Post Your Schedule Complaints Here

my road games this year are Carolina, Atlanta, Cincinnatti they are within the first 5 weeks of the season. At least at that point they will be right in the thick of it but what a grind- dolphins twice in 3 weeks patriots twice in 4 weeks...are other teams doing this. Yes I know that Dolphins play the bills twice in 2 weeks and the Patriots play the bills twice in 4 weeks haha

example:

chiefs raider games are 9 weeks apart....broncos 10 weeks apart....chargers 11 weeks apart so what gives with are F'd up schedule?

I've seen other schedules like that in past years, and thought it was strange. Seems as though it is our turn although I think they typically do 3 different divisional opponents not just 2.

Edited by What a Tuel

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

disappointed the opener is against a team intentionally trying to tank and with no QB... i feel a victory against the Jets means little, unfortunately.

I predict no better than 6-10 overall

There is no such thing as a bad win at the beginning of the season......

Love how people predict thise horrible records when we have been a stead 8 and 8 with a D that fell like 20 spots

It is pointless to predict what is going to happen. Injuries change everything. Most years a team will go from bottom to top.

It seems like a tough schedule on paper. But things change. Bengals are getting worse. Denver has worse QB situation than ours and lost Wade Phillips. Raiders have to fly East and play early. Chargers, Jets, and Saints are in full rebuild mode. They get the Pats at home when it still might mean something. And they play Miami twice in December.

Let's see what the draft brings.

but what a grind- dolphins twice in 3 weeks patriots twice in 4 weeks...are other teams doing this. Yes I know that Dolphins play the bills twice in 2 weeks and the Patriots play the bills twice in 4 weeks haha

example:

chiefs raider games are 9 weeks apart....broncos 10 weeks apart....chargers 11 weeks apart so what gives with are F'd up schedule?

From what I can tell, the NFL did something weird with both the Pats and Falcons schedules specifically. Was it just coincidence that these are the two reigning conference champs? Will this be more common for conference champs moving forward? Is it all about trying to keep the Pats and Falcons from clinching their divisions for as long as possible?

Both Pats and Falcons play 5 of final 6 inside division. And Falcons even have four straight to end the season inside the division. I've occasionally heard of 4 or 5 or three straight all inside the division to end a season before but never what the Pats and Falcons have this year.

I checked out the final six for all the other teams in the NFL and it looked like at most I saw 3 of final 6 games inside the division. In fact it looked like quite a few teams did not have a schedule back loaded with divisional games, many with only 2 in the final six. Jets only have one in final seven for some reason.

Of course the Bills, Dolphins, Saints and Bucs have a lot of divisional games to end the season but I think that has more to do with the Pats and Falcons schedules than it does those individual teams.

The NFL will never do anything heroic favoring Buffalo. Scheduling bunched games with the Patriots & Dolphins to end the season is just another middle finger by the league toward the Bills. I've been saying for years teams like us and Jacksonville are just "Schedule Filler" for the NFL golden teams.

NE and Miami will have already clinched playoff spots by week 16, so they'll rest their starters and we will win the last 2 games on the road.

What is with this Miami hype? Jesus Christ. It's like the 2015 Jets all over again.

Edited by What a Tuel

What is with this Miami hype? Jesus Christ. It's like the 2015 Jets all over again.

i know, another person guaranteed 2 loses to them. Must suck to hate the bills and idolize every other team, player, coach, and gm

I have few complaints. I'm not expecting all that much from the 2017 Bills. What I like about the schedule is the evenly spread out rhythm of home and away games. It's pretty consistent all the way through. I also like the fact that we don't play the Patriots and Dolphins until way way late which means I might get math practice in November and December trying to figure out how we can still run the table and be mathematically 'in the hunt'! Even though I'll know we're DOOMED by mid October.

I'm not making any wins & loses this early. But here's a few thoughts:

There are several posts here that I think fans feel doom is coming because of the last month.

But I feel that it's hard to see how things might play out at this time.

Things I'm looking at is, we have a better head coach this year than last year.

It's time for Tyrod to up his game at his position, especially in clutch situations. That's very likely to happen.

I think there will be some players, that will surprise us and really step up their play.

We haven't seen how Ragland can play at the pro level, but I think he'll be an asset, not a liability.

Coach McD's motivation skills as well as coaching skills will be especially tested from the Chiefs game onward.

Who knows how a lot of these teams might do this year. The 2016 Panthers were a far cry from the 2015 version for instance.

That's it.

Don't know if it has been posted here but apparently the Bills schedule in December is the toughest that any team will face in any month this year: http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/235733/winners-losers-of-2017-nfl-schedule-release

Well of course, we play the Patriots twice. Outside of that the Dolphins twice and the Colts is really not that bad.

NE and Miami will have already clinched playoff spots by week 16, so they'll rest their starters and we will win the last 2 games on the road.

I doubt Miami has clinched by then and The Pats don't take their foot off the gas, ever.

I'm tired of the NFL disrespecting Buffalo football fans. All of our home games are Bills games. In a 16 game schedule you think they could at least give us one game that involves two teams with something to play for? Clevelanders must really be pissed.

Forget disrespect, trust me the majority of NFL owners would prefer that the franchise was somewhere else in the first place.

7 teams coming off mini byes or extra reat before playing us.

Too many front loaded home games...kills our home field advantage in playoff chase.

schedule is typical. Bills are designed to be, wherever possible, a team's "homecoming game" opponent meant to send the other teams fans home happy after a big win and buying more $2,000 season tickets, $M's of swag and so on (things the league can't get from the Bills' poor market demographic) . Bills are the speed bag for the NFL. A live "scout team" for the other teams.