Lorenzo back on a 2 year deal

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news, but I'm a little surprised that Z. Brown wasn't prioritized over Lo due to the change in scheme/age/etc.

I assume he'd be a rotational pass rusher and ST guy mainly? And not a LB?

Given that Brown hasn't signed with anyone yet, I have no doubt that he's pricing himself out of the current market. But good to have Zo back.

Given that Brown hasn't signed with anyone yet, I have no doubt that he's pricing himself out of the current market. But good to have Zo back.

Hightower hasn't signed anywhere either. Linebacker isn't a "premier" position where someone is going to blow a 2nd tier guy away just to make sure they get him, it's very possible Zach is waiting to see if Hightower can set the market for him.

......Graham could end up coming back.....32 in July.....would you do it at vet minimum+?.................

Depending on how the draft and the rest of FA shakes out, absolutely I'd bring him back. Even if he doesn't start at the vet min he would be very good depth.

This is god IMO. Guy has been with a few different teams playing different positions. I think he finally found his calling card with the LB position. Glad to have him back.

I like LoRax and all, but I'm not sure he's the divine being

Glad to have the Lorax back and on an affordable deal. His precense on special teams and in the locker room will give us a competitive edge. At 33 he will be coming to work with a no-nonsense attitude and hopefully be the leader we all expect of him. Can he repeat as a sack master? Probably not, but I'm still happy to have him on this team.

Depending on how the draft and the rest of FA shakes out, absolutely I'd bring him back. Even if he doesn't start at the vet min he would be very good depth.

....agree....good point.......maybe Lorenzo talks him into a "hometown discount"....stay tuned...............

I'm mixed about this signing.

Love his character and no doubt he had a great season last year. I'm just worried how he will fit into McDermott's scheme.

I hope he wasn't just a product of the Ryan system.

He'll be versatile, which seems to be what we are focusing on. I think he'll mainly play SAM. He's surprisingly athletic in space

I like LoRax and all, but I'm not sure he's the divine being

Well, I mean he was brought in last year for depth anyways I believe, he still can be very useful as far as LB depth goes.Still hoping to see great things from Ragland also. I'm sure they are probably going to look a a few more LBs too. But Zo showed he can start and hold it down for the most part so obviously if he gets outplayed in camp he will be useful for depth.

Not crazy about this I think he thrived in a system, for gods sake Maybin recorded 5 sacks in Hex's scheme

Maybin's numbers were coverage sacks. I don't think our secondary was responsible for many coverage sacks last year.

Good news, but I'm a little surprised that Z. Brown wasn't prioritized over Lo due to the change in scheme/age/etc.

I assume he'd be a rotational pass rusher and ST guy mainly? And not a LB?

He is a young 33....mostly special teamer and part-time role player, plus he takes excellent care of himself, so I wouldn't be too concerned over that...

I'm mixed about this signing.

Love his character and no doubt he had a great season last year. I'm just worried how he will fit into McDermott's scheme.

I hope he wasn't just a product of the Ryan system.

Let me get this straight.

McDermott isn't worried about how he will fit into his scheme, but you are?

Do you somehow have better knowledge about McDermott's scheme than he does himself?

Edited by matter2003

Ragland is classic MLB, IMO. I just don't know how Preston fits in... I don't think he's nearly athletic enough for WILL

Ragland was drafted to be a 3-4 ILB. Remains to be seen if he can stay on the field for all 3 downs.

Preston's best year came as the MLB in a 4-3. I think he starts the year in the middle.

i think they looked at browns work and weren't all they impressed. I doubt they bring him back regardless of asking price.

Ragland was drafted to be a 3-4 ILB. Remains to be seen if he can stay on the field for all 3 downs.

Preston's best year came as the MLB in a 4-3. I think he starts the year in the middle.

So you have Preston in the Middle and LoRax at WILL, where do you have Ragland? The bench? Rotating in? I don't see it

Just about as much as I think its bearable in terms of price. He isnt a fantastic scheme fit, but its clear that good character and leadership is valued by the new coaching staff, and he adds depth in the front 7 which is really lacking.

I wonder if the coaches think differently than you do? I'm guessing since they signed him, they think he can help whatever 'scheme' they use. I think fans like saying the word 'scheme' , makes them sound smart.

He is a young 33....mostly special teamer and part-time role player, plus he takes excellent care of himself, so I wouldn't be too concerned over that...

Let me get this straight.

McDermott isn't worried about how he will fit into his scheme, but you are?

Do you somehow have better knowledge about McDermott's scheme than he does himself?

It's crazy, isn't it?

Locker room guy, too

Overrated....it depends on his on field performance....tired of hearing about "locker room guys"

I get the feeling that -- with regard to Alexander's pass rushing success -- he was largely a beneficiary of the Rex Ryan system.

What the Bills WILL be getting for their money is a stud special teams player and a steady locker room and community presence.

If I'm not mistaken, the last time Alexander was in a 4-3 defense, he played OLB and not edge rusher. Will be interesting to see what he does in McDermott's D.

My gut feeling is that I feel the money could have been better spent elsewhere.

Why does this matter?