Lorenzo back on a 2 year deal

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Josina Anderson‏ @JosinaAnderson

LB Lorenzo Alexander is returning to the #Bills on a 2 year deal for $9M. 4.1M guaranteed.

Not too bad of a number

Seems a little high, but whatever.

Crazy how one good year in the NFL means you triple your salary.

Good news, but I'm a little surprised that Z. Brown wasn't prioritized over Lo due to the change in scheme/age/etc.

I assume he'd be a rotational pass rusher and ST guy mainly? And not a LB?

tough to say; but I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up playing some SLB. Setting the edge, covering flats and/or short zones. and 4.5 mil for a guy that hopefully can get us 10 +sacks would be a good deal

Less than his asking price

....guy was true to his word.......kudos.............

“I’ve been moving around a lot lately, so I really don’t want to go to a different team,” Alexander said, via ESPN.com. “I actually love Buffalo. I love that fan base. It’s a historic football city. So I would love to go back there. But at the end of the day, you know how this business works. It’s a lot of variables that can happen.”

I get the feeling that -- with regard to Alexander's pass rushing success -- he was largely a beneficiary of the Rex Ryan system.

What the Bills WILL be getting for their money is a stud special teams player and a steady locker room and community presence.

If I'm not mistaken, the last time Alexander was in a 4-3 defense, he played OLB and not edge rusher. Will be interesting to see what he does in McDermott's D.

My gut feeling is that I feel the money could have been better spent elsewhere.

Just about as much as I think its bearable in terms of price. He isnt a fantastic scheme fit, but its clear that good character and leadership is valued by the new coaching staff, and he adds depth in the front 7 which is really lacking.

Not for nothing, but he was 3rd in the league in sacks last year...on a defense that had a hard time making sure 11 guys were on the field.

Good to hear.

Played his socks off all year, including on Special Teams.

Looked like there were a couple of occasions where not only did he make the play on D to force a punt, but he then made the STs tackle, to prevent the return.

I think it is important to retain veterans like this. High character guy, good leadership skills, and he will show young guys how to be a pro. He played great last year, I thought he played even better when he was playing part time. The games where he was playing 80 snaps, was way too much for someone his age.

Special team captain and rotational pass rusher. Seems like we got a pretty good value.

I think he can get us 7 sacks next year.

Not for nothing, but he was 3rd in the league in sacks last year...on a defense that had a hard time making sure 11 guys were on the field.

I attribute that to scheme more than anything, I dont think he would come close to that again, but he at least offers a threat, and in different packages.

The Bills roster has been way too top heavy in recent years, build up the ranks with mid tier guys like this deal is critical

Edited by Mountain Man

Just about as much as I think its bearable in terms of price. He isnt a fantastic scheme fit, but its clear that good character and leadership is valued by the new coaching staff, and he adds depth in the front 7 which is really lacking.

That's my question, is he an end or a linebacker in McD's scheme? He seems pretty small for an end but I'm not sure he's got the speed to play linebacker in this scheme. Worst case we overpaid a good locker room, special teams, situational player. Best case the pass rushing chops hold up and we've got a nice value at a needed position.

That's my question, is he an end or a linebacker in McD's scheme? He seems pretty small for an end but I'm not sure he's got the speed to play linebacker in this scheme. Worst case we overpaid a good locker room, special teams, situational player. Best case the pass rushing chops hold up and we've got a nice value at a needed position.

I see his as sub package guy. No way is he an every down linebacker, but equally I agree about size for DE. But given base Ds are only played a portion of the time, I see plenty of chances in sub packages to be a good situational player.

Glad he's back,if for nothing else his leadership and professionalism. Fair price too. Maybe some FA's actually are not opposed to signing here,even at a "discount".another solid signing,but that don't leave much more cap. I hope we can get a RT soon and leave the rest to the draft

I see his as sub package guy. No way is he an every down linebacker, but equally I agree about size for DE. But given base Ds are only played a portion of the time, I see plenty of chances in sub packages to be a good situational player.

alot of versatility so far. I can't wait to see how the peices fit!

....guy was true to his word.......kudos.............

Ive been moving around a lot lately, so I really dont want to go to a different team, Alexander said, via ESPN.com. I actually love Buffalo. I love that fan base. Its a historic football city. So I would love to go back there. But at the end of the day, you know how this business works. Its a lot of variables that can happen.

yeah he really wanted to be here. Loved the area and schools for his family. He is McD's type of player. Glad it worked out for both sides!

I mean the guy had 12.5 sacks last year.