TYROD IS STAYING

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the obvious point is and has been for a long time, our defense is the reason we had a crappy season and we fired the coaching staff. Those with TT derangement syndrome have never been able to recognize that.

I think it's obvious that Rex's defense failed. I would also argue that was obvious to a lot of us before we brought in Rex.

I don't, however, think it's ever as simple as defense = bad, offense = good. I think there were several games where we needed an offensive spark and they produced crucial three-and-outs (multiple big games from last year).

I think Tyrod is an average/below average QB. He's probably our best option going into next season, BUT... if Cardale Jones is the only young QB on the roster our future is in trouble. You have to keep trying to plant trees. The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

As for drafting a QB, bringing back TT allows the Bills to address other needy positions such as WR, S, CB, and a LB that fits SM defense. We need to get starters In The draft at those positions in order to be successful next season.

What does successful next season mean to you?

Lets get a kicker that can kick worth **** and a defense with 11 guys on the field, then talk.

People just want the drought to be over. The problem is that once the drought is over, simply making the playoffs won't be good enough and it will be then that people won't be so content with having an average starting QB if we're barely getting into the playoffs and getting knocked out quickly.

Unfortunately, given what is available this is probably the best for this season and maybe next. Hopefully the Bills continue to attempt to find the "franchise" QB to start next year and beyond. We'll be in the same position in 2 years again. No franchise QB, too much cap space taken up by other positions with little to no cap space for the most important position on the field. All cheer mediocrity.

Yay for us and keeping an average at best QB. I cant wait to see what the numbers are and I still hope that the Bills do draft a QB in the first or 2nd round...Someone that can actually see the whole field and throw receivers open...and dont run when a receiver is wide open in the middle of the field.

I would say more than half the league is employing average at best QB and another 1/4 of the league is employing below average... Just not that many QB's that rise above the average line in this league, so if you have one you hold on till you find one better... Some Bills fans always seem to think ditching the average guy always results in a better option. How about keep the average guy and continue looking for improvements this time

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-qb-situations/

Edited by ddaryl

We'll pass on a QB in the draft. Taylor will be the same guy next year. We'll be "in the hunt" in November and out of it by December. McDermott will want to win meaningless games, and we'll win enough to not have the ammo to draft a good QB in next years draft. The drought will definitely hit the 20 year mark, and I bet it gets to 25. This is freaking awful. Just awful.

then don't watch

Tyrod, another high pick and Jones would be ideal.

Certainly not Hoyer and Jones as the two behind Tyrod.

Yes, absolutely. This offseason/draft will likely determine my opinion of Whaley. I've been mostly indifferent on him until now.

Good.

Don't like the news about Hoyer though. That for real? It would pretty much eliminate them taking a QB this draft and I don't like that.

There are still pieces to fall into place, but the ideal target is in next year's class.

It also could be a reflection of the scouting department's grades on this year's QB class as well as available FAs. Maybe they're comfortable enough with Tyrod to keep him for 2-3 years and draft a QB in '18 to add to the mix.

I still think this year's plan would be Tyrod, Cheap Vet, Cardale, then next year is Tyrod, Cardale, and Rookie in a free-for-all.

We ran up scores on bad teams, and the offense was a product of McCoy, not Taylor.

Speak the truth, like I said earlier it's good because it's the end of Whaley but sadly it's also the begining of the end of this new staff. 2019 cant come soon enough, going to be along 2 seasons.

I think it's obvious that Rex's defense failed. I would also argue that was obvious to a lot of us before we brought in Rex.

I don't, however, think it's ever as simple as defense = bad, offense = good. I think there were several games where we needed an offensive spark and they produced crucial three-and-outs (multiple big games from last year).

I think Tyrod is an average/below average QB. He's probably our best option going into next season, BUT... if Cardale Jones is the only young QB on the roster our future is in trouble. You have to keep trying to plant trees. The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

I still think Taylor was the only reasonable option they had. I believe they can make the playoffs with him, but the rest of the team needs to improve. I know he's not great, but he's capable of doing some nice things, maybe he will improve this year after a step back last season. We had a crappy head coach and 2 OC's last season. That can never be a good thing.

I am prepared for some bad football and can sit through a bad season. This decision shows that the Pegulas, Whaley, and the new coach got together and came up with a TERRIBLE football decision.

This team has no clue how to win, how to manage the cap, or to create a team.

I am prepared for some bad football and can sit through a bad season. This decision shows that the Pegulas, Whaley, and the new coach got together and came up with a TERRIBLE football decision.

This team has no clue how to win, how to manage the cap, or to create a team.

Yawn. I think it does exactly that. They got the best QB available, and are free to draft as many as they like to try to hit a home run. It's a perfect plan that allows you to win this season and for years to come.

And I think he can. In fact, I was ok with just picking up his option. I honestly think he gives us the best chance to win now, and you don't flush away the last year's with high cost free agents by dropping in someone from a dubious QB draft class.

My worry is if we want to move on next year. It would have been pricy next year, but we could have done it. If we lock in, I am worried.

On the other hand, the Rapp report makes me feel better. If his sources are saying that the new coaches wanted him all along but at a lower price tag, then they have a plan of what to do with him.

Pretty much exactly how I feel. I'm a little concerned this is too much of a half-measure, but hard to ignore that the defense, not Taylor, was the weak link the past two years.

I love the move, Taylor is probably in the 15-20 range for starting QBs, it is not smart to let a guy like that go. I still think it is possible to make the playoffs with a guy like Tyrod under center.

Saying that, I think the Bills view TT as a bridge QB (can't really ask for a better one). I still think they are targeting a QB in the draft. My guess would be Watson in round 1 or Evans in round 5.

then don't watch

God, I hate this. You're allowed to be upset at your team when they fail to make the playoffs for nearly 20 years. Some of us have groaned over the last few coaching hires and starting QB's. It's not about "being right". I would love to be wrong, but a lot these decisions are becoming mind-numbingly predictable.

Mind you, I do not think Whaley made the wrong decision here...I'm merely voicing my discomfort at the possibility that he may forego draft a QB with a top pick now.

I would say more than half the league is employing average at best QB and another 1/4 of the league is employing below average... Just not that many QB's that rise above the average line in this league, so if you have one you hold on till you find one better... Some Bills fans always seem to think ditching the average guy always results in a better option. How about keep the average guy and continue looking for improvements this time

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-qb-situations/

I get what you are saying, but I don't see Taylor as a top 20 QB. Yes he only threw 6 interceptions, but he left a lot of points off the board because his lack of seeing the entire field and afraid to throw the ball into coverage. I am sure, when Sammy is in, he can out play most other receivers and get the best of all CB, but Tyrod refuses to give him a chance unless he is wide open. With Tyrod we are wasting WR and TE talent, when they are healthy, because he cant get the ball to them. Granted, with the new regime and Kennison, that may change and they may be more balanced than run heavy. I don't have faith in Tyrod to bring us to a respectable place because he just isn't good enough.

Good move to lock up the best QB available. If we want to draft one at #10 I'm still all for it.

Now, all options are on the table.

yup! That's the way to do it,Whaley. Let's see how much cap that freed up.And if we draft a QB at ten,I'm ok as well. That would also save us from more cap room from signing Hoyer....

You don't have a clue.

If you watched last season you saw an offense that while falls asleep at times, scores points and makes big plays with a defense that couldn't stop a nose bleed.

Fix the defense, build on the offense. It's common logic. What is so hard to understand?

If it's common logic, why haven't they done it for so many years?