Trade Tyrod Taylor this week

sb_bound

Agreed - you can't UN-pick up his 5th year option. He's at that RG3 unplayable level now.

The could give me the Brock Oswieler deal of giving me a 2nd round pick just to take him on and i am not doing it. I want your 1st if thats the case with how bad he is.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the problem for BORTLES, the guy had pretty good rookie season, then they start messing with his mechanics. sometime you just have to go play ball. He is a more talented passer than Tyrod, plus he has mobility as well. This will still allow the bills to draft a QB, plus I would give Peterman a chance to start the season. If he is worth keeping then the quarterback situation going into next year looks better. Are we not rooting for the 2018 draft?

I have watched him since his days at Oviedo HS. (Right down the street) never understood the hype with him.

It's injury-only though. Hence he wears sweatpants the whole year.

Want TT just give me a 1st. I dont need Bortles back give me Henne instead

Hypothetical because Marrone really is an idiot if he gives up a 1st for TT

Edited by MAJBobby

That's the problem for BORTLES, the guy had pretty good rookie season, then they start messing with his mechanics. sometime you just have to go play ball. He is a more talented passer than Tyrod, plus he has mobility as well. This will still allow the bills to draft a QB, plus I would give Peterman a chance to start the season. If he is worth keeping then the quarterback situation going into next year looks better. Are we not rooting for the 2018 draft?

Bortles has never had a good season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/28/blake-bortles-is-the-king-of-garbage-time-stat-padding/

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/blake-bortles-is-the-tom-brady-of-nfl-garbage-time/

My boss lives in Jacksonville and lived their his whole life....knows many people in the area....including bar managers.

He told me that Blake Bortles parties a lot and drinks a lot. He's got a very active night life and is frequenting bars constantly.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/28/blake-bortles-is-the-king-of-garbage-time-stat-padding/

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/blake-bortles-is-the-tom-brady-of-nfl-garbage-time/

My boss lives in Jacksonville and lived their his whole life....knows many people in the area....including bar managers.

He told me that Blake Bortles parties a lot and drinks a lot. He's got a very active night life and is frequenting bars constantly.

Yes he does.

Did it at Oviedo,

No change at UCF

Still big partier

Want TT just give me a 1st. I dont need Bortles back give me Henne instead

Hypothetical because Marrone really is an idiot if he gives up a 1st for TT

Trade TT and McCoy. Start Peterman. Get the number one pick. Ends all of the arguing.

How is it that people who think Tyrod sucks believe that teams will give up high valued assets like Ramsey or a 1st round pick for him? I do not at all understand the logic.

How does Denver use a 1st on Tim Teblow. If a coach falls in love with a QB idiotic things happen

How is it that people who think Tyrod sucks believe that teams will give up high valued assets like Ramsey or a 1st round pick for him? I do not at all understand the logic.

In this offense he's terrible. In last year's offense he was serviceable. He will give a team 3k passing, 500 rushing, and not turn the ball over. If a team wants to run every play like Jacksonville then he will do the job. You can't win in the NFL like that but if they think they can then all the power to them. I want a QB that can throw for 4-5k so time to move on

Bortles is a dud who just doesn't have it. Lots of first time starting QBs look like hot stuff early on before the defenses figure them out. Bortles is one. So were Ponder, Kaepernick, Foles, and Osweiler in recent years. Mark Sanchez "led" the Jests to the AFC championship game as a rookie but he still sucked.

Taylor is at least competent. Bortles isn't even close to that.

How much is the fifth year option? can't be more than 10 million. This option, plus Peterman and a rookie QB salary would still be under 20 million for the position. Competition brings out the best

Bortles 5th year option is $19 million.

No thanks. lol

With a girlfriend like his, why would you bother doing anything but her?

Edited by Bray Wyatt

Every player needs confidence. Especially the QB. The bills really don't have much faith in Tyrod. Mean while BLAKE BORTLES, is dealing with a QB killer in Doug Marone.

Bortles and 4th to buffalo for Tyrod

Tyrod doesn't fit this west coast offense . The three step drops will not work. If you watch the bills/jags from last year, I think Bortles played well. Fresh start for both players. Bortles in three years have over 11k pass yards and 69 TD's. problem has been turnovers. Obviously Tyrod protects the ball well, would be prefect for Marone ground and pound.

Lets see...a QB who was chosen by peers to 2 Pro Bowls in 2 seasons, with an excellent TD to Turnover ratio, high QB rating, dual threat, and very good comp %...and a guy who has been a great teammate and been willing to work with the FO to prove himself when he could have not renegotiated to force an opportunity somewhere else.

For the worst starting QB in the NFL who has the worst mechanics in the NFL and is in serious jeopardy to lose his job to Henne who isn't even that good of a backup, let alone a starter? A QB who has no confidence, has been reported he's lazy on mechanics and not the student of the game he needs to be?

NO NO NO. Not saying Taylor is the answer, he still has a lot to prove himself this year, but Bortles is awful. He is very close to being done in the NFL.

Our future QB is coming in the next draft if they are not on this roster. Why is this so confusing for people?

The Jags would have to at least throw in a 2nd round pick for it to be a consideration. Tyrod is a proven solid starter, while Bortles is a mess of a project. There would have to be some major draft capital thrown in for the Bills to take him on. Also, this just doesn't seem to be a move you make once half the pre-season is over. QB's need time to learn a system and gel with the receiving core.

The Florida Times Union's Ryan O'Halloran believes "it would make perfect sense" for the Jaguars to cut Blake Bortles this summer.

1010 XL Jacksonville's Hays Carlyon had a similar suggestion Friday morning. The No. 3 overall pick in the 2014 draft, Bortles has melted down this summer, first experiencing a "tired arm" last weekend -- perhaps an excuse by coach Doug Marrone to see more of Chad Henne or not -- and then a rock-bottom preseason effort Thursday night. Bortles missed wide-open big plays, and even his completions were a chore. Bortles' 2017 salary is guaranteed, but the Jaguars can't let Bortles on the field and expose him to injury, which would guarantee his $19 million salary for 2018. Henne is the favorite to start.
Aug 18 - 11:10 AM

Bortles 5th year option is $19 million.

No thanks. lol

It's guaranteed for injury only.

The Jags would have to at least throw in a 2nd round pick for it to be a consideration. Tyrod is a proven solid starter, while Bortles is a mess of a project. There would have to be some major draft capital thrown in for the Bills to take him on. Also, this just doesn't seem to be a move you make once half the pre-season is over. QB's need time to learn a system and gel with the receiving core.

It wouldn't need to be that much. I'm taking on cap space/cash for a pick. All we pay is his base salary of like 3 million, and keep him on the 53 and never activate him.

Edited by dneveu

It's guaranteed for injury only.

It wouldn't need to be that much. I'm taking on cap space/cash for a pick. All we pay is his base salary of like 3 million, and keep him on the 53 and never activate him.

I realize that.

The poster I was responding to was talking about having Bortles (under his 5th year option), Peterman and a drafted rookie in 2018.

I'd have no real issue with taking Bortles as a salary dump for a good draft pick.

Every player needs confidence. Especially the QB. The bills really don't have much faith in Tyrod. Mean while BLAKE BORTLES, is dealing with a QB killer in Doug Marone.

Bortles and 4th to buffalo for Tyrod

Tyrod doesn't fit this west coast offense . The three step drops will not work. If you watch the bills/jags from last year, I think Bortles played well. Fresh start for both players. Bortles in three years have over 11k pass yards and 69 TD's. problem has been turnovers. Obviously Tyrod protects the ball well, would be prefect for Marone ground and pound.

Do you watch NFL Football? Bortles?