Post Your Schedule Complaints Here

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I can tell, the NFL did something weird with both the Pats and Falcons schedules specifically. Was it just coincidence that these are the two reigning conference champs? Will this be more common for conference champs moving forward? Is it all about trying to keep the Pats and Falcons from clinching their divisions for as long as possible?

Both Pats and Falcons play 5 of final 6 inside division. And Falcons even have four straight to end the season inside the division. I've occasionally heard of 4 or 5 or three straight all inside the division to end a season before but never what the Pats and Falcons have this year.

I checked out the final six for all the other teams in the NFL and it looked like at most I saw 3 of final 6 games inside the division. In fact it looked like quite a few teams did not have a schedule back loaded with divisional games, many with only 2 in the final six. Jets only have one in final seven for some reason.

Of course the Bills, Dolphins, Saints and Bucs have a lot of divisional games to end the season but I think that has more to do with the Pats and Falcons schedules than it does those individual teams.

Interesting observation.

I haven't looked at everyone's schedules, but our NFC games are all early and our biggest AFC East games are in the last month.

It makes sense from the NFL's standpoint. By doing that, it would keep most division/playoff races alive later in the season and make it harder for teams to clinch early.

Weeks 2 through 5 could be anywhere from brutal to easily winnable. The Panthers, Broncos, and Bengals all had down years last year but could recover this year and the Falcons had a good year last year but was that a fluke or will they be tough again?

At KC in week 13, should be interesting. In 2013, 2014, and 2015 we lost mid to late season games to the Chiefs, all three of which we could have and in some cases should have won. In all three cases those could have arguably been the losses that kept us from the playoffs.

I'll complain that the Panthers game is their home opener, so tickets may be more expensive(?). And also that I cannot lump it in with a Virginia Tech home game :cry:

On the flip side, the Carolina falls on my brother's birthday, and since it's early in the season, he won't have to sacrifice a hunting weekend to attend :thumbsup:

Also, no home games Thanksgiving weekend or Christmas/New Years. It is nice to be able to lump in Bills games with trips home to WNY.....

I don't like 3 in December

I'd thought we would avoid this! We knew they'd be away for Week 17 due to the World Juniors outdoor game, and likely away for Week 16 as well. Then they slam us with Week 13, 14, and 15 to make up for it! :death:

Without seeing the schedule yet, I'll post a few complaints we see each year. Might as well get'm out of the way.

Why does NE get a 10 day rest before playing us?

Why does NE get a by week before playing us?

Bummer, we have to play in the Miami heat in December!

There's a start. Add yours as you feel needed.

Remember the shoving match in Foxborough? The Kraft-run NFL must retaliate.

7 teams coming off mini byes or extra reat before playing us.

Too many front loaded home games...kills our home field advantage in playoff chase.

Par for the course. It's almost not surprising anymore, but it always seems like they are trying (and succeeding) to f*** us. Such a massive disadvantage.

Kraft pays off the NFL.

Correction: Kraft owns the NFL.

What is with this Miami hype? Jesus Christ. It's like the 2015 Jets all over again.

I was just making light of the schedule and they did make the playoffs last season. Will have an opportunity to improve in the offseason like every other team.

I doubt Miami has clinched by then and The Pats don't take their foot off the gas, ever.

it was a joke.

i know, another person guaranteed 2 loses to them. Must suck to hate the bills and idolize every other team, player, coach, and gm

We did lose twice to them last season.

Does every person on this thread that predicts from 3-6 wins next season also hate the bills and idolize every other player, coach, blah blah blah

WEEK 1 JETS 1-0

WEEK 2 @ CAROLINA 1-1

WEEK 3 DENVER 1-2

WEEK 4 @ ATLANTA 1-3

WEEK 5 @ CINCINNATI 1-4

WWEK 6 BYE AT LEAST THEY WILL NOT LOOSE

WEEK 7 TAMPA 2-4

WEEK 8 LAS VEGAS 2-5

WEEK 9 @ JETS 2-6

WEEK 10 NEW ORLEANS 3-6

WEEK 11 @ LA CHARGERS 3-7

WEEK 12 @ KANAS CITY 3-8

WEEK 13 NEW ENGLAND 3-9

WEEK 14 INDIANAPOLIS 4-9

WEEK 15 MIAMI 5-9

WEEK 16 @ NEW ENGLAND 5-10

WEEK 17 @MIAMI 5-11

BILLS START WINNING AT END OF THE SEASON TO RUIN THERE CHANCES AT TAKING FRANCHISE QB. EPIC FAIL!!!!!

I haven't seen the scouting report on him (FRANCHISE QB. EPIC FAIL!!!!!) is he any good/;)

Edited by JMF2006

Mine is the fact that they have 2 road games then the bye in October and 3 December home games again.

most fans used to want home games in december, apparently, we once had a home field advantage and the December games were important.

most fans used to want home games in december, apparently, we once had a home field advantage and the December games were important.

My girlfriend hates sitting through those games,not to mention most of the players are from the south and they do practice inside now so any advantage is a myth.

Edited by JMF2006

I never like early byes, but other than that, not much to complain about. For a team with a new HC, we can still come out of the gates strong. And the pats won't have a chance to break our spirit until late in the season.

The last 4 super bowl participants. 13 games against teams that have won at least 10 and usually 12 the the last two years. The other 3 against Brees, Luck, and Rivers.

Until we become a good team the schedule will always look tough. We will usually play teams that had more wins than we did.

However, I think if McDermott and his staff aren't total idiots, we will be better than last season, so until then, let's try to be optimistic.

Until we become a good team the schedule will always look tough. We will usually play teams that had more wins than we did.

However, I think if McDermott and his staff aren't total idiots, we will be better than last season, so until then, let's try to be optimistic.

I would be shocked if this schedule isn't the toughest in the league.

I totally agree with what you're saying. But this schedule would be a tough one for even the best teams. It's brutal.

I would be shocked if this schedule isn't the toughest in the league.

I totally agree with what you're saying. But this schedule would be a tough one for even the best teams. It's brutal.

Yeah, December is ridiculous.

So many division games at the end of the season could either be a blessing or a curse. Judging by the last 20+ years....

And I used to complain about not getting primetime games but...F primetime games. I can't stand being that pissed of at 11:30, it makes for an angry sleep.

Edited by Golden*Wheels

So many division games at the end of the season could either be a blessing or a curse. Judging by the last 20+ years....

And I used to complain about not getting primetime games but...F primetime games. I can't stand being that pissed of at 11:30, it makes for an angry sleep.

That's the worst, I remember waking up after the Seattle game cursing to myself during my morning training session.

Made for a great work out but still.

I was just making light of the schedule and they did make the playoffs last season. Will have an opportunity to improve in the offseason like every other team.

Not completely directed at you, I've just seen a number of people commenting on how the Dolphins will have "clinched" a playoff spot, and I just don't get it.

Edited by What a Tuel

Not completely directed at you, I've just seen a number of people commenting on how the Dolphins will have "clinched" a playoff spot, and I just don't get it.

If the Bills hung onto leads, they would have been the playoff team in 2016, not Miami.

WEEK 1 JETS 1-0

WEEK 2 @ CAROLINA 1-1

WEEK 3 DENVER 1-2

WEEK 4 @ ATLANTA 1-3

WEEK 5 @ CINCINNATI 1-4

WWEK 6 BYE AT LEAST THEY WILL NOT LOOSE

WEEK 7 TAMPA 2-4

WEEK 8 LAS VEGAS 2-5

WEEK 9 @ JETS 2-6

WEEK 10 NEW ORLEANS 3-6

WEEK 11 @ LA CHARGERS 3-7

WEEK 12 @ KANAS CITY 3-8

WEEK 13 NEW ENGLAND 3-9

WEEK 14 INDIANAPOLIS 4-9

WEEK 15 MIAMI 5-9

WEEK 16 @ NEW ENGLAND 5-10

WEEK 17 @MIAMI 5-11

BILLS START WINNING AT END OF THE SEASON TO RUIN THERE CHANCES AT TAKING FRANCHISE QB. EPIC FAIL!!!!!

Honestly i think this very well could be a very bad 3-4 win season...

The 2 jets games are the only possible wins i see.

What is with this Miami hype? Jesus Christ. It's like the 2015 Jets all over again.

Who isnt still sour about that miami running back skipping up and down

the field at will, absolutely disgusting. Miserable games.

Edited by Albwan

Run defense was putrid.

That was just one of the many games the Rex & Rob defense cost us.

You say a variation of this every single year

If the Bills hung onto leads, they would have been the playoff team in 2016, not Miami.

Right so I'm not understanding the concern over the schedule. The only AFC teams clearly better than us are Pars and Raiders. We're right in there with everyone else. We should have AT LEAST split with the Dolphins last year, honestly should have gone 2-0 if we had any semblance of a run defense. If we do what we did last year, but beat the Dolphins and Jets twice, we're 10-6 and likely in the playoffs. And our defense was awful last year. No guarantees obviously, far from it, but I'm not all that pessimistic.

Edited by HappyDays

I don't think people watched as many Miami games either, but they had some miraculous last minute game winners/ties including a few run backs. That won't happen again this year.

Yeah, if we have any semblance of a run defense, then Miami doesn't even make the playoffs last year.

Edited by What a Tuel

You say a variation of this every single year

Right so I'm not understanding the concern over the schedule. The only AFC teams clearly better than us are Pars and Raiders. We're right in there with everyone else. We should have AT LEAST split with the Dolphins last year, honestly should have gone 2-0 if we had any semblance of a run defense. If we do what we did last year, but beat the Dolphins and Jets twice, we're 10-6 and likely in the playoffs. And our defense was awful last year. No guarantees obviously, far from it, but I'm not all that pessimistic.

I might feel better if they draft a WR at 10.

This season is looking good.

WEEK 1 JETS 1-0 "Cake anyone?"

WEEK 2 @ CAROLINA 2-0 Cam Newton isn't good against the Bills defense, they have beaten the Panthers with worse talent on offense and at QB

WEEK 3 DENVER 3-0 No QB, Travel across country and the Cowboys defensive line/Elliot will be putting a hurting on Denver's D-Line.

WEEK 4 @ ATLANTA 3-1, good draft and they will probably be back in the Super Bowl

WEEK 5 @ CINCINNATI 4-1, Good Match up, I think they can make Dalton play worse than the Bengals and Tyrod.

WEEK 6 YUM!

WEEK 7 TAMPA 5-1 This game should be fun to watch. I have a win just b.c our defense should be much better

WEEK 8 LAS VEGAS 6-1 on a !@#$ing roll!

WEEK 9 @ JETS 7-1, "We will be serving pie"

WEEK 10 NEW ORLEANS 7-2 Stumble...

WEEK 11 @ LA CHARGERS 7-3, tough road game

WEEK 12 @ KANAS CITY 8-3, The Bills finally beat a team they always destroy for most of the game, they finally don't make those few mistakes the previous regiments used to...

WEEK 13 NEW ENGLAND 8-4 Loss...

WEEK 14 INDIANAPOLIS 9-4 Indy Defense still won't be good enough to help Luck out who struggles against the Bills

WEEK 15 MIAMI 10-4, Beat the Dolphins at home.

WEEK 16 @ NEW ENGLAND 10-5 Loss...

WEEK 17 @MIAMI 10-6 Bills lose this game... Will they make the playoffs... Don't know

Edited by Beef Jerky

There is no such thing as a bad win at the beginning of the season......

Love how people predict thise horrible records when we have been a stead 8 and 8 with a D that fell like 20 spots

i just feel we have a mediocre team with a difficult schedule...we went 7-9 with a cup cake schedule last year and lost several solid starters this offseason...i think it is a logical assumption we will likely have a worse record this season.

i just feel we have a mediocre team with a difficult schedule...we went 7-9 with a cup cake schedule last year and lost several solid starters this offseason...i think it is a logical assumption we will likely have a worse record this season.

7-8. that Jets game the team quit because of the QB change.

The NFL will never do anything heroic favoring Buffalo. Scheduling bunched games with the Patriots & Dolphins to end the season is just another middle finger by the league toward the Bills. I've been saying for years teams like us and Jacksonville are just "Schedule Filler" for the NFL golden teams.

Pegs is going to have learn to keep up with the Joneses. When he fracks up a palace like Jerry's joint is when he is officially in the club.

They must be the leaders of the CoT. 👹

7-8. that Jets game the team quit because of the QB change.

OMG. Your homerism holds no bounds.