OMG...here goes....48 year old about to start dating again

Enjoy it. Don't put so much pressure on yourself. It's supposed to be fun and exciting, so treat it that way. Be yourself (hopefully that's a good thing haha) and have a few drinks to settle the nerves.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If she is in the medical field, half the work is already done for you. Bring up the human anatomy as often as possible. Talk about how kids made fun of you for your large hands, feet, and ears, even if its not true.

Try to work words like 'donkey' and 'enormous' into the conversation whenever possible.

You can also fake a choking fit, knowing that she'll perform the heimlic, drawing in physical contact. It wouldnt be the worst thing in the world to be in full arousal at this point, too, giving her a glimpse into her future.

I guarantee you she'll be thinking about a second date after this.

As everyone else points out, just be yourself. It's natural to feel a little uncomfortable. Just know that regardless of how this first date turns out, it's good practice. Good job on getting fully back into life. Your kids are right!

It's not a fantasy at all, but I understand it scares some people. Why, I don't know. Especially for those who already have a family.

Im not really scared of being alone shoot I have been doing that the last 5 years WHILE I was married......just didnt want to create turmoil for my youngest kid as I got them out of the nest (which ended up being a mistake.....I think I hurt my kids more by keeping it together because they couldnt stand what their mom had become)

Just for clarification.....I am not already planning my wedding vows or anything......but hey....is it a bad thing that I like sex? But at the same time just too "old school" in my ways.

Its interesting because before I was married? I was one of the biggest man whore's you would ever see.......I set some kind of record on visits to my dorm room on valentines day one year or something (as am older now I say I am not proud of this....I just didnt really care about other peoples feelings at that time.....people grow up....I grew up)

But when you have been in a marrage for as long as I was (like 20 years) and then a large chunk of that your not even close to the person you ARE married to.....the thought of a completely unknown person and talking about "stuff" is pretty scary to me.

Im gonna do it though....its ice I need to break

Be yourself, don't put on any show about what a great guy you are, cause we know you aren't. And remember, if it all works out, you'll have a sugar momma.

Be yourself???? That's what got him into this whole f@#$ing mess in the first place.

I DO NOT recommend that he be himself in the presence of a woman under any circumstances. Do that s@#$ on your own time!!

You may want to pay attention yourself, Jack.

:beer: This is good news, John!

Everyone's giving you good advice (well... most are). Just relax and keep it loose and you'll be fine. You're a good person and that's obvious to everyone who meets you. Kirby and Rob gave some of the best advice so far: just have confidence in yourself and that will make everything else more fun for both of you.

Just have fun with it. If it works out, GREAT. If it doesn't, you'll at least have a fun story to share back here. :beer:

Be yourself???? That's what got him into this whole f@#$ing mess in the first place.

I DO NOT recommend that he be himself in the presence of a woman under any circumstances. Do that s@#$ on your own time!!

You may want to pay attention yourself, Jack.

It worked for me.