Aaron Williams to IR

Lori Chase

@LChase_RA

Bills 2015-16, with Aaron Williams: 6-3, leading Miami when he went out. Without AW: 6-9 (including Miami) and counting.

I am usually quick on the update...but for the life of me cannot figure this stat out.

Someone help the slow one please?

I am usually quick on the update...but for the life of me cannot figure this stat out.

Someone help the slow one please?

Bills record with AW and their record without AW, over the last two seasons. Confirms what many have been saying about his importance to the D

You didn't learn to deliver a crack back block like that. Not in that fashion. And if you did, you were grossly mis-coached. That was a cheap shot, pure and simple; totally unnecessary because a well-executed block in the proper technique would have accomplished the same thing.

The only thing that he did that was super questionable was leave his feet. I'm not sure of the exact NFL rules but that block has been around for a long time.

It's awful and I feel terrible for Williams. But you are always supposed to have your head on a swivel. But if there was a rule change on this, I may have missed it.

The only thing that he did that was super questionable was leave his feet. I'm not sure of the exact NFL rules but that block has been around for a long time.

It's awful and I feel terrible for Williams. But you are always supposed to have your head on a swivel. But if there was a rule change on this, I may have missed it.

That wasn't the only thing that was questionable; he targeted the head.

Yes, crackback blocking has been around forever; I remember J D "crackback" Hill, whose blocking helped pave the way for many long OJ runs.

But not that kind of crackback blocking.

There is no way to justify that hit. None. It was completeley unnecessary. Cheap shots have no place in the game. Landry is a disgrace to the profession.

Yeah thats how i take it. Interesting that he brings it up, with Williams

It's an option for every player until they make use of it. If Sammy is only 90% but the offense comes alive and we are down two more safeties it might become the calculated choice

It might also be an attempt to deaden the talk of him being done forever even if he isn't expected by seasons end

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I wish him the very best. If this is it for him, best wishes and God bless you.

He will be greatly missed, just as much as last year.

I still cannot believe that there are people that actually thought that not having him on our team last year, was not that big of a deal.

As much as I like Aaron, he needs to hang them up

Couldnt agree more, make him or coach of some sort. I don't wanna see the kid get paralyzed. I love seeing him play and I think he is going to be a huge loss but id rather see the kid live life to the fullest.

It speaks to the degree of ineptitude we've had at safety that the loss of AW is being so bemoaned.

He stopped making plays in the secondary 3 seasons ago.

It was a relatively sensible signing at the time but it's funny that people are constantly yammering about what a bullet the Bills dodged with Jairus Byrd when AW has been AWOL or a placeholder for most of the time since he got his contract.

Perhaps the lesson is that when you put bad CB's at safety the physical toll might not be a fit for their body types.

Agreed. I like him too much as a guy who is a good player and really cares about this team to see him suffer an injury that could threaten more than his football career.

Time to put himself first.

He calls the plays for the back end and they seem to lack a leader without him.

The secondary without AW is a joke. You see a huge difference when he is not out there. Blanton sucks.

I'm not going to go back and read this whole thread, so pardon me if its already been asked, but doesn't putting Aaron on IR with a possibility to return mean we can't bring back Watkins and Shaq??? If so, that's a bad move by Whaley. I thought Shaq looked good last week.