GM Doug Whaley has been fired

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chance they can be convinced that their lacrosse team(Buffalo Bandits) is where they need to focus the most, and leave the Bills and the Sabres to someone else?

Good idea, move Russ from the Bills to the Bandits.

You are right, my mistake. I do think he was fired at the same time as Ryan, what other explanation is there for the last four months?

That Terry Pegula is a glad-handing, backstabbing, lying sack of ****?

Wonder how long we have to wait before a hire? Obviously they were planning this move, if the Carolina Asst. GM is the man, let's get him on board and leggo...

I'm honestly surprised they aren't holding steady through another day or two for udfa

And if they hire the Carolina guy IMMEDIATELY with the rumors of them being in contact with draft info, that's a bad look. You almost have to do full interviews now, right? (They should anyway but especially now)

Pegula's jackassery over the last few years is precisely why this team has been substandard

On this issue I will agree with you. The owner made some stupendous mistakes. The Rex hire set this franchise back by years. But the issues plaguing this organization have been going on for a long time pre-dating the Pegula era. What I can say positively about Pegula is when he makes a mistake he comes back and addresses it.

None of that has anything to do with the section of your post I quoted that was complete bunk

Simon: I'm speaking for myself here, but Whaley lost me on Tyrod, who I like as both a player and competitor. What do you think of Taylor, and what do you think of Whaley's own views on the qb position? I think it's pretty clear beyond all doubt now that he was the biggest backer of Manuel in the NFL. That last game against the Jets must have horrible for Whaley, and I seriously felt bad for him because Manuel is not unlikable. In any event, I thought his jacking around of Taylor near the end of last season was mystifyingly wrongheaded.

Edit: I take your point about the backstabbing/lying.

Edited by dave mcbride

No man adam schefter is wrong. Because I have been reading on this board "insiders" telling me otherwise. Thats why I dont believe message board insiders. Everyone could have seen this from a mile away. Gms arent relieved of their speaking duties because owners love you.

No doubt about it... except maybe Leroi, but he may not be returning now.

On this issue I will agree with you. The owner made some stupendous mistakes. The Rex hire set this franchise back by years. But the issues plaguing this organization have been going on for a long time pre-dating the Pegula era. What I can say positively about Pegula is when he makes a mistake he comes back and addresses it.

Bar set pretty low again

@OptimumScouting: I've been told Whaley was maybe the ONLY person in #Bills scouting/coaching staff that didn't value Tyrod as QB. Every coach/scout loved him

Did Whaley end his Bills career by treating EJ Manuel like a better player than Tyrod Taylor? Sure seems like it.

Well, then those scouts that loved TT should watch some NFL games where teams have QBs that throw with timing and anticipation and use the full field.

I appreciate Taylor's effort and that he is the best QB that the Bills have had in a long while, but that doesn't mean that he is even in the top 1/2 of the league as a passer. MAYBE he can improve his passing - if so then you have something, but if this report is accurate, Whaley was not wrong in his lack of belief in Taylor.

Side note: I was wine tasting in Sonoma yesterday at a place called Imagery. One of the guys behind the counter sees my Bills hat and asks if I know who Doug Whaley is. I say "yes, he's our incompetent general manager". Turns out the guy knows him and is good friends with him. Showed me some texts about the draft with him and that he was feeling good about it.

Of course I felt bad at the time that I called him incompetent. Now? Not really sure.

It's all good.

"come back and addresses it" doesn't cut it. How about "comes back, LEARNS FROM HIS MISTAKES, and gets it right!".