OMG...here goes....48 year old about to start dating again

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not really scared of being alone shoot I have been doing that the last 5 years WHILE I was married......just didnt want to create turmoil for my youngest kid as I got them out of the nest (which ended up being a mistake.....I think I hurt my kids more by keeping it together because they couldnt stand what their mom had become)

Just for clarification.....I am not already planning my wedding vows or anything......but hey....is it a bad thing that I like sex? But at the same time just too "old school" in my ways.

Its interesting because before I was married? I was one of the biggest man whore's you would ever see.......I set some kind of record on visits to my dorm room on valentines day one year or something (as am older now I say I am not proud of this....I just didnt really care about other peoples feelings at that time.....people grow up....I grew up)

But when you have been in a marrage for as long as I was (like 20 years) and then a large chunk of that your not even close to the person you ARE married to.....the thought of a completely unknown person and talking about "stuff" is pretty scary to me.

Im gonna do it though....its ice I need to break

I respect that.

Personally, I know I wouldn't put my heart into another relationship, so I wouldn't even bother. I'd do Tinder and be straight up about it. Not looking for anything serious.

first....you need to stop identifying her by what she does......you are already lowering yourself in your own mind...who f***ing cares if she's a doctor or a bus driver, who cares if you make more money or she makes more money. she's a female and you can't base what she does on who she is or what her value is.

I dont know if I am ready for the Doc to see my feet.... :)

first....you need to stop identifying her by what she does......you are already lowering yourself in your own mind...who f***ing cares if she's a doctor or a bus driver, who cares if you make more money or she makes more money. she's a female and you can't base what she does on who she is or what her value is.

Truth

Thats good advice....I mean her seeing my feet would mean that I might be naked...:)

Plus...my feet are gross

Exactly!! Shes just a female. At best, her worth is about 80 cents on the dollar relative to a man.

i stand by my oft stated opinion that you need to be comfortable being single before you can be successful in dating. I may go overboard with that opinion, but it works for me. If you are looking just for physical 'relationships' have at it all you want.

This. Unfortunately for me it took time to become comfortable being single. Women pick up on that. Dated some and I just could never find anyone remotely right.

I finally reached a point where I said to myself "f it. I was alone in my marriage and this is my fate, so be it." It's one thing to say that and quite another to mean it. I meant it.

Lo and behold, not even a day after that epiphany, it started to happen. Girls at work asking what I was doing afterwards, girls at Wegmans flirting with me, and so on. Women really have a sick sense about it. I was passed the point of caring. A few months later I met the woman I've been with for the last three years. You never know.