Breaking News: Rex Ryan and Rob Ryan Fired

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a nice thought that Lynn is head coaching material. I would eliminate him based upon the Bush play in OT the other day. I believe that cost the Bills the game. I had absolutely zero faith that Carpenter would make that kick. Take away that Bush debacle and run something sensible, I think we would have won the game.

I say bring in Tom Coughlin. Give him the keys and let the party begin. No missed tackles under Tom Coughlin. He's tough. In fact, I'm just going to rename him Toughlin.

every coordinator will have a few of those moments. you cant kill him on one particular. its when they become too common that its an issue.

It's a nice thought that Lynn is head coaching material. I would eliminate him based upon the Bush play in OT the other day. I believe that cost the Bills the game. I had absolutely zero faith that Carpenter would make that kick. Take away that Bush debacle and run something sensible, I think we would have won the game.

I say bring in Tom Coughlin. Give him the keys and let the party begin. No missed tackles under Tom Coughlin. He's tough. In fact, I'm just going to rename him Toughlin.

Coughlin isn't coming. He would want control. Whaley has control. If Whaley is staying, Coughlin ain't coming.

Not saying I want this...but it is the path of least resistance for an organization that refuses to look at the sources of its true dysfunction.

I agree. Rex needed to go because he's a defensive coach who had a terrible defense. He was brought here to make a really good defense become dominant. He was supposed to be the perfect guy to help this team win without an elite QB. That being said, the coaching carousel continues, No one looks in the mirror to examine why mistakes keep being made. The organization need restructured to avoid these bad hires.

Letting Whaley lead the search is troublesome. Guy is an admitted scout junkie and I suggest limited in his skills and experience to properly select a coach. Again, hire a president of football ops to oversee the personnel staff and coaching staff. The idea you continue to have two "departments" overseen by an billionaire sports fan is just laughable. A hands on experienced owner who's been around the sport for life is capable of managing these staffs, Pegulas are not. And Whaley shouldn't have any power over the coach if he's in charge of personnel. Sorry, just bad organizational structure. Coach and GM should be equal partners with a president to report to.

It is kind of nuts that Whaley is conducting the HC search. After Marrone and Rex, you would have thought the Pegulas would retain a consultant to help with them the football side of things.

It has been widely reported that Rex wasn't Whaley's pick

The Bills have a lot riding on losing this week. The need to let Cardale play and increase their chances of losing. If they lose, they draft 9th. If they win, they could go all the way up to 19th. That's a HUGE difference. Rex was going to play Tyrod. Hence they had to make a move now instead of after the Jets game. Rex forced the Pegulas hand with his statement yesterday to play Tyrod.

Letting Whaley lead the search is troublesome. Guy is an admitted scout junkie and I suggest limited in his skills and experience to properly select a coach. Again, hire a president of football ops to oversee the personnel staff and coaching staff. The idea you continue to have two "departments" overseen by an billionaire sports fan is just laughable. A hands on experienced owner who's been around the sport for life is capable of managing these staffs, Pegulas are not. And Whaley shouldn't have any power over the coach if he's in charge of personnel. Sorry, just bad organizational structure. Coach and GM should be equal partners with a president to report to.

Very troublesome. Yet some wonder why things never change around here. Rex needed to go, but my hopes for the future will be modest until I see more changes made before hiring a new coach. Sadly, I don't see that happening.

The Bills have a lot riding on losing this week. The need to let Cardale play and increase their chances of losing. If they lose, they draft 9th. If they win, they could go all the way up to 19th. That's a HUGE difference. Rex was going to play Tyrod. Hence they had to make a move now instead of after the Jets game. Rex forced the Pegulas hand with his statement yesterday to play Tyrod.

Are the Bills the Browns now? Playing the games to intentionally lose? Wow. Just, wow.

All those too 10 picks over the last 16 years have really helped this team. I'm not worried about winning Sunday. Let's just make a good draft choice with what we get.

It is kind of nuts that Whaley is conducting the HC search. After Marrone and Rex, you would have thought the Pegulas would retain a consultant to help with them the football side of things.

This is probably the only reason why he is still left.

Russ pushed St. Doug, Russ and the Pegula's were in on Rex.

I think that in the Pegula's eyes he doesn't have to wear either of them around his neck. No more excuses after the next choice though. Win or bye bye.