New LA Stadium Won't Be Ready Until 2020

Boy are the Chargers dumb

They were in a tough spot. Either commit to SD, and play in a dump... or move right then and there and eventually get to make more money.

Til 2020 though... oof. Leasing a soccer stadium? 27000 Seats? Yikes. Only prayer that they have right now is that they're very likely to be much better than the rams. Gives them a shot to poach some fans.

Also - its a 2 hour drive from SD, so i think as much as those fans are POed, a lot will still go to the games.

When i lived in rochester i still went to games, and i know season ticket holders who live there too.

I'm not surprised. I was in Inglewood last year, and it looked like they had barely broke ground yet.

They are also going to have to make that area a lot more attractive.

Yeah it has been a year and all they have done is move dirt and now started driving a few pilings. Something must be slowing them.

Also - its a 2 hour drive from SD, so i think as much as those fans are POed, a lot will still go to the games.

When i lived in rochester i still went to games, and i know season ticket holders who live there too.

If they think like most Bills fans who loudly refused to support Bills if they moved to Toronto....they will not get too many roadtrippers.

I get the Rochester talk in ref to distance, however, Rochester comparison is apples to oranges. There was never a team in Rochester that then moved and forced fans to consider supporting them in another city with different name 2 hrs away.

Edited by cba fan

Yes we had rain but not enough to delay this project one full year. Rivers will never play in this stadium and to now have to play in a 27k soccer stadium will kill the Charger organization.

Maybe they should call the Rose Bowl

They were in a tough spot. Either commit to SD, and play in a dump... or move right then and there and eventually get to make more money.

Til 2020 though... oof. Leasing a soccer stadium? 27000 Seats? Yikes. Only prayer that they have right now is that they're very likely to be much better than the rams. Gives them a shot to poach some fans.

Rochester to Buffalo is always a two hour drive. San Diego to L.A. could be three to four hours much of the time. One or two fender benders on the 5, 10, 15, 105, 110, 405, 605, 805, etc. with 10,000,000 people in the region always slows that drive down. I have tickets for the Bills vs. Chargers game and I rented a hotel for Sat. night because of the traffic. As of now, 2:48pm Pac Time it's 3:05 one way and 2:53 back. And rush hour hasn't totally kicked in. Granted games are on Sunday, so who knows! But it's not Roch to Buff.

City of Pasadena would never approve it. Only the Bruins can play there.

Why?

Aside from the Rose Bowl Game & UCLA football, is the Rose Bowl used for other events?

Is the city of Pasadena too civilized for NFL fans?

I flew over this last week, definitely looked like a dirt hole with some pilings - I was going to snap a pic, but I kinda realized what I was flying over a little too late!

Where does one get tickets for the Bills game this year? When I click on single game tickets it takes me to the page to sign up for season tickets in LA (thanks, I'm good)...

(edit)

Guess this line explains it:

"It is not anticipated there will be any single game inventory available for the 2017 season, however, the best opportunity to secure tickets for future seasons will be to join the Chargers Wait List by clicking here."

Edited by Heitz

I flew over this last week, definitely looked like a dirt hole with some pilings - I was going to snap a pic, but I kinda realized what I was flying over a little too late!

Where does one get tickets for the Bills game this year? When I click on single game tickets it takes me to the page to sign up for season tickets in LA (thanks, I'm good)...

(edit)

Guess this line explains it:

"It is not anticipated there will be any single game inventory available for the 2017 season, however, the best opportunity to secure tickets for future seasons will be to join the Chargers Wait List by clicking here."

You'll have to try all the other websites where people are selling their tickets.

Rochester to Buffalo is always a two hour drive. San Diego to L.A. could be three to four hours much of the time. One or two fender benders on the 5, 10, 15, 105, 110, 405, 605, 805, etc. with 10,000,000 people in the region always slows that drive down. I have tickets for the Bills vs. Chargers game and I rented a hotel for Sat. night because of the traffic. As of now, 2:48pm Pac Time it's 3:05 one way and 2:53 back. And rush hour hasn't totally kicked in. Granted games are on Sunday, so who knows! But it's not Roch to Buff.

Did Key Bank Center to Henrietta in 1 hour 10 minutes this February and I wasn't even trying very hard. There is nothing in Buffalo that even compares a little bit to the traffic in SoCal or even to something like I-95 on a Friday afternoon anywhere between NY and Quantico, VA

Yes we had rain but not enough to delay this project one full year. Rivers will never play in this stadium and to now have to play in a 27k soccer stadium will kill the Charger organization.

Philip Rivers played in a 70k football stadium for 13yrs and pooped the bed year after year. Maybe 27k will be better for him.

Why?

Aside from the Rose Bowl Game & UCLA football, is the Rose Bowl used for other events?

Is the city of Pasadena too civilized for NFL fans?

I think U2 performed there tonight. and yes, Pasadena can be pretty snooty. They buy a house a block from a legendary stadium and then try to block it from having events because they don't like the traffic.

Did Key Bank Center to Henrietta in 1 hour 10 minutes this February and I wasn't even trying very hard. There is nothing in Buffalo that even compares a little bit to the traffic in SoCal or even to something like I-95 on a Friday afternoon anywhere between NY and Quantico, VA

i live on the most eastern side of rochester, and it takes me 90 mins max to get to buffalo. we really are lucky to have our version of "rush hour". at it's worst, you might be caught for 40 mins to an hour, and that's once every blue moon.

I think U2 performed there tonight. and yes, Pasadena can be pretty snooty. They buy a house a block from a legendary stadium and then try to block it from having events because they don't like the traffic.

That explains it.

The houses preceded the Bowl. The original deal was for a once-a-year football game. Took a major effort to get approval for UCLA to play there. Every event is a battle and a headache.

I'm guessing that the attendance in LA will be good for a few years while 25 million people take turns going to see the new Stadium. After that....we'll see.

That means just in time for when the Rams will be playing to half empty stadiums by that point, hahaha

• 1 month later...
Per ESPN.com's Darren Rovell, the Rams and Chargers will each pay $645 million over a period of 10 years from 2019 to 2028, and the Raiders will pay a total of $378 million over 10 years starting with the year they move to Las Vegas.

Rovell noted that each of the teams' relocation fees are based on the projected increase in franchise value.

Between the three teams' relocation fees, each of the NFL's 29 other teams will receive a total sum of $55.2 million.

I just flew into LAX last week and was amazed at how little has been done. You can see a double row of concrete columns that definitely form the classic oval shape of the lower bowl but that's about it. They have a long long long way to go!

I was also amazed that the darn thing was right under the plane! It's going to be interesting during games since planes land at LAX probably every five minutes or so.