Now that Crunch Time is coming...........

njbuff

Do you really want the Bills to select a QB early (rounds 1-3) in this draft?

Assuming, of course, there are no trades.

I am truly on the fence about this, but if I had a gun to my head.......... the Bills should just roll with TT, Jones and Yates for 2017.

What is your honest answer?

As mine is NO.

I am truly on the fence about this, but if I had a gun to my head.......... the Bills should just roll with TT, Jones and Yates for 2017.

As mine is NO.

No to round 1. Perhaps in 2 or 3. These prospects are not first round worthy to me.

As mine is NO.

Its a yes for me

Its all about whaley's draft board.....if there is a qb in this group that can be special with some polishing......yes

As mine is NO.

You probably won't have to worry about it because I think Watson, Trubisky and Mahomes will all be gone by #10. The media isn't giving the proper picture on what's going to happen. They've underrated this qb class. If one of those qbs are still there the Bills will draft him.

Second or third round, if they see a guy they think is a good value.

Here's why: The plan is that Tyrod is going to be the guy for the future, but they aren't sure yet. If he has a really good year in 2017, they renegotiate, give him a big deal. The guy they took in the second or third round hangs around for his rookie contract as the backup. If Taylor doesn't work out, the Bills decide next April if the guy they took in the second or third round looks like the real deal and they go with him If they don't don't like him, then they take another guy in the 2018 draft, first or second round.

As mine is NO.

Yes, a QB is so important they need to keep picking until they find their Russell Wilson/Dak Prescott

You probably won't have to worry about it because I think Watson, Trubisky and Mahomes will all be gone by #10. The media isn't giving the proper picture on what's going to happen. They've underrated this qb class. If one of those qbs are still there the Bills will draft him.

Huh? The media doesn't undersell QBs. They do the exact opposite. QB hype is the money-maker.

Here's why: The plan is that Tyrod is going to be the guy for the future, but they aren't sure yet.

No. That really isn't the plan. If that was the plan and they really thought he was the guy for the future they don't void the final 2 years of his contract, make him take a massive pay cut and allow the deal to be escapable at the end of 2017.

No. That really isn't the plan. If that was the plan and they really thought he was the guy for the future they don't void the final 2 years of his contract, make him take a massive pay cut and allow the deal to be escapable at the end of 2017.

your wrong, let me tell you why.....

:lol:

Edited by Foxx

Huh? The media doesn't undersell QBs. They do the exact opposite. QB hype is the money-maker.

The list of teams visiting with, or working out the top QBs has skyrocketed. The Bengals even worked out Mahomes. This means that 11 out of the first 13 selections have possible QB selection in play.

After that there's Redskins, Giants, Texans, Chiefs, Steelers. This means it's a sellers market. Way too many teams need a QB. It's jumped two-fold because of all the aging QBs in the league. That means these QBs will get drafted much earlier than expected.

It's strange why the media isn't picking up on this. Maybe they're afraid of stepping away from the group think because this QB class doesn't have a clear cut order and they don't like that.

Edited by 1billsfan

Yep. I have a sneaky suspicion that the league might be a tad higher on these Quarterbacks than the draft "experts" and mock drafters.

Just saw that the Bears are looking closely at QB. I am starting to think none of the QB's I want will be available at ten.

Nah. Trading back is the best strategy, if they have someone to trade with. Draft Trubisky if he's there at 15 or 20. Maybe. I think Tru will be gone.

I say wait and trade up for Darnold, Allen or Rosen next year. Next year potentially three Day 1 starters come to the NFL. Bills are in full rebuild mode now. Every top pick has to be super solid at this point. No reaching. No wishing. Repeat after me: "tank for Sam" and watch USC games all year.

Edited by jmcraig44

Just saw that the Bears are looking closely at QB. I am starting to think none of the QB's I want will be available at ten.

Don't forget that the Browns have a boatload of picks to deal ahead of the Bills from #12.

I'm also thinking that Watson, Trubisky and Mahomes will be gone by #10. I just don't see the Bills trading up because they don't have that many picks to begin with. So at least if that happens a prime draft prospect will be there that they could either take or they could trade back and get a great deal. The best scenario then would be to trade back with a team wanting a top 5 player that fell to #10 for a 1st rd 2018 pick and a 3rd or 4th this year. Two #1s in 2018 would give the Bills a great opportunity to finally find their franchise QB.

Edited by 1billsfan

Yes.

Right on man, a big YES from me.

Bills have no franchise worthy QB on the team. We do have a huge project behind Tyrod but that project don't look any better then Whaleys other project he had in Brown who is now out of the league. I imagine Whaley won't take one at 10 and then miss out on the better prospects once again to land another late round project just to put us in the exact same spot in a few seasons when they all get fired. So I think they will build around Tyrod like they did with Fitz and end up with the same exact fail, no playoffs, 7-9, a cordinator fired year one and a team that still has no potential franchise worthy QB in sight. Whaley is what he is a QB purgatory enabler. I want a QB drafted at 10 but doubt it will happen since Whaley has no idea how to fix the problem we had when Whaley was hired that he said he was going to make a priority to fix. In Whaleys own words, "QB purgatory".

Right on man, a big YES from me.

Bills have no franchise worthy QB on the team. We do have a huge project behind Tyrod but that project don't look any better then Whaleys other project he had in Brown who is now out of the league. I imagine Whaley won't take one at 10 and then miss out on the better prospects once again to land another late round project just to put us in the exact same spot in a few seasons when they all get fired. So I think they will build around Tyrod like they did with Fitz and end up with the same exact fail, no playoffs, 7-9, a cordinator fired year one and a team that still has no potential franchise worthy QB in sight. Whaley is what he is a QB purgatory enabler. I want a QB drafted at 10 but doubt it will happen since Whaley has no idea how to fix the problem we had when Whaley was hired that he said he was going to make a priority to fix. In Whaleys own words, "QB purgatory".

I don't think it's Whaley's call. Sounds like the first year head coach gets to pick.

I don't think it's Whaley's call. Sounds like the first year head coach gets to pick.

If that's the case Whaley is dead man walking. GMs job to get the talent not a first year head coach. GMs have to look past current staff to set up a team for years not just this staff while the current staff just wants to win now they don't want to wait for a QB to be ready. Edited by xRUSHx

I think he gets to bring Pegula and McDermott coffee. If I were Doug I would quit.

All that money to bring coffee, I'd expect him to continue so he can get paid after he is fired like the last few head coaches.

All that money to bring coffee, I'd expect him to continue so he can get paid after he is fired like the last few head coaches.

Good point. Why not get paid to do nothing.

This organization should be looking forward. But I fear we are still looking backwards. Pegulas will want to prove they hired a better coach than Rex and I expect a Jauron style draft where we look to fill holes on the roster based on this year.

Good point. Why not get paid to do nothing.

This organization should be looking forward. But I fear we are still looking backwards. Pegulas will want to prove they hired a better coach than Rex and I expect a Jauron style draft where we look to fill holes on the roster based on this year.

That's what I'm think as well. The sad thing is they could have avoided the Rex comparisons but elected to keep Tyrod so now year one everyone will be expecting the coaches to be playoff bound year one since everyone blamed the coaches last season and not the team that failed. This staff is going to be on a real hot seat after year 1 if they fail to match Rex with Tyrod. No QB to take over year 2 will in my opinion have fans heckling the QB in training camp again, oh the good old days of a year 2 head coach trying to win with a QB not good enough. I hope for better days but expect the same old Bills with Whaley as GM.

That's what I'm think as well. The sad thing is they could have avoided the Rex comparisons but elected to keep Tyrod so now year one everyone will be expecting the coaches to be playoff bound year one since everyone blamed the coaches last season and not the team that failed. This staff is going to be on a real hot seat after year 1 if they fail to match Rex with Tyrod. No QB to take over year 2 will in my opinion have fans heckling the QB in training camp again, oh the good old days of a year 2 head coach trying to win with a QB not good enough. I hope for better days but expect the same old Bills with Whaley as GM.

Qbs only get heckled in camp when they tuck the ball and run when its cbs vs wrs ala Manuel.

Qbs only get heckled in camp when they tuck the ball and run when its cbs vs wrs ala Manuel.

The way the fans were screaming in the stands last season for Tyrod to throw the dam ball I'm thinking if this season ends in the same fail 2018 training camp could be a real ugly sight for this staff. Oh the Bills still wishing for a mircle season with some other teams backup as our starter.

I want them to select a QB prospect they think has a chance to be a FQB. I don't care where as long as the risk/reward is proportional to the pick spent.

Whaley always waits too long, could have had DaK.