Mike Mayock's only mock draft...

eball

...has the Bills taking 'Bama LB Reuben Foster at #10. Here's his quote:

Buffalo could go in a lot of directions here, including QB, but Foster's tape is so good that it reminds me of Luke Kuechly's. There are off-field concerns with Foster, but his tape is awesome.

Thoughts?

On such things, I trust Leroi and Foster isn't on the bills top-5 list according to him

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I did it in another thread for you. Since Whaley has come on board it's 2 and they are possible but not yet proven. Dak and Carr. That's it.

Russell Wilson? Cousins? Whaley was doing the board then. I'd also add Jimmy G. Not that he's franchise but you would be very happy if you drafted him.

Should I list the franchise QB's the Bills have passed on? Or does that not matter.

You should list the franchise QBs available in this year's draft, because unless you have a time machine available, whining about stuff in the past is completely and utterly useless.

Corey Davis is my preferred pick.

He is very low on my list. Small school risk-o-matic. Williams will be a successful NFL receiver and has the body type, playing profile we need.

You should list the franchise QBs available in this year's draft, because unless you have a time machine available, whining about stuff in the past is completely and utterly useless.

He is very low on my list. Small school risk-o-matic. Williams will be a successful NFL receiver and has the body type, playing profile we need.

What a curious defense of the Bills front office. So they pass on quality QB's year after year so it's ok?

I

I like the mock draft I read in the D&C this morning, as it has 2 options to play out:

First Option:

1) Mike Williams - WR

2) Teez Tabor - CB

3) Nathan Peterman - QB

Second Option:

1) Marshon Lattimore - CB

2) Zay Jones - WR

3) Nathan Peterman - QB

Let's Go Buffalo!!!!!

Can only imagine this board if we were to land Williams and Mahomes this draft.

FWIW, the 49ers new GM, John Lynch, has a lot of respect for Mike Mayock's research/knowledge and his mock. Lynch mentions that he saw Mayock at every pro day he attended...

“Well, I think all of them because I think what you want is, one thing I think sometimes we scoff at these people and assumptions that are being made, but I know there’s a lot of people that talk to a lot of people in this league and there’s people in my role who go to people for information. So, those aren’t completely misguided. So, you get a general sense by looking at all of them and obviously, the ones that have shown to be reputable. You kind of take averages there. I’ll tell you one thing, not to give guys plugs but like Mike Mayock, that sucker, every pro day I was at, he was at. He’s out there doing the work. Probably someone who’s showing up and doing the work, you tend to listen to guys like that a little more."

https://sports.yahoo.com/video/john-lynch-praises-mike-mayocks-151835004.html

http://www.ninersnation.com/2017/4/27/15446000/mike-mayock-mock-draft-2017-john-lynch-49ers

Edited by hondo in seattle

Russell Wilson? Cousins? Whaley was doing the board then. I'd also add Jimmy G. Not that he's franchise but you would be very happy if you drafted him.

Whaley was doing the board but not calling the shots? So it is his fault?

Listen man I know the day has come and your epic meltdown is only a few hours away but please don't be disingenuous in your bashing. There is plenty to blame for 17 years of missing the playoffs but you can't put things on people if they aren't their fault. Putting other GMs failures on this one is flat out stupid. Putting Ralph's failing on the Pegulas is dumb. The Bills in totality have sucked but Whaley isn't responsible for drafting before 2013. Pegula isn't responsible for Ralph's reign either.

You're everywhere on the board and post the same 4 things. Pegula sucks, Whaley sucks, TT sucks, and Mahomes is amazing. You could sing a different tune once in a while...

Whaley was doing the board but not calling the shots? So it is his fault?

Listen man I know the day has come and your epic meltdown is only a few hours away but please don't be disingenuous in your bashing. There is plenty to blame for 17 years of missing the playoffs but you can't put things on people if they aren't their fault. Putting other GMs failures on this one is flat out stupid. Putting Ralph's failing on the Pegulas is dumb. The Bills in totality have sucked but Whaley isn't responsible for drafting before 2013. Pegula isn't responsible for Ralph's reign either.

You're everywhere on the board and post the same 4 things. Pegula sucks, Whaley sucks, TT sucks, and Mahomes is amazing. You could sing a different tune once in a while...

Ok, so why are you bothering? You obviously like the direction and management. Why do you care if some guy like me doesn't understand the brilliance of Russ Brandon and One Buffalo?

Ok, so why are you bothering? You obviously like the direction and management. Why do you care if some guy like me doesn't understand the brilliance of Russ Brandon and One Buffalo?

You can bash Whaley for a lot of things; poor public speaking for one, questionable use of draft capital, etc... This idea that he is responsible for 20 years of 2 qbs in the first round is asinine. He has made trades for Qbs, spent draft picks on QBs, signed FA QBs. He hasn't sat around doing nothing like you want to pretend. You have created this false narrative already with "wrestler Sean" and that if he doesn't take a qb this year he's done. You have decided because you "talked to a couple of guys" that Mahomes is sure fire can't miss. The Bills have clearly done their diligence with this class. If they take a guy it is because they think he can be the guy and I will be happy and hope he is. If they don't it's because they don't believe they will be. So they disagree with your guys and only time will tell who is right however you will be here tonight pitching doom and gloom.

Further I think you have made your point that you don't like Pegula, Whaley, TT, etc... you don't need to post it in every thread. We got it buddy we know how you feel. I'm "bothering" because your non-stop posting on these points has crossed from conversation to straight up whining and is just obnoxious.

You can bash Whaley for a lot of things; poor public speaking for one, questionable use of draft capital, etc... This idea that he is responsible for 20 years of 2 qbs in the first round is asinine. He has made trades for Qbs, spent draft picks on QBs, signed FA QBs. He hasn't sat around doing nothing like you want to pretend. You have created this false narrative already with "wrestler Sean" and that if he doesn't take a qb this year he's done. You have decided because you "talked to a couple of guys" that Mahomes is sure fire can't miss. The Bills have clearly done their diligence with this class. If they take a guy it is because they think he can be the guy and I will be happy and hope he is. If they don't it's because they don't believe they will be. So they disagree with your guys and only time will tell who is right however you will be here tonight pitching doom and gloom.

Further I think you have made your point that you don't like Pegula, Whaley, TT, etc... you don't need to post it in every thread. We got it buddy we know how you feel. I'm "bothering" because your non-stop posting on these points has crossed from conversation to straight up whining and is just obnoxious.

:worthy::beer:

Leonardo-DiCaprio-Clap.gif

👀🤔

It would seal the deal on the Rex era and allow us to realize that any hope for Ragland was false.

This makes zero sense

I was just saying what Parcells and others want as far positional value. Those positions are more valuable than inside linebacker, guard, etc.

I don't see Ragland as a mike in the Carolina McD scheme. Not enough range. I expect him to kick outside as a 2 down LB.

The ravens, niners, bears and panthers would disagree. 4 teams that have made the super bowl in the last 10 years or so because they had a superstar ILB that dominated. Looks at the QBs on those teams. Cam was a superstar that season and flacco caught fire in the playoffs. Kaepernick and Grossman are journeyman. In our system, Foster is could be that piece. Will he? No one knows. No one knows if any of these guys will pan out, but he has the ability to be that guy. Looking at the ILB depth in the draft then comparing it to the WR and CB depth, one would see you can get better quality at WR and Cb in the later rounds, while ILB isn't nearly as deep. Drafting a Lb rd 1 makes complete sense to me if he's talented enough. You mentioned Jarred Davis. He's a stud. He's so good I'd be ok with drafting him at 10, but the ideal draft would be to trade down and still get a Davis.

I think your take on Ragland not being able to play the Mike in this defense is off base. Ragland doesn't excel in man tomman coverage but is very effective working the middle of the field in zone coverage. He's not blazing fast, but he's not as slow as you make him out to be. If somehow you're correct and he has to play WLB or SLB then we still need a mike. Preston Brown is crap. Foster and Davis can both play mike if Ragland cannot. Both guys have the ability to be dominant players in the NFL. In this system, it's not a luxury to have 2 really good LBs, it's a necessity in order to become a great D.

Pouting and whining about wanting a franchise QB is pathetic. There isn't one. It's like walking into a Chevy dealer and complaining about needing a new house.

Seems like there's never a FQB available to us the Bills FO always tell us. Well, tell that to Minnesota, Seattle, the Raiders and Dallas. Guess they did't buy into that talk.

So you want a bubble of faith based worship of Bills management. You also trust a first time GM with no front office experience to run a draft when the scouts he is relying on are dead men walking.

I guess we shall see whose view is correct soon enough.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.