It's EJ Time

Gugny

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No one here has yet explained to me how Taylor's escaped the same vitriol that was directed at previous bills QBs.

Has he? I don't see many people saying he's the long-term answer and calling for him to be given his huge contract. I see a bunch of people saying "best we've got/had for a while".

Has he? I don't see many people saying he's the long-term answer and calling for him to be given his huge contract. I see a bunch of people saying "best we've got/had for a while".

Yeah, he really has. For the most part, people haven't been TOO hostile to him, compared to say..EJ or JP Losman.

You people DO understand that our offensive line pass blocking wise is a miserable disaster, our receiving corps is made of GLASS, our best player on offense is also injured not to mention our defensive backs are absolutely disgusting, right?!

I believed in TT and still think he can improve. But, believing it less and less. The reasons/excuses you provide doesn't hold water with TT not being able to lead a receiver on throws under 20 yards, not seeing progressions and not looking to the right side of the field.

I believed in TT and still think he can improve. But, believing it less and less. The reasons/excuses you provide doesn't hold water with TT not being able to lead a receiver on throws under 20 yards, not seeing progressions and not looking to the right side of the field.

I'm expecting another horrid all-22 with open WRs and missed plays....

It's Cardale time. Let the rook get his feet wet in the regular season. I actually think this may happen if/when we are eliminated from playoff contention.

I agree at least elevate him to the back-up. EJ is out after this year (no since). Jones looked good in the preseason and we could have given him some garbage time yesterday. TT is a middle of the road QB, if we keep him he should be compensated as such. Also, never a bad idea to draft a I.E. QB Washington 1st round RG III six round they found their true starter in Cousins.

Sad. I liked EJ last preseason but did anyone watch the games he played last year?

Jones should only get snaps if TT is hurt and the playoffs are not possible.

Yeah I saw them. He played like a ALL-PRO in 4 out if the 8 qtrs., CFL player for 1 qtr., Avg NFL QB for 3 Qtrs. Sad thing about it is the could have won both games.

Enough excuses.

Tyrod is simply not a good QB.

I don't care if he was good in college. I don't care if we have injuries. I don't care that our defense sucks. I don't care if he was in the Pro Bowl.

All of those facts have nothing to do with his ineptitude.

He's not good.

He can't read a defense.

He holds the ball WAAAY too long.

He can't find open receivers.

When he finds them, he can't throw an accurate pass.

There is no such things as YAC, because he either throws behind them or the need to scoop them off of their shoelaces.

Captain Checkdown?? Schit, he's an Admiral.

I don't think EJ is a great QB, either. But he is better than Tyrod Taylor. Why not put a QB out there who gives us a better chance at winning, albeit not a lot better?

The only other option is to throw Cardale in, but that would be tanking the season and I don't want that.

This offense is embarrassing. It's pathetic. It's ineffective and it is absolutely no fun to watch.

And it all comes down to crappy play at the most important position on the field.

Tyrod needs to be benched and EJ should be the starter.

Go Bills.

"He's better than Tyrod'? That's certainly an opinion. But that's what the message board is about.

C'mon bruh, please don't start with this already man lol. Really?! EJ?! EJ is not better than Tyrod at anything. ANYTHING. The thing you're forgetting is that EJ had plenty of opportunity to keep his job. It didn't go away, he lost it. He's a turnover machine, you can expect at least 1 turnover every single game from EJ. Which means those one possession losses would be bigger and the games we won probably wouldn't happen either. There's no one on the field to throw to at this point and I put that more on the GM and coaching staff for totally ignoring the WR position.

Taylor has a 58.7% com. this year. and a 6.4 ave per att. Td% is at 3.9%. All below last years mark. All below EJ career marks , Witch by the way EJ only has 16 starts. Shouldn't Taylor be getting better the more games he plays instead of the other way around.He has more starts than EJ.and is getting worse. Taylor had 9 fumbles last year on 14 starts. Ej has 10 fumbles on 16 starts. Ej has more int, but that is because he is more of a gamer than Taylor . If Taylor needs 24 yards on third down and he can't get with his legs, he will check down instead of taking a chance down field . Rivers has 6 fumbles already this year. He had Three int. Sunday. That s because to win games when your behind, you got to throw down field. Take chances and trust your arm. If you check down you are not going to win. Yes it makes your stats look good because your playing it safe. But your not winning games that way. Thats why we lead the league in 3 and outs.

^This^ absolutely ^This^

Cardale is not ready to play at the NFL level and I would suggest he will never be very good at this level.

But he does represent fresh blood and we already know EJ sucks and that Tyrod's ceiling is low.

So get Cardale out there once things start to slip away, or if Tyrod goes down to injury. Playing EJ in that situation would be absurd.

Enough excuses.

Tyrod is simply not a good QB.

I don't care if he was good in college. I don't care if we have injuries. I don't care that our defense sucks. I don't care if he was in the Pro Bowl.

All of those facts have nothing to do with his ineptitude.

He's not good.

He can't read a defense.

He holds the ball WAAAY too long.

He can't find open receivers.

When he finds them, he can't throw an accurate pass.

There is no such things as YAC, because he either throws behind them or the need to scoop them off of their shoelaces.

Captain Checkdown?? Schit, he's an Admiral.

I don't think EJ is a great QB, either. But he is better than Tyrod Taylor. Why not put a QB out there who gives us a better chance at winning, albeit not a lot better?

The only other option is to throw Cardale in, but that would be tanking the season and I don't want that.

This offense is embarrassing. It's pathetic. It's ineffective and it is absolutely no fun to watch.

And it all comes down to crappy play at the most important position on the field.

Tyrod needs to be benched and EJ should be the starter.

Go Bills.

LEAD THE CHARGE GUGNY

Let me put it this way:

Tyrod Taylor has had a disappointing 2016 season.

Tyrod Taylor is still a better QB than EJ Manuel.

These two statements are not mutually exclusive.

Better athlete, but not better QB

I think the Bills have given up on finding an archetype QB. 6'4", 235, cannon arm, moves a little in the pocket. There are guys around with those measurements but when the Bills get one it turns out they can't read a defense, they can't move the team, they get hurt, whatever. There are maybe 10 really good QBs like that, tops, and the rest are strugglers or imposters. So the Bills tried something different.

Instead the Bills have a point guard whose job it is to dish the ball to the open guy and let him make plays, and by the way is also the best running QB in the league. Creative, out of the box, could work, if the top 5 skill guys could just not get hurt. Watkins and McCoy are elite talents, sitting and watching. Clay is above average in skill but what about that shoulder? Goodwin could be dangerous but averages more injuries than catches every year. Woods is a little above average as a #2 but isn't viable as a #1.. (Hogan is better than Woods but not worth $12M to the Bills.) (Karlos Williams really hurt the Bills. Last year's KW would be tearing it up this year but nooo.) Gillislee is average and every time he tries to go Shady we see how special Shady is.

So TT is TT. He isn't Brady, he isn't Big Ben, he isn't Luck. With the team the Bills built, he would be awesome. With the team the Bills actually send out on the field, he's going to be ineffective. Then again, with that team, so would Brady, Big Ben, and Luck.

You do realize that the Bills are 8th in the league in PPG right?

This board has officially gone off the rails. EJ does not do one thing better than Tyrod (not one). Now, if we want to get a new QB this offseason throw some guys out for discussion. That remains a possibility (although highly unlikely IMO). Tyrod will be the QB at least through 2017.

He does attempt to throw to the middle of the field and loves to target his TE.

Taylor has a 58.7% com. this year. and a 6.4 ave per att. Td% is at 3.9%. All below last years mark. All below EJ career marks , Witch by the way EJ only has 16 starts. Shouldn't Taylor be getting better the more games he plays instead of the other way around.He has more starts than EJ.and is getting worse. Taylor had 9 fumbles last year on 14 starts. Ej has 10 fumbles on 16 starts. Ej has more int, but that is because he is more of a gamer than Taylor . If Taylor needs 24 yards on third down and he can't get with his legs, he will check down instead of taking a chance down field . Rivers has 6 fumbles already this year. He had Three int. Sunday. That s because to win games when your behind, you got to throw down field. Take chances and trust your arm. If you check down you are not going to win. Yes it makes your stats look good because your playing it safe. But your not winning games that way. Thats why we lead the league in 3 and outs.

curious that you are willing to consider EJ's career numbers but not Tyrod's

EJ turns the ball over more because he is a "gamer" . Lol.

No.

Just because the Taylor-led Bills couldn't handle the Brady-led pats doesn't mean that they can't handle the rest of the NFL.

The Bills need to get healthy. Taylor needs his weapons back. He needs McCoy. He needs Watkins. He needs a healthy R. Woods and C. Clay.

Then let's see what happens.

How about the Fitz-led Jets? Or the Tannehill-led Dolphins?

As one of the few EJ fans left, he isn't starting. Too mistake prone but I definitely think he and Losman got judge a lot harsh than Tyrod.

I really don't think EJ could put less points on the board Tyrod (he averaged more points in his starts than Tyrod did last year). Probably is that he might give them points (of course he tries throws TT will never try).

It's Tyrod's year but besides taking care of the ball and his running ability, he is the same flawed qb we have had.

Ej came out in the S.F. game, and threw his only pass into the chest of a 49er. We were lucky that it wasn't a pick.

EJ has all of the physical tools, but he has a 10 cent brain, and ***NO GUTS*** whatsoever.

When he is not re-signed this off season, it will be addition by subtraction

EJ seems like a real nice guy. I never want to see him in a Bills uniform again.

He also led a td drive on his only drive against NE!

And how doesn't he have guts? He took a knee shot against Cleveland when he could have run out of bounds.

BUT EJ LED THEM ON A COMEBACK AGAINST THE JAGS LAST YEAR IN LONDON

Of course he put the team in that hole against a bottom feeder team, but he almost led them back for the win! He has to get another chance!

That game should have been a W....but for some ATROCIOUS officiating

BUT EJ LED THEM ON A COMEBACK AGAINST THE JAGS LAST YEAR IN LONDON

Of course he put the team in that hole against a bottom feeder team, but he almost led them back for the win! He has to get another chance!

Tony Romo threw 5 ints and won a game. But he gets no credit for leading them back.

I'm honestly at the point where I'd like to see more ints from Tyrod instead of this scared to throw the ball, high school passing "attack" we have.

EJ turns the ball over more because he is a "gamer" . Lol.

yes he is a gamer. I think he is. He showed me that in the game overseas. That game we were behind because of him, But he didn't get down on himself. He played good enough in the end to win that game. Took chances and threw down field. I know you are going to say well if he played better in the beginning ,we wouldn't been in that place begin with and you would be right. We came back and and the defense brought us the go ahead T.d. But if McCoy didn't fumble trying to score at the one in the second half, witch was a throw from E.J that would've won that game. You can't be mad at McCoy because he tried to score and it happen . That score could've won that game,Defense scored would,ve gave us two TD lead. Like Rivers yesterday threw 3 int. and still slinging down field. SD almost won there game. Our starting QB know checks down on third down if he can;t run for it, and then we fall behind on three and outs and tires our defense out . Hes not turning the ball over, but were not scoring either.

I swear people don't really watch this team.

And I know it's true when I read things like "this OL is a pass blocking disaster".

Um, Taylor has the longest snap-to-release time in the NFL (for the 2nd year in a row by the way). He creates pressure by not stepping into the pocket and rolling away from it.

That said, we've seen EJ and he isn't the answer either.

If you are ready to sacrifice the season already, then the ball should go to Cardale.

I hope you are kidding. Cardale is no where near an NFL QB and, in my opinion, never will be. That was a wasted pick for the Bills. I can't name the last QB that came out of Ohio St that made it in the NFL as a QB.

If the Bills had a healthy Watkins, McCoy, Woods, etc and Tyrod was still struggling the way he has been, then I might also be on board with giving Manuel another shot.

But putting EJ in there right now would accomplish nothing but create continuity problems, and do so with only a minimal chance of seeing any improvement in the offense.

I think it's just too much risk without enough reward.

As for Cardale, let's just say that he is nowhere near ready to manage an NFL offense, even one in it's simplest, most basic form.

I think the Packers are an excellent example of what you are arguing. Lacking Jordie Nelson, AR looked progressively (relatively) poor. Lacking a good running game this year, he has also struggled at times. The talent around a QB matters. Buffalo was running with a preseason lineup out there at most skill positions.

I think the Packers are an excellent example of what you are arguing. Lacking Jordie Nelson, AR looked progressively (relatively) poor. Lacking a good running game this year, he has also struggled at times. The talent around a QB matters. Buffalo was running with a preseason lineup out there at most skill positions.

Agreed, and I'd say it matters even more for a guy like Taylor.

While Rodgers accuracy and uncanny field vision allows him to throw people open and raise the level of play of marginal skill players, I think Taylor is more reliant on having explosive playmakers around him to be effective.

As EJ gets older his mind might slow down enough to allow him to become more adept with this than Taylor, but I don't think that time has arrived yet.