Bills Showing Interest in Josh Gordon?

They are talking about this year...

...so I doubt anyone will be finding a QB of the future. Despite some (loud) peoples opinions, this draft class is pure garbage and should be avoided like the plague. You don't overdraft and reach for crap QB (just like EJ), when there are real players left. When the draftniks all say there are no QBs this year worth a 1st round grade that is all I have to hear. Pass.

That does not go for later round guys, if they do want to draft a QB you gotta wait and pickup the scraps. I can't even imagine them "pulling an EJ" again this year knowing the odds are against you. I know we haven't had a QB for awhile, but we can't let instant gratification frick us over again at QB.

I find that last sentence quite ironic, as you're basically saying that you're against instant gratification, but you're also against taking a QB to groom behind Taylor.

Bottom line with QBs is this: if there's a guy that you feel can be a franchise QB, and you don't have a guy in the fold who you know is a franchise QB, then you pick the QB.

It's that important.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are talking about this year...

...so I doubt anyone will be finding a QB of the future. Despite some (loud) peoples opinions, this draft class is pure garbage and should be avoided like the plague. You don't overdraft and reach for crap QB (just like EJ), when there are real players left. When the draftniks all say there are no QBs this year worth a 1st round grade that is all I have to hear. Pass.

That does not go for later round guys, if they do want to draft a QB you gotta wait and pickup the scraps. I can't even imagine them "pulling an EJ" again this year knowing the odds are against you. I know we haven't had a QB for awhile, but we can't let instant gratification frick us over again at QB.

Cause Draftniks said they are right? LOL

You believe everything you read on the internet?

To the post: I woud absolutely take a swing on Gordon for the right price. High reward = low risk

Edited by Real McCoy

I'd be very okay with trading draft positions for Gordon, as long as he's the icing and less the value, a 10 for 12, their 3rd and Gordon, makes sense. Gordon needs a better organization to play for, Buffalo is that (hard to believe sometimes)

This doesn't remove the need for a WR for Buffalo, but it helps. At 12, I'd consider trading down again, Tampa might want to move up 7 spots to get the RB they desire...why not add a 2nd round pick too.

If we ended the weekend with

The 19th pick

2 2nd round picks

2 3rd round picks

We could get, the TE, Safety, Corner, LB and OT we need (all top 100 talents)and still get Josh Gordon.

I think that would be a slam dunk draft.

THIS!!!!!

You think Cleveland would give up, for our #10, their #12, 3rd round pick AND Gordon? Buffalo may be a better organization than cleveland, but so is every other team in the league right now. Doesn't say much , does it? We have our share of drug suspensions too.

If it means Arizona can't, they might, there's too much uncertainty with Gordon to not and the 3rd round pick serves as value.

Why don't we just say this is understood whenever Bills fans mention FAs?

Kickin the can for a bargain. Thrifty.

Aint my money. lets get two !

I would be interested In Josh Gordon for real as a Buffalo Bill

I'd be very okay with trading draft positions for Gordon, as long as he's the icing and less the value, a 10 for 12, their 3rd and Gordon, makes sense. Gordon needs a better organization to play for, Buffalo is that (hard to believe sometimes)

This doesn't remove the need for a WR for Buffalo, but it helps. At 12, I'd consider trading down again, Tampa might want to move up 7 spots to get the RB they desire...why not add a 2nd round pick too.

If we ended the weekend with

The 19th pick

2 2nd round picks

2 3rd round picks

We could get, the TE, Safety, Corner, LB and OT we need (all top 100 talents)and still get Josh Gordon.

I think that would be a slam dunk draft.

Lot of jumping you do Frogger !

Nicely organized fantasy you have here.

Thats would be slam dunkish

:thumbsup:

Josh Gordon has the talent to be our #1 WR.. Even if Sammy IS healthy. It's not often a player of his caliber is available and from what we've seen/heard, he is in shape and motivated to play. If I were the Bills Brass, after losing Woods and Goodwin, I'd make this a priority. We've whiffed on so many picks that I could care less what we have to sacrifice to make this happen. IF ( and I understand this is a BIG If) he comes back to the caliber of WR we saw when he led the league, we won't have to panic when deciding whether we should keep Sammy when his contract runs out. Asked to choose between a healthy Gordon or Sammy (healthy of mind and body). I'd choose Gordon all day. IMO, doing whatever we need to do to get him is a necessity.

We drafted Goodwin in the third, we're starved for WR. Doubt we'd find as impactful of a player at this position in this years draft. So yeah, if it took a 3rd, I'd do it too.

If he is reinstated he has likely got his act together after all this.

Must be pretty dedicated to the game to get past his "troubles"

I would consider it at least as a starting point for talking to them

I find that last sentence quite ironic, as you're basically saying that you're against instant gratification, but you're also against taking a QB to groom behind Taylor.

Bottom line with QBs is this: If there's a guy that you feel can be a franchise QB, and you don't have a guy in the fold who you know is a franchise QB, then you pick the QB.

It's that important.

Can we put this poster up over Whaley's desk?

He's under contract for two more years with the Browns. Expected to part ways, Hue even outright said they will. I assume they haven't cut him yet because they still think he may have some trade value. It's been floated that they could trade him along with a 4th to the Bills to move from 12 to 10, but that's not from a credible source and won't happen unless he's reinstated. As you may recall, he was on the brink of reinstatement last year and voluntarily chose to enter rehab instead for alcohol. Now, he's still technically still suspended but reportedly in very good shape. We shall see.

We drafted Goodwin in the third, we're starved for WR. Doubt we'd find as impactful of a player at this position in this years draft. So yeah, if it took a 3rd, I'd do it too.

For all of Goodwin's faults....injury prone....lack of size.....etc

He still is a better bet then this guy for the fact that he probably would not be on the field for us for the full year do to some personal bs......i would not give up more then a 5th for this guy

For all of Goodwin's faults....injury prone....lack of size.....etc

He still is a better bet then this guy for the fact that he probably would not be on the field for us for the full year do to some personal bs......i would not give up more then a 5th for this guy

Agreed. 5th or lower.

Bottom line with QBs is this: if there's a guy that you feel can be a franchise QB, and you don't have a guy in the fold who you know is a franchise QB, then you pick the QB.

It's that important.

The main reason we've had QB issues for most of the existence of this franchise is because of seeking instant gratification by drafting players that are perceived as plug and play.......hence the very high amount of RB's and DB's this team has taken early.

Having that organizational will-power to draft QB's in round 1 has been almost non-existent...........literally never selected one with their originally slotted first round pick in ANY draft........always trying to shortcut at the top position.

Why does a 3rd round pick make you laugh your ass off? I mean, I know he's no Kelvin Sheppard or anything...

Bc theyre expected to flat out release Gordon. Gordon has played 5 games in 3 YEARS. Why not a 2nd round pick? Why stop at a 3rd?

Edited by bobobonators

Bc theyre expected to flat out release Gordon. Gordon has played 5 games in 3 YEARS. Why not a 2nd round pick? Why stop at a 3rd?

....and reports are Coach Hugh is throwing in the towel...probably waiting for reinstatement decision to see if there is any trade interest....

If you count back to college, this talented kid has been in trouble with drugs 9 times. Why are we even talking about him? McDermitt would never consider a character issue guy like him.

I agree. I highly doubt the mentioned interest is legit.

If you count back to college, this talented kid has been in trouble with drugs 9 times. Why are we even talking about him? McDermitt would never consider a character issue guy like him.

I know it's a time honored tradition on TSW to wrongly think that you have the new coach's mind figured out......or simply that he MUST see things exactly like you do because, you know, they fired the OTHER guy because he didn't see things as you do.

But there is absolutely no indication whatsoever that he wouldn't strongly consider a character risk.

Where do you guys come up with this stuff? Is it because he's "faith based"? :lol:

I know it's a time honored tradition on TSW to wrongly think that you have the new coach's mind figured out......or simply that he MUST see things exactly like you do because, you know, they fired the OTHER guy because he didn't see things as you do.

But there is absolutely no indication whatsoever that he wouldn't strongly consider a character risk.

Where do you guys come up with this stuff? Is it because he's "faith based"? :lol:

For me, somewhat yes (not the faith based part but him valuing high character, versatile players. It's a perception derived from the things the coach has mentioned at the forefront of his direction for the team, along with the Pendulum swing the organization may take in this aspect), considering under Rex they took some extra chances on troubled type guys. Can't speak for the other poster, but most every thing I "Come up with" is due to the clues and facts provided along with logical assumptions based on all the available information.

Edited by 34-78-83

For me, somewhat yes (not the faith based part but him valuing high character, versatile players. It's a perception derived from the things the coach has mentioned at the forefront of his direction for the team, along with the Pendulum swing the organization may take in this aspect), considering under Rex they took some extra chances on troubled type guys. Can't speak for the other poster, but most every thing I "Come up with" is due to the clues and facts provided along with logical assumptions based on all the available information.

So what you're saying is that McDermott's faith based approach is "fire and brimstone," rather than "love others as I have loved you?"

That's exactly what I expected to hear.........."McDermott would never consider a character issue guy".......because of some hot air he blew at his intro PC.

All we know about McDermott was that he was a lukewarm HC candidate with modest success as an NFL DC.

That's it........we have no idea what kind of head coach he will be.

If you want to look at his background, that was with the team that took the chance on the most polarizing character risk the NFL had ever seen......Michael Vick........and a team that hung onto Greg Hardy as long as possible.

I think it would benefit the mental health of the fanbase if they just realized that this guy is a complete unknown........the whole "faith based" angle works any way you want it........he can use it to justify giving guys another chance the way Tony Dungy would just as easily as using it as a rationale for acquiring "faith based" players etc..

That's exactly what I expected to hear.........."McDermott would never consider a character issue guy".......because of some hot air he blew at his intro PC.

All we know about McDermott was that he was a lukewarm HC candidate with modest success as an NFL DC.

If you want to look at his background, that was with the team that took the chance on the most polarizing character risk the NFL had ever seen......Michael Vick........and a team that hung onto Greg Hardy as long as possible.

I think it would benefit the mental health of the fanbase if they just realized that this guy is a complete unknown........the whole "faith based" angle works any way you want it........he can use it to justify giving guys another chance the way Tony Dungy would just as easily as using it as a rationale for acquiring "faith based" players etc..

...NEVER thought Belichick would but he seems to have the knack to pick HIS spots and make it work.....do we really know what McCoach may or may NOT do yet?............

1000x this.

It's astounding how many posters in the "changes to the FO" thread want to turn the entire franchise (GM, personnel duties) over to McD when the guy hasn't even been HC for a single game yet.

Regardless of what anyone thinks about Whaley, we don't even know if McD can handle basic HC stuff like clock management and replay calls, let alone the additional responsibility of building the roster.

Typical Bills fans though, we can never have more than one nice thing. Looking back over the past 15 years, and if you want to give McD the benefit of the doubt, then the current team of Whaley/Monos/McD might be the best FO staff we've had in a long time (not saying much, I know, but still). Keep them all together. Let them have varying opinions and disagreements as they hash out how to build for the best. It's ok if they dont agree on everything. That can actually be a good thing.

But I digress... Let's wait and see on McD before we crown him anything.

I don't think Gordon is McD's type of player but it is possible that he's changed his attitude and approach as his career hangs by the thinnest of threads at only 25 yrs old. So it's possible that he would accept a low risk move to acquire him (conditional low round pick for example) IF he is reinstated to see if he is indeed worth a roster spot not only from ability but from a commitment standpoint. If he's not, cut him and move on. If he proves himself worthy to play for the team, both on and off the field it's a major win. It's different than giving a huge FA contract or using a 1st round pick on a character risk. Imo

Edited by YoloinOhio

So the guy who wrote the article decided the Bills have interest?

The title is misleading since it is just what the author wants to happen. Their is no mention of interest.

I don't know why you guys do things like that just for the clicks

What's wrong with reading piece that catches someone's interest and then deciding if it is likely legitimate.

This place is becoming overloaded with increasingly bizarre (and clearly contradictory) attitude toward the media.

I don't think Gordon is McD's type of player but it is possible that he's changed his attitude and approach as his career hangs by the thinnest of threads at only 25 yrs old. So it's possible that he would accept a low risk move to acquire him (conditional low round pick for example) IF he is reinstated to see if he is indeed worth a roster spot not only from ability but from a commitment standpoint. If he's not, cut him and move on. If he proves himself worthy to play for the team, both on and off the field it's a major win. It's different than giving a huge FA contract or using a 1st round pick on a character risk. Imo

Is it tampering to be in communication with Gordon right now ?

See where his head is at? Maybe motivate him to stay focused on a return to the NFL via Bills?

A man has to have a reason. McD should give him one since his Coach has seemingly closed the door.

Richie got motivated.