It's EJ Time

Gugny

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What?

You've just made an excuse for EJs failing, while saying your sick of people making excuses for TT.

If EJ were a good QB, he would have come in and played as such. Derek Carr was drafted to a crappy Raiders team, who has since changed coaching staffs, yet he's still performing.

You've just made an excuse for EJs failing, while saying your sick of people making excuses for TT.

If EJ were a good QB, he would have come in and played as such. Derek Carr was drafted to a crappy Raiders team, who has since changed coaching staffs, yet he's still performing.

Why don't you re-read my post...I applied Taylor's most popular excuse to EJ, pointing out how it's asinine to complain about the WRs. I even said, "for hypocrisy's sake".

The point (that you missed), was that none of these excuses are exclusive to Taylor and are getting annoying. No one was making them for EJ (as they shouldn't have) and no one will make them for the next QB if they don't perform well. Some of you guys are so enamored by a scrambling QB that you forget the ultimate objective is to win. When these games are on the line and the defense knows we are in pass mode Taylor crumbles. It's not debatable at this point, it's what he does. I very much so would like to see us shift in another direction next year.

Would love it, but I've moved on. The EJ ship has sailed. We didn't develop him and honestly most of the blame goes to the selfish Marrone move to completely disregard our future in favor of a retired QB.

I do find it amusing though the amount of excuses that Tyrod gets, when EJ had about as much slack as an inch worm. For pure hypocrisy's sake...in the infamous Jags game, our starting WRs were Woods, Easley and Danarius Moore. I Never saw a single person complain about the WRs (as they shouldn't have). If Taylor played with 1/10th the heart that EJ has I think maybe I'd actually feel like we could cross the 50 yard line late in games.

very well said

Why don't you re-read my post...I applied Taylor's most popular excuse to EJ, pointing out how it's asinine to complain about the WRs. I even said, "for hypocrisy's sake".

The point (that you missed), was that none of these excuses are exclusive to Taylor and are getting annoying. No one was making them for EJ (as they shouldn't have) and no one will make them for the next QB if they don't perform well. Some of you guys are so enamored by a scrambling QB that you forget the ultimate objective is to win. When these games are on the line and the defense knows we are in pass mode Taylor crumbles. It's not debatable at this point, it's what he does. I very much so would like to see us shift in another direction next year.

Thanks, I did read it. You complained about the coaching staff for EJ, an excuse and a very common one among EJ fans, while saying TT gets all these excuses made for him and EJ gets/got none made for him. So apparently you can make excuses for EJ, then say he gets none, but that most Bills fans give TT excuses. Just look at this thread for proof that plenty of fans gave numerous excuses for EJ.

"Some of you guys" is not me, so please don't go lumping every fan together.

i was just thinking now is about the time that most people forgot how bad EJ was, so let's start calling for him to be the QB. and let's see if frank reich can be coach and put marv in the front office, and have Kelly as a QB scout, and say how much we miss wade phillips, and if only Chan could be our OC! let's continue to live in the past, because we have such a glowing, storied history!

I think playing Cardale this season would be a grave mistake.

I say this with virtually no knowledge of his progression.

But, if he was as unready as he was made out to be, then feeding him to the wolves could be a significant step back to whatever development he's already achieved.

I think we've seen this scenario play out enough to know that QBs aren't likely to learn from getting shredded by the "bullets." They're more likely to regress.

Thanks, I did read it. You complained about the coaching staff for EJ, an excuse and a very common one among EJ fans, while saying TT gets all these excuses made for him and EJ gets/got none made for him. So apparently you can make excuses for EJ, then say he gets none, but that most Bills fans give TT excuses. Just look at this thread for proof that plenty of fans gave numerous excuses for EJ.

"Some of you guys" is not me, so please don't go lumping every fan together.

I mean...did they bench him or not? Is that a complaint or a fact? Help me out here...you're reaching.

I mean...did they bench him or not? Is that a complaint or a fact? Help me out here...you're reaching.

They benched him because he wasn't good. That's a fact and your excuse for why EJ is where he is now. How am I reaching?

Edited by Wayne Cubed

Blaming the coaches for EJ was as preposterous then as it is now.

How's that? I was adamant about it in 2014, and nothing has happened to change my mind. There was a tiny moment when a sound byte made it seem like his head was being messed with, but he's been the same QB through separate regimes. And, oh by the way, he's the exact QB that his biggest critics coming out of FSU said he'd be.

Coaches my foot.

They benched him because he wasn't good. That's a fact and an excuse.

Best coach of all-time:

This man benched our second year QB with a 2-2 record in favor of a retired QB that, obviously, y'know retired again when he uhh had obviously, y'know the chance to do so.

Best coach of all-time:

This man benched our second year QB with a 2-2 record in favor of a retired QB that, obviously, y'know retired again when he uhh had obviously, y'know the chance to do so.

Kyle Orton, is, has been and probably will be the best QB we've had since Bledsoe.

While I agree with you that Tyrod is not good enough, EJ is worse.

They will stick with Tyrod unless he gets hurt.

This. As timid and unwilling to push the ball down the field as Tyrod has been, which is hurting us badly, things are worse with EJ. The guy is a turnover waiting to happen, every time.

Great point about the excuses. I'm sick of the excuses for TT. Great coaches/QB's don't make excuses. The Steelers started this year w/o L. Bell and missing their 2nd WR. They then played the Pats** with Landry Jones at QB. Think Tomlin made excuses? Nope. You win the games with the guys you have. The Bills still had Justin Hunter, Robert Woods, and Clay out there, as well as Brandon Tate and Reggie Bush. Most QB's would have performed better than TT yesterday. Not saying EJ would have, but I'm sick of Rex's man-crush on TT.

You're using the Steelers team that lost to the Pats* and only put up 16 points as your example? You really think there aren't Steelers fans saying they might have won if Big Ben was healthy?

You do realize that the Bills are 8th in the league in PPG right?

This board has officially gone off the rails. EJ does not do one thing better than Tyrod (not one). Now, if we want to get a new QB this offseason throw some guys out for discussion. That remains a possibility (although highly unlikely IMO). Tyrod will be the QB at least through 2017.

Garbage time.

Who was better? Who commanded the offense more? Who did more with less? Who could actually read a defense, make checks at the line, and go through their progressions?

The only one arguable is Fitz, and give me Orton's arm over Fitz every day of the week.

tyrod is better than Orton. Hell, EJ was better than Orton, Marrone just wanted to save face knowing he was gone at the end of the season.

But To answer your question, almost every QB we have had in recent memory has been better than that assclown Orton. He was terrible and jist like Saint Doug, he was collecting a check, looking not to get hurt, and retire with another $5m in the bank.

Enough excuses.

Tyrod is simply not a good QB.

I don't care if he was good in college. I don't care if we have injuries. I don't care that our defense sucks. I don't care if he was in the Pro Bowl.

All of those facts have nothing to do with his ineptitude.

He's not good.

He can't read a defense.

He holds the ball WAAAY too long.

He can't find open receivers.

When he finds them, he can't throw an accurate pass.

There is no such things as YAC, because he either throws behind them or the need to scoop them off of their shoelaces.

Captain Checkdown?? Schit, he's an Admiral.

I don't think EJ is a great QB, either. But he is better than Tyrod Taylor. Why not put a QB out there who gives us a better chance at winning, albeit not a lot better?

The only other option is to throw Cardale in, but that would be tanking the season and I don't want that.

This offense is embarrassing. It's pathetic. It's ineffective and it is absolutely no fun to watch.

And it all comes down to crappy play at the most important position on the field.

Tyrod needs to be benched and EJ should be the starter.

Go Bills.

^^this

Why no one respects the opinion of a Bills fan.

Utter nonsense. He kept us in that game and had nothing but scrubs to throw to, and a secondary that was getting burned all day.

Or do you just want another player to crusade against in two weeks when he doesn't look like Brady?

Kept us in what game? Yesterday was an ass-whooping starting midway through the first quarter.

Kept us in what game? Yesterday was an ass-whooping starting midway through the first quarter.

We at one point at the end of the second were only a score behind. You know that, but would rather just wail.

Put in EJ, and we'd have thrown three interceptions by then.

But whatevs.

We at one point at the end of the second were only a score behind. You know that, but would rather just wail.

Put in EJ, and we'd have thrown three interceptions by then.

But whatevs.

EJ Manuel has only ever thrown more than 2 INTS in a game ONE TIME, it's the exception, not the rule. It's like saying Tyrod Taylor will throw for over 200 yards.

He was a developing QB that wasn't nearly as bad as you guys mis-remember.

EJ Manuel has only ever thrown more than 2 INTS in a game ONE TIME, it's the exception, not the rule. It's like saying Tyrod Taylor will throw for over 200 yards.

Nope EJ is terrible.

I can't tell if I'm more surprised by the number of EJ supporters or Trump supporters...

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

http://www.nfl.com/player/ejmanuel/2539228/careerstats

136.6 yards per game!!

I was told that when Gugny tried saying that Manuel was still a better QB than Taylor prior to this season that he was just trolling and looking for a response. Is this still the case or is he serious?

Am I the only one that can see clearly he's trolling?

Not trolling, guys.

I'm not saying EJ is a great QB. I'm saying he's better than Tyrod. Every starter in the NFL is better than Tyrod. And some backups. Including ours.