with a 3-point win against the Chargers. Good grief.

so many people ready to crown kings based on a week 3 win over SF....

We beat the 49ers last year 45-16. With Sammy and Woods in our lineup. It is comical that Bills fans are claiming the Rams are going to be great because of this one game. Most of the same people last year were saying "it's just the 49ers."

We beat the 49ers last year 45-16. With Sammy and Woods in our lineup. It is comical that Bills fans are claiming the Rams are going to be great because of this one game. Most of the same people last year were saying "it's just the 49ers."

A lot of truth here. I'm not crowning the Rams but I do see massive improvement in their offense. They added Woods, Watkins and Kromer.