OMG...here goes....48 year old about to start dating again

1) tinder

2) bumble

3) I'll post pics if you post pics

4) I only go after educated women. This is the polite way of saying earners. Recent one was on the board of a hospital at 31 years old until she just moved.

Edited by Boyst62

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Confidence is key. Trust me. Nothing turns a woman off more quickly than a guy who isn't sure of himself and comfortable in his own skin.

And by the way, confident doesn't mean cocky.

Chivalry also isn't dead. Pull out her chair, open the door, let her order first...you know, all of the gentlemanly stuff. I'm sure you'll do fine.

Don't marry the first girl you date. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't do it at all. He's already been married!

Am I the only sane one here?!

Oh I agree. My gf and I have a son and trying for the second. No talk of marriage. It's funny cause people ask here and there why we aren't and they have no response when i ask them if the rings guarantee they will be together forever?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i stand by my oft stated opinion that you need to be comfortable being single before you can be successful in dating. I may go overboard with that opinion, but it works for me. If you are looking just for physical 'relationships' have at it all you want.

i stand by my oft stated opinion that you need to be comfortable being single before you can be successful in dating. I may go overboard with that opinion, but it works for me. If you are looking just for physical 'relationships' have at it all you want.

I waited two years after splitting, and i'm glad i did.

Just from your posts here...you are a good man and a great father. Don't be uptight or nervous. First dates are actually great because there's so much to talk about...her life, your life..family..interests...what you do for fun.....if you ending up laughing and smiling a lot its usually a good sign. BTW, get football out of the way early. If she happens to be a Pats fan...politely say-- "ma'am I am so sorry but I think my house is on fire..I will call you in a few weeks"

You'll do fine John, so just relax.

As for advice, you've gotten plenty of good stuff here. I'll toss in my 1 cent...

In my experience, no one single thing endears a man to others as much as the ability to listen. I've learned that connecting with others--especially women--is a matter of asking questions that I sincerely want to know the answer to, and then actively listening.

Most of all though, have fun. You're getting a brand new start and I hope you enjoy making the most of it.

Look at it this way - worst case scenario you get to have a meal with someone who wanted to have a meal with you and some pleasant conversation. That by itself is worth getting out of the house for, even if it doesn't go anywhere else. It's no big deal, so have fun and be sure to report back with pics.