OMG...here goes....48 year old about to start dating again

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

!@#$ing christ, i may be off the market for the first time in a long time here shortly.

Hey start your own damn thread....this is about my disaster of a love life

Got ghosted twice by the Dr. lady (isnt it interesting that if you give someone long enough they will show you WHY they are still single?)

Had had like 2 dates since then....

- The first one.....thought everything was going great...nice dinner....shared a lot about each other.....tried to hug her good night when I walked her to her car.....found out the next day she didnt like the "intimate contact" (Im like WTF I hug everybody)

- 2nd one....nice girl....ongoing...didnt mind being hugged

Castration?

Prison? Priesthood?

why not all 3

but nah, prison was a B word the first time - priesthood only lasted a while - and castration just ain't happening [again]

Hey start your own damn thread....this is about my disaster of a love life

Got ghosted twice by the Dr. lady (isnt it interesting that if you give someone long enough they will show you WHY they are still single?)

Had had like 2 dates since then....

- The first one.....thought everything was going great...nice dinner....shared a lot about each other.....tried to hug her good night when I walked her to her car.....found out the next day she didnt like the "intimate contact" (Im like WTF I hug everybody)

- 2nd one....nice girl....ongoing...didnt mind being hugged

what the hell is didn't mind being hugged man? who cares? don't hug the girls and if you do, give them a side hug when you first meet them. avoid contact at all costs until they initiate it and then only sparsely

why not all 3

but nah, prison was a B word the first time - priesthood only lasted a while - and castration just ain't happening [again]

what the hell is didn't mind being hugged man? who cares? don't hug the girls and if you do, give them a side hug when you first meet them. avoid contact at all costs until they initiate it and then only sparsely

Im just saying I dont understand the game anymore

Like date 1...we spent like 2 hours at dinner just talking....thought we made a connection then when I walked her to her car it was like I had the plague or something

When im talking about a hug that is exactly what it is....just a side hug not the pick them up off the ground and drag them back to my cave hug.

Anyways....I dont know everyone is different...date 2 initiated....date one ran like I was the devil.

Im not THAT ugly

Prison? Priesthood?

I'm guessing his goat just turned 3...which is 21 in goat years.

not the pick them up off the ground and drag them back to my cave hug.

4th date?

Do you drive a van with no windows?

Edited by 4merper4mer

the game f***ins sucks. Not even sure if it is worth playing anymore. They should merge this thread and the how much do you spend on alcohol, for me it is a very elastic relationship

Like date 1...we spent like 2 hours at dinner just talking....thought we made a connection then when I walked her to her car it was like I had the plague or something

When im talking about a hug that is exactly what it is....just a side hug not the pick them up off the ground and drag them back to my cave hug.

Anyways....I dont know everyone is different...date 2 initiated....date one ran like I was the devil.

Im not THAT ugly

Edited by The Poojer

the game f***ins sucks. Not even sure if it is worth playing anymore. They should merge this thread and the how much do you spend on alcohol, for me it is a very elastic relationship

YES. This times 100000.

The past 8 days have proven this to me. 39 and out of the game for 19 years provides a weird new experience when trying to get back IN the game.

YES. This times 100000.

The past 8 days have proven this to me. 39 and out of the game for 19 years provides a weird new experience when trying to get back IN the game.

As a man, you're in the prime of your life (assuming the former ball and chain didn't completely fleece you in the split). You'll be alright, just get out there and get a feel for what it's like now.

YES. This times 100000.

Do you have an unmarked van and a "pick them up off the ground and drag them back to your cave" hug?

Im not THAT ugly

I feel sorry for guys trying to date in this day and age.

Wifey's 3 younger sisters are all good looking - and also have 7 divorces among them.

They change their opinions on men almost daily and reject them based on the most minuscule of flaws.

Wifey's 3 younger sisters are all good looking - and also have 7 divorces among them.

They change their opinions on men almost daily and reject them based on the most minuscule of flaws.

Maybe they are rejected not on minuscule flaws, but on minuscule something elses.

As a man, you're in the prime of your life (assuming the former ball and chain didn't completely fleece you in the split). You'll be alright, just get out there and get a feel for what it's like now.

I know, it's early and I am struggling finding the open receivers over the middle. Gotta keep working at it.

Do you have an unmarked van and a "pick them up off the ground and drag them back to your cave" hug?

It's a CR-V with a built-in picnic table. Does that count?

Edited by Seasons1992

it's dudes like me who ruined the game though

Poojer still would.

Man I think after reading this that I hate being back in the game lol. Sorta lucky I guess. But the whole starting over and initiating things........women nowadays would rather be treated bad, ignored etc.........they want to a chase.

I need to take up a dear Abby thread here.

But then again, I've never been in a monogamous relationship.

I need to take up a dear Abby thread here.

But then again, I've never been in a monogamous relationship.

Dear Jebby,

I'm in a committed relationship, but my farmer friend is a man whore. He hints at all his exploits but won't share the intimate details, and pictures. I'd like to know more so I can feel like I'm young again, like when I was dating that 18 year old when I was 43. What should I do?

Dear Jebby,

I'm in a committed relationship, but my farmer friend is a man whore. He hints at all his exploits but won't share the intimate details, and pictures. I'd like to know more so I can feel like I'm young again, like when I was dating that 18 year old when I was 43. What should I do?

see him in a month when your potential bride is not around not the date he will be bringing and strike up a conversation or just tell him you'd like updates to his latest adventures.

My theory is that you should always go for the goodnight kiss if you're interested. I see no reason not to.

If she's with it you just took the next step. If not you've lost nothing. At least she knows you're man enough to go for it. If she's put off by it to the point of it negatively affecting the relationship it wasn't going to happen anyway.

And taking rejection unfazed with a sly smile is about as attractive as anything you can do. It's a lot more attractive than an awkward side hug.