Lorenzo back on a 2 year deal

So you have Preston in the Middle and LoRax at WILL, where do you have Ragland? The bench? Rotating in? I don't see it

I had Preston at MLB, Ragland at SAM, and Lo as a situational pass rusher (maybe not necessarily with his hand in the dirt) and ST ace.

Edit: With WILL still needing to be addressed.

Edited by Mikie's Bills

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if the coaches think differently than you do? I'm guessing since they signed him, they think he can help whatever 'scheme' they use. I think fans like saying the word 'scheme' , makes them sound smart.

it's like salsa....people love saying salsa

But if we sign Manziel on the other hand...

right

Well, to be fair to Zo and the Rex's system detractors the dude did get 8 solo tackles and an interception against the best in a game without Rex.

I know it was the pro bowl but it shows he can deliver without Rex.

I guess I'm pretty ok about the move. If he shows even half of the production I'll be pretty annoyed if he's on special teams like some are insisting here.

Guy got injured on special teams when he was the sack leader of the nfl. You don't pay a 34 year old guy over 4mil a year to play the most dangerous plays in the entire game.

Edited by likei've

Interesting, most believe Ragland would play SAM this season..

and he still might. But with all this versatility, we can line up alot of folks all over the place. I sure hope we get a good WLB in here.McD needs that skills set in particular. We got big time TE's to cover....

Good news, but I'm a little surprised that Z. Brown wasn't prioritized over Lo due to the change in scheme/age/etc.

I assume he'd be a rotational pass rusher and ST guy mainly? And not a LB?

My guess is that McDermott looked at the digitally rendered video (is that better, Scott) of the last handful of games last season and came away thinking Brown isn't his type of player. We need players with foxhole mentalities, regardless of the game or season situation. Players willing to bleed for their teammates, if nothing else. Sorry to over dramatize, but I get the impression football character is important to our new HC.

I had Preston at MLB, Ragland at SAM, and Lo as a situational pass rusher (maybe not necessarily with his hand in the dirt) and ST ace.

Edit: With WILL still needing to be addressed.

i agree with this 100%

I'll take Lorenzo Alexander on my team anytime. Wish we had more like him.

bingo!

I love the singing

Though I agree it is unlikely that he will replicate 2016 in a new system or have as many snaps

Still I see him being an depth asset as an OLB, ST, and playing on 3rd downs

Look both Zack and Lorax were brought in as depth

Zack become a starter when Ragland went down

Lorax ended up subbing in for Lawson

However when Lawson came back snaps were taken way from both Hughes and Lorax

Right now our starting LB's in the 4-3 are P Brown, Ragland, and Lorax, and one of Brown/Ragland are kicking outside

I gotta think we're not finished here, that Lorax is the 4th rotational sub

And are still looking at Zack or the draft for a young rotational 1st and 2nd down OLB starter

jc

and he still might. But with all this versatility, we can line up alot of folks all over the place. I sure hope we get a good WLB in here.McD needs that skills set in particular. We got big time TE's to cover....

This is shaping up to be one slow-ass defense.

$4.5M/year is starter money. Lo plays the SLB, Preston in middle, and Ragland at Will? Doesn't make alot of sense. Maybe we'll add a speedy WLB, but then who rides the pine? probably Preston.

I still don't know what D McD is trying to build.

$4.5M/year is starter money. Lo plays the SLB, Preston in middle, and Ragland at Will? Doesn't make alot of sense. Maybe we'll add a speedy WLB, but then who rides the pine? probably Preston.

Nice first post. I'm wondering where the speed will come from too ...

I love the singing

Though I agree it is unlikely that he will replicate 2016 in a new system or have as many snaps

Still I see him being an depth asset as an OLB, ST, and playing on 3rd downs

Look both Zack and Lorax were brought in as depth

Zack become a starter when Ragland went down

Lorax ended up subbing in for Lawson

However when Lawson came back snaps were taken way from both Hughes and Lorax

Right now our starting LB's in the 4-3 are P Brown, Ragland, and Lorax, and one of Brown/Ragland are kicking outside

I gotta think we're not finished here, that Lorax is the 4th rotational sub

And are still looking at Zack or the draft for a young rotational 1st and 2nd down OLB starter

jc

Isn't Mychal Kendricks from the Eagles available for a trade? Would he be a fit?

......yup....let's go back to Dopey Dickey Jauron's defense, the "heavyweights".....which Tasker eloquently categorized their style of effective play as, "like bugs hitting your windshield".....

I don't know his plans for this D, but speed should and will be addressed. I see Zo being used in obvious blitzing downs and certain sub-packages. But I'm not sold that he's automatically our starting Sam,or any other lb'er. I think it's either draft a Wlb,and put P Brown in the middle,with Rags at sam,or roll with Brown at Weak,Rags in the middle,and find a Sam in the draft.Zo comes off the bench in certain situations. Just my take on it anyway.. Edited by BuffAlone