TYROD IS STAYING

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently, those of us who don't like this are dumb for thinking his inability to produce in clutch time is a problem.

The D sucked? YES!!!

The D is not going to be that much better this year due to it being new; It will take half a season minimum(!!!) for the players to be comfortable, probably more.

Also, we have some serious holes on that side of the ball.

Head coaches have a learning curve too. R.Rivera took four years to figure it out . MickeyD is not coming in here a finished product.

IMO ten is too high to draft whoever is left but unfortunately the QBs get over valued every year. I'd like to trade back and get more pick and get a QB later in the first but don't see them doing this.

I agree but I think this could be the first step to set up a trade but if they are stupid enough to go all in on Tyrod they better hope they do great or this new staff and Whaley are dead man walking in 2018. Tyrod is Tyrod so I don't expect any different, last staffs fail equaled a coordinator fired year one, same old Bills I agree I expect the drought hitting 20 sadly, but at least it gets Whaley out of here sadly it's a new coaching staff as well.

I know you're upset, but I think you're clinging onto an incredibly unlikely last string of hope. I don't think McDermott would have come out with that statement if he wanted Taylor traded...

What i find amusing is that people kept arguing how TT's salary was going to prevent us from being able to get players to win. Thats what we heard over and over and over again like a bat to the head from a select few.

Now his cap hit is going to be what? Like 25-28th in the League in 2017?

Named to the pro bowl back to back seasons. Almost a 3:1 Total Td/total turnover ratio (including fumbles and rushing tds) and we're getting him at a bottom of the barrel price tag.

Best move of the FA period so far right here.

Seriously. TT is not the savior but we have a solid starting caliber QB for peanuts basically. The guy wants to be in Buffalo and took a pay cut to do so. Look at the numbers being thrown around for Glennon and what Osweiler got. the Redskins have given Cousins $40+ guaranteed with no long term deal. QB money is nuts and we have a bargain that does not lock us into anything really.

What i find amusing is that people kept arguing how TT's salary was going to prevent us from being able to get players to win. Thats what we heard over and over and over again like a bat to the head from a select few.

Now his cap hit is going to be what? Like 25-28th in the League in 2017?

Named to the pro bowl back to back seasons. Almost a 3:1 Total Td/total turnover ratio (including fumbles and rushing tds) and we're getting him at a bottom of the barrel price tag.

Best move of the FA period so far right here.

Totally disagree. We are signing up for mediocrity for who knows how many more years. This is a passing league and teams need to take advantage of the passing rules. We were last in passing!!! You don't have to be a genius to figure out that we have NO shot with the team as currently configured.Just sad where we are as a franchise and will continue to be in purgatory as we will never be really bad, just bad enough to suck every year and miss the playoffs (6-10 for the forseeable future)

Apparently, those of us who don't like this are dumb for thinking his inability to produce in clutch time is a problem.

The D sucked? YES!!!

The D is not going to be that much better this year due to it being new; It will take half a season minimum(!!!) for the players to be comfortable, probably more.

Also, we have some serious holes on that side of the ball.

Head coaches have a learning curve too. R.Rivera took four years to figure it out . MickeyD is not coming in here a finished product.

IMO ten is too high to draft whoever is left but unfortunately the QBs get over valued every year. I'd like to trade back and get more pick and get a QB later in the first but don't see them doing this.

Stay strong. They will jump ship after Carr, Brady, Brady, Ryan, Brees, Rivers , Cam, Luck, and Jameis share the same field as him.

Weather it Til week 6. Then you will be in the clear.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

What other options did we have at Qb other than most likely an unwilling Tony Romo. This is a good deal we restructured and got a good deal at QB. Dennison has worked with Tyrod before. This is a good move.. we should be happy.

Seriously. TT is not the savior but we have a solid starting caliber QB for peanuts basically. The guy wants to be in Buffalo and took a pay cut to do so. Look at the numbers being thrown around for Glennon and what Osweiler got. the Redskins have given Cousins $40+ guaranteed with no long term deal. QB money is nuts and we have a bargain that does not lock us into anything really.

:thumbsup:

Same old Bills, we can expect the same fans screaming in the stands the exact same thing as last season, "throw the dam ball Tyrod". It's Fitz 2.0 with Whaley, he loves overpaying for other teams backups.

Sounds like you've been a fan for a long time. Also sounds like you'd be better off moving along. Kind of crazy to keep beating yourself over the head. Plenty of room on the Pats band wagon.

We'll pass on a QB in the draft. Taylor will be the same guy next year. We'll be "in the hunt" in November and out of it by December. McDermott will want to win meaningless games, and we'll win enough to not have the ammo to draft a good QB in next years draft. The drought will definitely hit the 20 year mark, and I bet it gets to 25. This is freaking awful. Just awful.

Yep. This is bad. Tyrod will not get better. He is what he is. We can still take a QB at number 10 though. I'm not ruling that out, but we will miss playoffs again.

I"m happy with this. If Taylor was average the alternatives were IMHO a shade below average (untested/unproven), and after hearing about Glennon's market value... I feel very comfortable with how the QB situation worked out for Buffalo this season

I know you're upset, but I think you're clinging onto an incredibly unlikely last string of hope. I don't think McDermott would have come out with that statement if he wanted Taylor traded...

Sadly I agree I was holding out hope that Whaley is the boss and things would change this season where he was going to address the QB position with urgency and not overpay once again for a backup but Sadly all I see is another staff telling Whaley we can win with this guy just to have the exact same Chan fail with Fitz. If this stands we need to fire Whaley I'm so done with his unwillingness to fix his own words when hired, had QB purgatory when hired and will have the same when he is fired.