Raiders Still Hoping for Fan Support(Bills Related)

JMF2006

So they are packing up and leaving Oakland for the Sun and Fun and Money in Vegas.

But ...... not for 2 or possibly 3 years.

Would you support the Bills in a lame duck situation such as this?

I would say screw you NFL and never watch again.

BTW I just heard Mark Silver just say no fan base has ever been screwed twice,has he got that short a memory? St Louis lost the Cardinals and the Rams.

So they are packing up and leaving Oakland for the Sun and Fun and Money in Vegas.

BTW I just heard Mark Silver just say no fan base has ever been screwed twice,has he got that short a memory? St Louis lost the Cardinals and the Rams.

That's true, but Oakland was screwed by the SAME team twice.

never..

I'm just glad Bills fans don't have to worry about this anymore.

I feel sorry for any loyal fan that has to watch their team get moved to another location.

If the City and State do not support money for a new stadium in a few years it could very well be a reality.

The Raiders are different, though. They are still the most popular NFL team in Los Angeles and they are one of the few franchises with a national following. This will be extremely successful for them. People from Oakland will look forward to an excuse to take a weekend trip to Vegas.

As a fan I would be very insulted if the team I was supporting chose to move to another city, but until that move actually happened, they still send me notices to re-new my season tickets.

Raiders fans are funny. They still continued to support the Raiders even when they moved to Los Angeles. Then they welcomed them back with open arms when they returned to Oakland. It was as if the move never happened.

Then Al Davis continued to screw over the fan base with Personal Seat Licenses.

This could be the last straw for Raiders fans in Oakland, but I don't know. They seem to remain loyal, no matter how much they get screwed over.

Edited by Mark Vader

The Raiders are different, though. They are still the most popular NFL team in Los Angeles and they are one of the few franchises with a national following. This will be extremely successful for them. People from Oakland will look forward to an excuse to take a weekend trip to Vegas.

Different take,

I get not losing popularity nationally and doing well in a new city,

On the other hand its doubtful in my humble opinion season ticket holders living in the city of Oakland share the same veiw.

With the Rams, Chargers, and now Raiders. Thank you Mr. Pegula. Any criticisms of you are just friendly suggestions although the tone may seem harsh especially after games. It's going to be UGLY in Oakland the next few years. Remember Cleveland fans tearing out the benches when they left for Baltimore. I could easily see that happening. Horrible move by the NFL. Why not send the Chargers there?

Different take,

I get not losing popularity nationally and doing well in a new city,

On the other hand its doubtful in my humble opinion season ticket holders living in the city of Oakland share the same veiw.

That will be most telling.

If I'm a Raiders fan, I would be furious and I would cancel my season ticket subscription.

It'll be interesting to see how many fans continue to show up on game day.

Mark Davis should consider never showing his face in Oakland ever again.

Also, maybe they should consider playing their games over in Berkeley where the California Golden Bears play.

With the Rams, Chargers, and now Raiders. Thank you Mr. Pegula. Any criticisms of you are just friendly suggestions although the tone may seem harsh especially after games. It's going to be UGLY in Oakland the next few years. Remember Cleveland fans tearing out the benches when they left for Baltimore. I could easily see that happening. Horrible move by the NFL. Why not send the Chargers there?

If Oakland couldn't get a stadium built to keep the Raiders, what would sending the Chargers into that same situation do?

It could happen. They could easily destroy the seats if they wanted too.

That would be a huge problem, since the Oakland Coliseum is the last of the Dual Sports Stadiums. The Oakland A's still play baseball there.

Like I said, they might want to move the games to Memorial Stadium over in Berkeley.

They are most certainly different.

They have a weird quality that will always allow them to represent Oakland, wherever they move to.

If the Bills moved, Bills fans would drop them FAST.

Winning the way the Raiders once did in Oakland is just something that their fans will always want to associate themselves with............Ralph and his Bills were loyal to the market...........there was no NFL-ready LA type market just down the road for them to move to though either ......but they never won a SB or sustained a high level of success thru QB/Coaching regime changes the way the Raiders did from late 60's until the mid 80's.

NO

What the hell happened? I thought this deal was totally dead about a month or two ago.............And, then only like Thursday or so, I saw Tim Graham tweeting that it's definitely going to happen.

What happened to that one guy pulling out - and killing the deal?

I would not support the Bills, or likely any team, in a lame duck situation such as this.

Also, a lot of people forget the Rams originated in Cleveland. So the Rams and the old Browns (now Ravens) both left Cleveland.

As a fan I would be very insulted if the team I was supporting chose to move to another city, but until that move actually happened, they still send me notices to re-new my season tickets.

Raiders fans are funny. They still continued to support the Raiders even when they moved to Los Angeles. Then they welcomed them back with open arms when they returned to Oakland. It was as if the move never happened.

Then Al Davis continued to screw over the fan base with Personal Seat Licenses.

This could be the last straw for Raiders fans in Oakland, but I don't know. They seem to remain loyal, no matter how much they get screwed over.

I couldn't imagine going through this and to make it worse going through it after you finally found a franchise QB.

If the City and State do not support money for a new stadium in a few years it could very well be a reality.

How is that? Are they going to FORCE the Pegulas to SELL??? You do know that a single owner can not own franchises in different locations.

Said earlier in a thread that I'll turn in my seasons when the Pegula$ ask for my money (socialized debt, privatized profit) to help them build a stadium so I would clearly run, not walk away from them if they decided to move. The idea of spending one cent on the Bills knowing they were moving would be asinine.

See the difference between the Bills asking getting a handout and SolarCity is, I don't do business with SolarCity nor can I realistically move from this region that hands the money out. And if I could or did, it'd be to another place that does the same. But I can stop supporting people who makes billions and the government hands my money to.

How is that? Are they going to FORCE the Pegulas to SELL??? You do know that a single owner can not own franchises in different locations.

Why would they need to sell?

You don't need to sell to relocate.

I am just speculating that if the NFL billionaires club doesn't get their way and get a publicly funded stadium in Buffalo the Pegs could pull the plug.

I don't like to see any teams move and feel for the fans of Oakland. It will be a mess the next 2 years until they find a home.

From a football view, this likely will be a negative impact on the Raiders performance on the field. It was tough for the Browns, Oilers and Rams as a team no longer has a true home field advantage.

No f'n way. I would be done with the NFL except playoff games. Pretty much am done with them anyway except Bills games and the playoffs which, unfortunately, are mutually exclusive these days.

The Bills will leave Buffalo. The only chance we have is to un-ban the fan owned model. I've written this a million times in a million threads.

The Green Bay Model or Toronto is the best relocation we can hope for!

And you've been wrong a million times, I guess. The only chance we have is a local multi-billionaire buying the team to go with his locally owned hockey team who really doesn't care how much money he spends on the team or the facilities because, you know, drill more wells or something. Oh, yeah, that already happened.

I could not believe our Bill's would ever move. I was so happy when the team was purchased by our Pegs and I actually had tears in my eyes. 71 and crying. I could never support a team that relocated. Pure greed. That is what our country is becoming. How much more money can these owners want? Oakland was my Old AFL west coast team after our Bill's. A pure shame. Very sad!

That's right. Pegula has voted in favor of all the recent relocations.

It's only a matter of time that the NFL will come demanding a very publicly funded stadium in Buffalo like they got in Las Vegas.

Maybe Terry will put up his own money, but I'll be surprised. Then the question is, do you want your taxes spent on a new stadium?

I feel bad for the fans but respect the cities that have said no. Sports are great, but hardly essential.

No f'n way. I would be done with the NFL except playoff games. Pretty much am done with them anyway except Bills games and the playoffs which, unfortunately, are mutually exclusive these days.

And you've been wrong a million times, I guess. The only chance we have is a local multi-billionaire buying the team to go with his locally owned hockey team who really doesn't care how much money he spends on the team or the facilities because, you know, drill more wells or something. Oh, yeah, that already happened.

Mark... One day... Terry (and even Kim) will die. You think we'll get lucky again?

Oh, the scare tactics begin again. Well, leave and find another sucker state to pay your fare.

Edited by Radar

Mark... One day... Terry (and even Kim) will die. You think we'll get lucky again?

Yeah...and one day the sun is going to engulf the Earth so every city will lose their team I guess. Maybe it's better to just focus on the next 20, 30, 40 years, don't you think?