Mike Mayock's only mock draft...

eball

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be happy with Foster. He will improve the defense and it's a position that we need to fill. An important position in the defense.

The Bills will have good insight from Ragland on Foster and his character. They payed together side by side on that Alabama Defense. And Ragland seems to be a good guy. I trust McDermott will do the right thing.

Foster has had concussion problems, so with his style of play you can never count on having him from game to game due to the concussion protocol in the NFL.

They would be fools to pass on both Watson and Mahomes. Both guys are going to become franchise QBs and you'd eventually be adding them to the list of QBs that got away like Rodgers, Wilson, Carr, Prescott.

Time to take another shot at the most important position.

Before the injury, Bridgewater was looking great. Last pick of Rd.1. Could have been a Bill but we doubled down on Sammy. Just saying we never see a F QB in the draft - other teams seem to.

His numbers in 29 starts are not as good as Tyrod's in his first 29. Not sure how he would have been an upgrade, even without the injury. And how are you suggesting the Bills should have acquired him?

Guest NeckBeard

Before the injury, Bridgewater was looking great. Last pick of Rd.1. Could have been a Bill but we doubled down on Sammy. Just saying we never see a F QB in the draft - other teams seem to.

The Bills certainly draft QBs, but have also shown a propensity for being really bad at it. I was not yet born during the team runs of the 1960s. I did get a healthy dose of Fergie (didn't like him that much), QBs after Fergie, Kelly of course, and the cabal of drafted QBs after that.

I think that the Bills have perpetually suffered from ownership and FO issues, and a lack of continuity at the HC position (mostly due to horrible hires: see also FO issues), and this has lead to a huge number of terrible drafts, terrible systems, and perpetual change. All of these factors have lead to guys like, man, I can't even bring myself to mention them by name, being under center.

I like the McD hire, because it seems like that kind of hire that could be good for a change. Operative word here is "could". I don't purport to have a crystal ball. I hope they draft a guy this year, and that the org hitches their wagon to him, develops him, cuddles him, nurtures him, all of that jazz.

So ridiculous.

Didn't he go at #30 or something like that. If the Bills had selected him with our original pick people would have had the torches and pitchforks but in retrospect it would have been brilliant. How about if we picked him, he started to show promise and got the same injury? Torches and pitchforks again.

Ask 32 NFL GMs right now if they could add Sammy or Teddy to their roster. Who do you think they would take?

Foster has had concussion problems, so with his style of play you can never count on having him from game to game due to the concussion protocol in the NFL.

They would be fools to pass on both Watson and Mahomes. Both guys are going to become franchise QBs and you'd eventually be adding them to the list of QBs that got away like Rodgers, Wilson, Carr, Prescott.

Time to take another shot at the most important position.

These threads are getting predictable

A shot at the proposed pick followed by "we must draft a qb"

So ridiculous.

Didn't he go at #30 or something like that. If the Bills had selected him with our original pick people would have had the torches and pitchforks but in retrospect it would have been brilliant. How about if we picked him, he started to show promise and got the same injury? Torches and pitchforks again.

Ask 32 NFL GMs right now if they could add Sammy or Teddy to their roster. Who do you think they would take?

Right now yes. Before the injury? Different story. Besides you're getting sidetracked. The statement I reacted to was that there are "no franchise QB's in this draft. My point is we always hear that from the Bills and then see Russell Wilson and Dak, etc start and win for other teams. That's the point. Debate Bridgewater all you want. (I'd take a healthy Bridgewater over TT any day.) If you don't draft QB's you'll never get one.

Seriously? You would have to drink a sh*t ton to come up like that. The only reason people do so is to mask something, try to clear the system out. If you buy that he's guzzling gallons of water to avoid the dehydration then I got some ocean front property in Montana for sale.

Not really. My ex wife missed out on a job because of a diluted sample and she was totally clean. "Failing" for that is bs.

His numbers in 29 starts are not as good as Tyrod's in his first 29. Not sure how he would have been an upgrade, even without the injury. And how are you suggesting the Bills should have acquired him?

I'm suggesting the Bills should just draft a damn QB instead of passing over quality starters that other teams pick up after we pass the over because they are not franchise QB's by our FO's estimation. We'll see what the coach McD era brings us.

I'm suggesting the Bills should just draft a damn QB instead of passing over quality starters that other teams pick up after we pass the over because they are not franchise QB's by our FO's estimation. We'll see what the coach McD era brings us.

Were you happy in 2013, when the Bills "just drafted a damn QB" with their first pick? Edited by mannc

So ridiculous.

The standard here is if you draft a player who gets seriously injured, it's your fault for not knowing he'd get injured.

These threads are getting predictable

A shot at the proposed pick followed by "we must draft a qb"

It's not a shot, it's a fact that Foster has had concussion problems.

Don't be upset that I felt like sharing that nothing will change until they find a QB, and they probably won't ever find that QB until they spend a high pick on one.

This is the last day to say who you want them to take and you can't ever start a new thread around here without someone getting upset.

Everybody needs to relax because no one here has any say as to what they are going to do.

Edited by 1billsfan

Right now yes. Before the injury? Different story. Besides you're getting sidetracked. The statement I reacted to was that there are "no franchise QB's in this draft. My point is we always hear that from the Bills and then see Russell Wilson and Dak, etc start and win for other teams. That's the point. Debate Bridgewater all you want. (I'd take a healthy Bridgewater over TT any day.) If you don't draft QB's you'll never get one.

We're not hearing that from the Bills in 2017. I have not seen one thing where anyone from the Bills made any statement like that at all. In fact, I don't recall anyone from the Bills or any other team stating that about any specific QB at any point in time.

We HAVE heard that from every national media outlet imaginable. We've heard it over and over and over. It doesn't make them right, but if they thought there was one there, they have every reason to state it.

The Wilson selection is clearly one we could/should have made. How many other teams can say the same thing? Prescott had a fine year, especially for a 4th round pick. It wouldn't shock me if he went on and had a very good career, but it also wouldn't shock me if he had real rough sledding if Elliot went down for a time. Anointing him as a franchise QB is clearly early. BTW, what position did we select with our 4th round pick last year?

The Bills certainly draft QBs, but have also shown a propensity for being really bad at it. I was not yet born during the team runs of the 1960s. I did get a healthy dose of Fergie (didn't like him that much), QBs after Fergie, Kelly of course, and the cabal of drafted QBs after that.

I think that the Bills have perpetually suffered from ownership and FO issues, and a lack of continuity at the HC position (mostly due to horrible hires: see also FO issues), and this has lead to a huge number of terrible drafts, terrible systems, and perpetual change. All of these factors have lead to guys like, man, I can't even bring myself to mention them by name, being under center.

I like the McD hire, because it seems like that kind of hire that could be good for a change. Operative word here is "could". I don't purport to have a crystal ball. I hope they draft a guy this year, and that the org hitches their wagon to him, develops him, cuddles him, nurtures him, all of that jazz.

The Bills have only drafted 5 QBs since 1996, only 2 in the first round...

Like Cardale Jones in the 4th or EJ Manuel in the first, or something different?

How many in the last 5 drafts?

20 years ago matters?

We're not hearing that from the Bills in 2017. I have not seen one thing where anyone from the Bills made any statement like that at all. In fact, I don't recall anyone from the Bills or any other team stating that about any specific QB at any point in time.

We HAVE heard that from every national media outlet imaginable. We've heard it over and over and over. It doesn't make them right, but if they thought there was one there, they have every reason to state it.

The Wilson selection is clearly one we could/should have made. How many other teams can say the same thing? Prescott had a fine year, especially for a 4th round pick. It wouldn't shock me if he went on and had a very good career, but it also wouldn't shock me if he had real rough sledding if Elliot went down for a time. Anointing him as a franchise QB is clearly early. BTW, what position did we select with our 4th round pick last year?

I expect a bit of a comedown this year for Prescott (where else can he go?), actually. But even if he slides a little this season, he has established himself as a damn good player. He really struggled against the Giants, but then again the Giants defense was ferocious last season.

So you want a bubble of faith based worship of Bills management. You also trust a first time GM with no front office experience to run a draft when the scouts he is relying on are dead men walking.

I guess we shall see whose view is correct soon enough.

Give it a break or take a break.

Reuben Foster at Will LB, Reggie Ragland at Mike LB and Lorenzo Alexander at Sam, that is a pretty respectable group assuming both Ragland/Foster live up to potential and Alexander continues to rush the QB like a man possessed. I would be pretty happy with that, also if Foster is drafted and we take Reddick I'd also put him at Will LB and would be just as excited for that group.

Seriously? You would have to drink a sh*t ton to come up like that. The only reason people do so is to mask something, try to clear the system out. If you buy that he's guzzling gallons of water to avoid the dehydration then I got some ocean front property in Montana for sale.

Not really. My ex wife missed out on a job because of a diluted sample and she was totally clean. "Failing" for that is bs.

I don't know, I would think a guy named H2o may have some expertise in this area.

True. New world possibly with Coach McD. I was reacting the statenent made by a poster saying "there's no FQB in this draft." We've heard that a lot from the Bills.And yep, we drafted EJ & Cardale. A bust and a project. Maybe the argument will become less about us drafting QBs to making better decisions on the QBs we draft.

Sick of drafting DBs to replace our DBs. Get a freaking QB on this team to have him sit behind Tyrod for a year or two.

Take a chance on getting a Carr, Wilson, Dak, Roethlisberger, Rodgers...

Trade back and get a QB and a defensive player with your two picks.

Guest NeckBeard

I don't think that is a bad thing necessarily, when you consider the B QB available when they'd drafted. Literally the only guy they didn't pick, who they could have, was Russell Wilson. I can't think of another QB prospect who they should have picked and didn't during that span. In fact, I would argue that the TD regime, no matter how sucky it turned out, was one of the few who actually tried to build something during this span, and yes, that includes his handling of the QB position.

Looking back, until JP really didn't cut it, I wasn't of the belief that the Bills hadn't drafted enough QBs, so I'd guess that around 2008 or 2009 my opinion changed. To me the most glaring years were during the Gailey regime. I was certain that they would draft a QB then, but didn't. Some say it was because of Fitz's feelings, but I don't believe that. I think that the team had enough holes, and Gailey's system was supposedly QB friendly, so they didn't draft another guy. That was a mistake. But, to their credit, at least they didn't draft Yo Gabba Gabbert.

NFL.com 7 round mock draft

Buffalo Bills

Round 1 (10) Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama
Round 2 (44) JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
Round 3 (75) Tim Williams, OLB, Alabama
Round 5 (156) Dan Skipper, T, Arkansas
Round 5 (163) Jeremy McNichols, RB, Boise State
Round 6 (171) Eddie Jackson, S, Alabama
Round 6 (195) Chad Kelly, QB, Ole Miss

I have to say, I don't hate it.

Buffalo Bills

That's a plausible scenario.

...has the Bills taking 'Bama LB Reuben Foster at #10. Here's his quote:

Buffalo could go in a lot of directions here, including QB, but Foster's tape is so good that it reminds me of Luke Kuechly's. There are off-field concerns with Foster, but his tape is awesome.

Thoughts?

Also stated he doesn't know how you average 25 points a game and lose 9 games have to get better on defense.

Paraphrasing of course.

...has the Bills taking 'Bama LB Reuben Foster at #10. Here's his quote:

Buffalo could go in a lot of directions here, including QB, but Foster's tape is so good that it reminds me of Luke Kuechly's. There are off-field concerns with Foster, but his tape is awesome.

Thoughts?

Whaley is good at finding LBs, I think taking one in Round 1 is foolish. Case in point in Round 2 we could likely get a Tyus Bowser who has a great deal of zone coverage experience and been a productive pass rusher the last two years and has good size/speed numbers. Personally I want one of the top two Safeties or Mike Williams or OJ Howard in Round 1 if we stay at #10.

The Bills don't have any 3 down linebackers.

That's a big problem in today's NFL.

Preston Brown was a 3 down LB in Schwartz's scheme. Also McDermott plays a large percentage of nickel based defense so we only really need two LBs.

Edited by The Jokeman

I would rather they trade down, not sure if LB is that huge of a need but it would be more palatable to take one if it was around pick 20 and the team got a extra 2nd round pick in the process. Right now I feel that WR and Secondary are the two most pressing areas of need. Outside of Darby and Hyde the team doesn't have much talent in the secondary and in McD's defense last season you saw just how ****ty the defense plays with a lack of secondary talent.

I would much rather draft a linebacker in round 3-5 and go after the more pressing areas of need in rounds 1-2.

Buffalo Bills

What happened to our third 5th Rounder?

but TE is not really a hole....compared to others

Our depth at TE is horrible. Nick O'leary at best is a third TE but as of today he'd be our primary backup.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.