OMG...here goes....48 year old about to start dating again

I just say go to mom lol

I will wear her hats and one of her repunzel wigs but that's as far as it goes lol

CBF

Yeah but she doesn't ask you to do that...

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

women flirt with you at wegmans???? don't take offense, but how old are you???? I could never see a 45+ year old flirting at wegmans...maybe i just have my head up my ass....i wish it would happen.

This. Unfortunately for me it took time to become comfortable being single. Women pick up on that. Dated some and I just could never find anyone remotely right.

I finally reached a point where I said to myself "f it. I was alone in my marriage and this is my fate, so be it." It's one thing to say that and quite another to mean it. I meant it.

Lo and behold, not even a day after that epiphany, it started to happen. Girls at work asking what I was doing afterwards, girls at Wegmans flirting with me, and so on. Women really have a sick sense about it. I was passed the point of caring. A few months later I met the woman I've been with for the last three years. You never know.

women flirt with you at wegmans???? don't take offense, but how old are you???? I could never see a 45+ year old flirting at wegmans...maybe i just have my head up my ass....i wish it would happen.

The problem is you're breaking rules 1 and 2 of the sexual marketplace:

1. Be attractive

2. Don't be unattractive

This. Unfortunately for me it took time to become comfortable being single. Women pick up on that. Dated some and I just could never find anyone remotely right.

I finally reached a point where I said to myself "f it. I was alone in my marriage and this is my fate, so be it." It's one thing to say that and quite another to mean it. I meant it.

Lo and behold, not even a day after that epiphany, it started to happen. Girls at work asking what I was doing afterwards, girls at Wegmans flirting with me, and so on. Women really have a sick sense about it. I was passed the point of caring. A few months later I met the woman I've been with for the last three years. You never know.

Paging Dr. Gugny.

Time to wake up the gimp and revive the TBDisms thread.

I dont know if I am ready for the Doc to see my feet....:)

dude. I date waaaaaay above myself. These girls don't care.

The amount of lawyers, doctors, masters and all that I've dated is staggeringly high for a dude who left college because he was bored.

I send them pictures of me from 10 years ago. Tell them I'm 29. Invite them to drinks or dinner. Well the farm high. By the end of the night they want to see the place. And there it goes.

Lol I'm 46. Trust me that store is a goldmine if you're single.

Paging Dr. Gugny.

Time to wake up the gimp and revive the TBDisms thread.

Yes I did mean women have a "sick sense" not "sixth sense" lol

1) tinder

2) bumble

3) I'll post pics if you post pics

4) I only go after educated women. This is the polite way of saying earners. Recent one was on the board of a hospital at 31 years old until she just moved.

"I only go after"

You ever wonder why "they just move?"

Dude... You wanna get John arrested? He's 48. All he's looking for is companionship, not a 20 year gig on some sex offender list.

:-P

real advice from a serial dater

1) if this doesn't work, oh well!

2) don't put her on the pedestal

3) best thing you can do on the dating scene is get yourself a !@#$ buddy. nothing else but a !@#$ buddy. not a friend with benefits, but someone who can mutually provide you with that attention. this keeps you from feeling pressure or getting that itch should you still have a libido for being 100

4) get on tinder and bumble. tinder is for fun. bumble is a little better

5) date more than one person at a time

6) always carry an extra pair of clothes and a go bag in your vehicle so if you don't end up back at your place you can make do.

7) water, can of ravioli

8) let them split the bill. NO SERIOUSLY. LET THEM SPLIT THE BILL. If you're going on dates often enough you're going to be spending at least $40/girl. $40 a girl and 3-4 dates a week adds up. They're dating, too. They should realize this and be courteous. SPLIT THE BILL.

9) not calling you out but sort of am. youre a nice guy. i'm not. if a girl asks me out or shows interest i flat out tell them the first and some times even all the drinks are on them if i am getting dinner.

10) dont go get dinner. get drinks. start with drinks. if things are cool get an appetizer. if things go well from there and you want to lay the real moves out - invite her to eat. but somewhere else. somewhere more low key. your favorite hole in the wall bbq place, mexican place, etc. (this is also good because it can forever be your place with her should you see them again - oh, and either know the staff enoguh to know they won't blow your cover if you keep going back iwth other girls or find new places)

11) always have plan b, c and d and what you're going to do after each. example

a) meet for drinks at her place before you are supposed to go see a concert - go to the concert and afterwards go to steak and shake and get a milkshake / go buy hungry hungry hippos and play in the parking lot / go to an arboretum

b) going out and dressing nicely, spend more then 2 hours and talking up your business/favorite park/kayaking/rock climbing/etc and just let her drop the cues she's down to leave and check it out. this is where your spare clothes come in. offer to driver her home or follow her to change, grab her dog and go to xyz

c) ask her to your place and cook something. have it nearly 100% pre made if at all possible. make it something easy yet tasty. dont' get cute. no music. no music at all. after dinner suggest a simple walk around the neighborhood. wouldn't ya know it, your local bar is there and by george, you have never been in there a million times and never walked in. so, walk in and there ya go - she just did something new with you.

12) just be yourself. be confident. make decisions. don't back down.

13) at the end of the night when it is debatable to kiss don't mention kissing. don't ever mention sex to a girl, in fact. make the moves and read her signs and she'll let you know. but when its time to kiss she'll ook at your lips a few times.

hints

if she makes physical contact with you at all - good sign

if she makes a lot of contact with you - great - including playful punching (use humor. just say "pineapple" and she'll be like what. say you decided that needs to be the safeword if she is goign to keep hitting you)

if she offers to pay, let her. simply ask if she is sure, if she says yes, let her do it. tell her if she's lucky you'll let her see you again and you'll buy her dinner next time. and that you hope she likes arby's curly fries. ladies love thos things.

open the door for her. its a great time to look at her ass. up stairs too

pull her seat out but don't be a kitty.

be assertive but old school. it goes a long way. and when she says she can do it for herself - just say it was not the way you were raised and leave it at that. it is likely bothering her at this point

do this about 5 years

it's weird. i have girls hit on me as cashiers all over the place. when i was younger it was fun, i would prefer target and food lions and certain stores at certain times because i knew when the certain demographic was working. i was very good at it.

i have some game still at it, if you'd like some tips...?

If you get nervous, just think about Tyrod Taylor. And if things go really well and you get back to her place and start experiencing a little stage fright, just think of Tyrod Taylor.

And if you go back to her place and things go really well and you don't want it to be over too quickly......think of Tyrod Taylor.

Prop bets on John's date:

O/U Doors opened 1.5

Will they hold hands?

Yes (+300)

No (- 350)

How will the date end?

Hug (even)

Kiss on cheek (+150)

Handshake (+250)

Wave (+400)

Kiss on the lips (+500)

Sex (+1000)

O/U Tyrod mentions (2.5)

2nd date

Yes (-250)

No (+300)

First one to talk about their kids

John (+150)

John's date (-150)

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I'll take the over on tyrod mentions.

Think that I'm going:

-under (they will arrive at different times. It will depend on whether or not you exit through 1 door or 2)

- no on hand holding

- kiss on the cheek

- over Tyrod mentions

- Yes on 2nd date

- John first to talk about the kids

Then I'm betting a 6-team parlay: under door opens, no hand holding, cheek kiss, over TT mentions, 2nd date and John talking about his kids for $5.

I must be shopping at the wrong wegmans

oh yeah. wegmans are know to be pick up joints. especially the one on east ave in rochester. i have a friend that met her husband there actually. i went to a wegmans earlier in the morning a few weeks ago when all of the old people shop. it was incredible how frisky the suckers were.

oh yeah. wegmans are know to be pick up joints. especially the one on east ave in rochester. i have a friend that met her husband there actually. i went to a wegmans earlier in the morning a few weeks ago when all of the old people shop. it was incredible how frisky the suckers were.

those cashier's there in bport always flirt with me. I'm older and not as built as I was but I did well last year. If I ever go up solo for a game I'm going to wegmans for a date

Prop bets on John's date:

O/U Doors opened 1.5

Will they hold hands?

Yes (+300)

No (- 350)

How will the date end?

Hug (even)

Kiss on cheek (+150)

Handshake (+250)

Wave (+400)

Kiss on the lips (+500)

Sex (+1000)

O/U Tyrod mentions (2.5)

2nd date

Yes (-250)

No (+300)

First one to talk about their kids

John (+150)

John's date (-150)

No

Hug

One Tyrod mention (so under)

Yes to 2nd date

John

Seriously, good luck John. Don't ever sell yourself short. You served your country and have worked your way up the ranks at your present job. You sound like a very honorable person that brings a lot to the table and most importantly, you are a Bills fan!

When the German's attacked Pearl Harbor was it over....HELL NO!! Now go on that date and most importantly, have FUN!!

those cashier's there in bport always flirt with me. I'm older and not as built as I was but I did well last year. If I ever go up solo for a game I'm going to wegmans for a date

i don't know what it is about the magic of wegmans that creates the sparks, but something there just works. i've never been in the bport one, but the wegmans on east ave has the younger crowd, and the pittsford and perinton wegmans have the hot moms. i've found each one has it's own vibe.

And particularly not from a football message board.

And even more particularly not from a Buffalo Bills message board. What kind of loser even visits such a place?

i don't know what it is about the magic of wegmans that creates the sparks, but something there just works. i've never been in the bport one, but the wegmans on east ave has the younger crowd, and the pittsford and perinton wegmans have the hot moms. i've found each one has it's own vibe.

Penfield was amazing

No that was gonna happen last night after she got off work (in surgery all day so who knows when that was)

Oh well.....if it happens it happens.....not gonna fret

That's the best approach. Don't panic. Wait for her to contact you, John. Last thing you want is to appear desperate or needy, and scare away a beautiful baby. Just chillax, man.