ESPN Layoffs

plenzmd1

I had no idea right until the end, lol. But if it makes you feel better I was recently reading a very loooong book, and about 80% of the way through I was telling my old man about it and he said "isn't that the one that turns out it was the sherriff who was killing everyone?"

:lol:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a Clayton fan at all

I think he is useless on WGR. Of all the national guys they could get on weekly they could at least try and find someone who makes some effort to understand what is going on in the market he is about to discuss.

I think he is useless on WGR. Of all the national guys they could get on weekly they could at least try and find someone who makes some effort to understand what is going on in the market he is about to discuss.

Seriously. Clayton sounds like he's BSing his way through an oral exam during his WGR segments, not that Schopp cares.

Seriously. Clayton sounds like he's BSing his way through an oral exam during his WGR segments, not that Schopp cares.

He makes Schopp and Bulldog (who I don't actually mind they are pretty funny you just can't take them seriously) look informed.

the last several years ESPN has turned into crap, thats why they have a declining viewership

they have been horrible for years. so many times ive hoped for highlights

after a bills win and end up with a 5 sec clip and an hour and half of brady

and romo. terrible place for actual sports news.

ESPN became great because they covered all sports, and broadcast stuff no one else had before (rugby, soccer, Big East basketball, rodeo, etc).

Now ESPN only reports on the events they broadcast. Except it there's a big event (like Game 1 tonight), in which case they will beat it into the ground for hours on end.

It was a great concept, but mostly due to technology and the proliferation of other options, has outlived its usefulness.

Maybe he'll get a job at The Buffalo News

They already have the three stooges but he can be Shemp.

Wow...Clayton laid off too...ESPN is going to literally have nobody with any sources..

hope they aren't planning to break many stories

Well they can just use La Conjecture's method - make them up.