Favorite football related movie

No love for Steamin' Willie Beamon and Any Given Sunday?

From a character standpoint it included story lines that rang true on ownership, coaches, aging vets, marquee players and the medical staff.

And Jim Brown gave it an extra measure of credibility.

Compared to baseball movies, a great number of football movies are lacking. I'd say Friday Night Lights was the most well done and thought provoking. Rudy and Brian's Song were both great but a little too schmaltzy to take the top spot.

I thought "Invincible" with Mark Walberg was a very good flick, as was "We Are Marshall."

The older stuff, "North Dallas Forty," "Brian's Song" were great flicks as well.

It's easier to point out the crappy ones, like "Rudy" and "Any Given Sunday." What ridiculous films.

I just saw 'remember the titans' on Tv again the other night and was reminded at how solid that movie was. Not my favorite, but very solid.

Great sound track in that movie as well. Ronnie Sunshine Bass! Real life character. Also Any Given Sunday is a solid choice.

Though technically not a "football movie", one of my favorite films of all-time is Barry Levinson's "Diner". It is set in late 1950's Baltimore, and there is a pretty funny football side-story in it. It involves one of the main characters, and obsessive Colts fan, having cold feet about getting married. He decides that his finance must pass a Colts trivia test, in order to proceed with the nuptials. Spoiler Alert: she passes, but then has to suffer through a Colts themed wedding!

Though technically not a "football movie", one of my favorite films of all-time is Barry Levinson's "Diner". It is set in late 1950's Baltimore, and there is a pretty funny football side-story in it. It involves one of the main characters, and obsessive Colts fan, having cold feet about getting married. He decides that his finance must pass a Colts trivia test, in order to proceed with the nuptials. Spoiler Alert: she passes, but then has to suffer through a Colts themed wedding!

That was one one of the funniest scenes ever. Diner is a great flick.

Great sound track in that movie as well. Ronnie Sunshine Bass! Real life character. Also Any Given Sunday is a solid choice.

Agreed! I own that soundtrack-- the score is terrific.

I find Pacino to be a bit too obnoxious in "any given Sunday." Also the male nudity is a bit much to take in that one.