Mike Mayock's only mock draft...

eball

This makes zero sense

The ravens, niners, bears and panthers would disagree. 4 teams that have made the super bowl in the last 10 years or so because they had a superstar ILB that dominated. Looks at the QBs on those teams. Cam was a superstar that season and flacco caught fire in the playoffs. Kaepernick and Grossman are journeyman. In our system, Foster is could be that piece. Will he? No one knows. No one knows if any of these guys will pan out, but he has the ability to be that guy. Looking at the ILB depth in the draft then comparing it to the WR and CB depth, one would see you can get better quality at WR and Cb in the later rounds, while ILB isn't nearly as deep. Drafting a Lb rd 1 makes complete sense to me if he's talented enough. You mentioned Jarred Davis. He's a stud. He's so good I'd be ok with drafting him at 10, but the ideal draft would be to trade down and still get a Davis.

I think your take on Ragland not being able to play the Mike in this defense is off base. Ragland doesn't excel in man tomman coverage but is very effective working the middle of the field in zone coverage. He's not blazing fast, but he's not as slow as you make him out to be. If somehow you're correct and he has to play WLB or SLB then we still need a mike. Preston Brown is crap. Foster and Davis can both play mike if Ragland cannot. Both guys have the ability to be dominant players in the NFL. In this system, it's not a luxury to have 2 really good LBs, it's a necessity in order to become a great D.

And just to add, the thought of Ragland and Foster, two head hunters that love to hit people with tone setting hits, these are things that change football games.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What a curious defense of the Bills front office. So they pass on quality QB's year after year so it's ok?

I

It isn't a defense of anything. It is a recognition of the time/space continuum, which apparently a reality about which you are blissfully unaware. It is 2017. The current facts are below:

1. The draft is tonight.

2. You are whining like a child that the Bills don't have a QB.

3. You are unwilling to state which QB, available tonight, the Bills should pick.

It seems like the goal of your current whining is to set up future whining. The way you're handling it, if ANY QB in this class turns out good, you'll be able to whine again. So from rounds 1-7 should we draft 5 QBs in case one of them works out? If it would stop you from whining for a while I think it would be worth it.

You can bash Whaley for a lot of things; poor public speaking for one, questionable use of draft capital, etc... This idea that he is responsible for 20 years of 2 qbs in the first round is asinine. He has made trades for Qbs, spent draft picks on QBs, signed FA QBs. He hasn't sat around doing nothing like you want to pretend. You have created this false narrative already with "wrestler Sean" and that if he doesn't take a qb this year he's done. You have decided because you "talked to a couple of guys" that Mahomes is sure fire can't miss. The Bills have clearly done their diligence with this class. If they take a guy it is because they think he can be the guy and I will be happy and hope he is. If they don't it's because they don't believe they will be. So they disagree with your guys and only time will tell who is right however you will be here tonight pitching doom and gloom.

Further I think you have made your point that you don't like Pegula, Whaley, TT, etc... you don't need to post it in every thread. We got it buddy we know how you feel. I'm "bothering" because your non-stop posting on these points has crossed from conversation to straight up whining and is just obnoxious.

I%20say%20bravo_zpsfsmwqhrv.gif

It would seal the deal on the Rex era and allow us to realize that any hope for Ragland was false.

Seriously, please answer this question. How do you come to that conclusion when Ragland never played a game? How is this guy a lost cause already?

Russell Wilson? Cousins? Whaley was doing the board then. I'd also add Jimmy G. Not that he's franchise but you would be very happy if you drafted him.

Oh, Whaley made the draft board all by himself? I learn new things everyday here at tsw. So Monos is the guy that passed on Dak and Carr. He must've put together the draft board. Jimmy G playing in New England and Jimmy G playing in Buffalo are two different players. No one has any idea how he would've done if we drafted him.

It isn't a defense of anything. It is a recognition of the time/space continuum, which apparently a reality about which you are blissfully unaware. It is 2017. The current facts are below:

1. The draft is tonight.

2. You are whining like a child that the Bills don't have a QB.

3. You are unwilling to state which QB, available tonight, the Bills should pick.

It seems like the goal of your current whining is to set up future whining. The way you're handling it, if ANY QB in this class turns out good, you'll be able to whine again. So from rounds 1-7 should we draft 5 QBs in case one of them works out? If it would stop you from whining for a while I think it would be worth it.

There is a Mahomes thread where I have stated this opinion and a Trubisky thread.

I think Mahomes and Trubisky are very good QB prospects that should be picked by us in the first round.

I like the mock draft I read in the D&C this morning, as it has 2 options to play out:

First Option:

1) Mike Williams - WR

2) Teez Tabor - CB

3) Nathan Peterman - QB

Second Option:

1) Marshon Lattimore - CB

2) Zay Jones - WR

3) Nathan Peterman - QB

Let's Go Buffalo!!!!!

Can only imagine this board if we were to land Williams and Mahomes this draft.

I'll be super sad if we draft Peterman. I don't see what everyone else sees.

Seriously, please answer this question. How do you come to that conclusion when Ragland never played a game? How is this guy a lost cause already?

Geez. The dude calls HIMSELF a throwback. He slid in the draft like it was a waterslide, he is slow and 1 year out the consensus is we need to replace him. Compound that with him being the type of player only Rex liked and that Rex is gone. It seems unreasonable to have any expectations for him as a pro whatsoever. I have none. I hope he surprises me but I am not holding my breath. I wouldn't be shocked if he didn't make it out of camp.

There is a Mahomes thread where I have stated this opinion and a Trubisky thread.

I think Mahomes and Trubisky are very good QB prospects that should be picked by us in the first round.

OK if we do not draft Mahomes or Trubiniski and then they become a franchise QB, then you can whine and point back at those threads. But you really only should whine AFTER they prove themselves. If some guy gets picked in the third round and turns out to be the best from the class, you should not whine.

Geez. The dude calls HIMSELF a throwback. He slid in the draft like it was a waterslide, he is slow and 1 year out the consensus is we need to replace him. Compound that with him being the type of player only Rex liked and that Rex is gone. It seems unreasonable to have any expectations for him as a pro whatsoever. I have none. I hope he surprises me but I am not holding my breath. I wouldn't be shocked if he didn't make it out of camp.

OK if we do not draft Mahomes or Trubiniski and then they become a franchise QB, then you can whine and point back at those threads. But you really only should whine AFTER they prove themselves. If some guy gets picked in the third round and turns out to be the best from the class, you should not whine.

Unless it's Dobbs.

So you want a bubble of faith based worship of Bills management. You also trust a first time GM with no front office experience to run a draft when the scouts he is relying on are dead men walking.

I guess we shall see whose view is correct soon enough.

Man you just missed the point entirely...

And just to add, the thought of Ragland and Foster, two head hunters that love to hit people with tone setting hits, these are things that change football games.

Exactly.

Ugh. I knew my username would be plundered when they named they renamed the stadium.

Man you just missed the point entirely...

No, I get it. People are taking my views very personally. It's as if I was on a board composed of family and friends of Pegulas and Brandon.

Draft will be on tonight and we'll have some games soon. Then I think there will be a lot less blind trust in people who make the same mistakes over and over.

Both are gone - now what?

Well, I would have tried to trade up first. But if no QB and no elite players like Thomas or Adams are there at 10 I trade back and target guys like Njoku or Jarrad Davis.

"the consensus is we need to replace him" What consensus? Who?

"I wouldn't be shocked if he didn't make it out of camp." Wait....what?? Go check your blood sugar.

"The consensus is we need to replace him"??? What are you talking about? Who's consensus? You and the others that live in you parents basement? Good to know you're good at making things up.

No, I get it. People are taking my views very personally. It's as if I was on a board composed of family and friends of Pegulas and Brandon.

Draft will be on tonight and we'll have some games soon. Then I think there will be a lot less blind trust in people who make the same mistakes over and over.

Again you are off the mark.

Keep trying though this is very amusing.

Well, I would have tried to trade up first. But if no QB and no elite players like Thomas or Adams are there at 10 I trade back and target guys like Njoku or Jarrad Davis.

I'm just saying - if Trubisky goes at 1, and mahomes at say 4/5/6... Do we go into the next 2 years with Tyrod?

It's not my call. I would be moving heaven and earth to get us a top QB. We shall see tonight how important the position is to our new GM.

well... ones gone before anyone else drafts, and then we'd have to move up to at least 5 to get ahead of the jets, and other teams will be calling... soooo the price will be high. Probably next years first. Are you willing to gamble 2 1sts on say mahomes? When we might not be good this year...

well... ones gone before anyone else drafts, and then we'd have to move up to at least 5 to get ahead of the jets, and other teams will be calling... soooo the price will be high. Probably next years first. Are you willing to gamble 2 1sts on say mahomes? When we might not be good this year...

No, I think Mahomes will be there at ten. NFL teams waited on Derek Carr. Many of these dinosaurs will wait on Mahomes.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.