It's EJ Time

Gugny

You people DO understand that our offensive line pass blocking wise is a miserable disaster, our receiving corps is made of GLASS, our best player on offense is also injured not to mention our defensive backs are absolutely disgusting, right?!

This is exactly how I see it as well.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would love it, but I've moved on. The EJ ship has sailed. We didn't develop him and honestly most of the blame goes to the selfish Marrone move to completely disregard our future in favor of a retired QB.

I do find it amusing though the amount of excuses that Tyrod gets, when EJ had about as much slack as an inch worm. For pure hypocrisy's sake...in the infamous Jags game, our starting WRs were Woods, Easley and Danarius Moore. I Never saw a single person complain about the WRs (as they shouldn't have). If Taylor played with 1/10th the heart that EJ has I think maybe I'd actually feel like we could cross the 50 yard line late in games.

This. I think EJ should be extremely glad to get out of Buffalo, and I think he has a good chance to become a starting QB and succeed on another team.

No? Taylor's pretty godawful.

Bills weapons on offense vs New England:

Tyrod Taylor's legs.

Bills weapons on offense vs Seattle:

Tyrod Taylor's legs

Shady McCoy (maybe)

I don't see how removing Tyrod Taylor's legs helps. EJ isn't a threat to run, we have no one to catch a pass.

Edited by Chilly

It's all really simple - we still don't have a QB. TT is a QB that needs great players around him to cover his flaws; EJ as much as I like the guy was a huge reach in an awful class and he flat out sucks. If we didn't grab him, we could have went after Carr in 2014

Would love it, but I've moved on. The EJ ship has sailed. We didn't develop him and honestly most of the blame goes to the selfish Marrone move to completely disregard our future in favor of a retired QB.

I do find it amusing though the amount of excuses that Tyrod gets, when EJ had about as much slack as an inch worm. For pure hypocrisy's sake...in the infamous Jags game, our starting WRs were Woods, Easley and Danarius Moore. I Never saw a single person complain about the WRs (as they shouldn't have). If Taylor played with 1/10th the heart that EJ has I think maybe I'd actually feel like we could cross the 50 yard line late in games.

Woods, Easley and Moore looks like a dream team compared to what we fielded yesterday: hobbled Woods, a couple quarters of Powell, Hunter, concussed Tate and...RUNNING BACK REGGIE BUSH IN THE SLOT (also injured).

Bills weapons on offense vs New England:

Tyrod Taylor's legs.

Bills weapons on offense vs Seattle:

Tyrod Taylor's legs

Shady McCoy (maybe)

I don't see how removing Tyrod Taylor's legs helps. EJ isn't a threat to run, we have no one to catch a pass.

I've said it in other threads:

THE problem with TT is that he needs EVERYTHING around him to be working properly to aspire to average. So, when one thing goes south, he does too.

That's a matter of opinion. My opinion is that EJ is a better QB than Tyrod.

Taylor is 12-10 as a starter; Manuel 6-10. Taylor is decidedly better than Manuel with respect to every conceivable passing statistic there is used to measure a QB's performance. Taylor is also the most elusive and dynamic running QB in the NFL. Taylor's receiving corps yesterday consisted of a hobbled Robert Woods, Walt Powell, Brandon Tate and Justin Hunter. He was good enough in his first season as a starter that he has earned and deserves a look with a real receiving corps next season (Watkins + 1st round pick + Alshon Jeffrey). If he still struggles with real weapons, it would be time to move on. But not to EJ Manuel, who is a career backup and will be on another team anyway.

Is this seriously an argument?

It's like arguing which was the better Jaws sequel.

Perfect analogy! They're all so wonderfully crappy.

Let me try:

Jaws 2: EJ Manuel is definitely Jaws 2. There are a lot of deaths, most of the series.

Jaws 3D: Tyrod Taylor. Crazy idea of a film. Overly ambitious. All flash, no substance - but man oh man, it was in 3D!

Jaws 4: Kyle Orton. I've never seen it, but Michael Caine only acted in it for the money.

No.

Just because the Taylor-led Bills couldn't handle the Brady-led pats doesn't mean that they can't handle the rest of the NFL.

The Bills need to get healthy. Taylor needs his weapons back. He needs McCoy. He needs Watkins. He needs a healthy R. Woods and C. Clay.

Then let's see what happens.

I've said it in other threads:

THE problem with TT is that he needs EVERYTHING around him to be working properly to aspire to average. So, when one thing goes south, he does too.

I'm not convinced as TT as a long-term QB, I don't know if he's good enough because he's not a QB that can win a shootout and you need that sometimes in the NFL. I do know he's the best option we have right now. Guys like EJ are even more dependent. EJ can't escape pressure like Tyrod does and EJ doesn't have the threat that TT's legs do. Right now, even if EJ was a better passer, we have zero weapons to take advantage of it.

The state of the offense is dire and it starts with the worst WR group in the entire NFL. We have zero weapons outside of Sammy and Sammy is hurt.

Perfect analogy! They're all so wonderfully crappy.

Let me try:

Jaws 2: EJ Manuel is definitely Jaws 2. There are a lot of deaths, most of the series.

Jaws 3D: Tyrod Taylor. Crazy idea of a film. Overly ambitious. All flash, no substance - but man oh man, it was in 3D!

Jaws 4: Kyle Orton. I've never seen it, but Michael Caine only acted in it for the money.

I can't find his original post to respond to but clearly neither of you have watched the Jaws sequels. Jaws 2 is a very decent film. Obviously not in the conversation with the original, which is, obviously, a top 5 film ever made. But not a bad film at all. Still filmed on MV, you still have Chief Brody, the Mayor, and Hendricks. Jaws 3 is maybe the worst film ever made. Jaws 4 is also deplorable but not quite as bad as 3. But there is no debate whatsoever- Jaws 2 is far and away the best of the Jaws sequels. Just as there is no debate that Taylor is a way better QB than Manuel.

I can't find his original post to respond to but clearly neither of you have watched the Jaws sequels. Jaws 2 is a very decent film. Obviously not in the conversation with the original, which is, obviously, a top 5 film ever made. But not a bad film at all. Still filmed on MV, you still have Chief Brody, the Mayor, and Hendricks. Jaws 3 is maybe the worst film ever made. Jaws 4 is also deplorable but not quite as bad as 3. But there is no debate whatsoever- Jaws 2 is far and away the best of the Jaws sequels. Just as there is no debate that Taylor is a way better QB than Manuel.

A win will settle things down....Seattle is NOT the patriots

Enough excuses.

Tyrod is simply not a good QB.

I don't care if he was good in college. I don't care if we have injuries. I don't care that our defense sucks. I don't care if he was in the Pro Bowl.

All of those facts have nothing to do with his ineptitude.

He's not good.

He can't read a defense.

He holds the ball WAAAY too long.

He can't find open receivers.

When he finds them, he can't throw an accurate pass.

There is no such things as YAC, because he either throws behind them or the need to scoop them off of their shoelaces.

Captain Checkdown?? Schit, he's an Admiral.

I don't think EJ is a great QB, either. But he is better than Tyrod Taylor. Why not put a QB out there who gives us a better chance at winning, albeit not a lot better?

The only other option is to throw Cardale in, but that would be tanking the season and I don't want that.

This offense is embarrassing. It's pathetic. It's ineffective and it is absolutely no fun to watch.

And it all comes down to crappy play at the most important position on the field.

Tyrod needs to be benched and EJ should be the starter.

Go Bills.

Everything you just described about Tyrod was what every fan was screaming about EJ up to last season.

You forget receivers throwing their hands up when EJ couldn't hit them on a simple hitch. The frustrating sacks for holding the ball too long. And EJ can't hold a candle to Tyrods mobility. EJ would have never been able to extend some of the great plays Taylor had made. And the interceptions and fumbles...

Sure Tyrod missed some guys. But he also had some key drops for big yardage. Bottom line this is a different team without Shady, and nothing EJ could do would change that.

The Pats scored 41. That's not a total that many teams could overcome, especially against a Belicheck coached team. Tyrod didn't throw a pick six so that's all on the D.

Tyrod is the best QB on the team and provides the greatest upside. We were all raving about him when he was making amazing plays downfield and avoiding sacks when we were winning. A couple weeks doesn't change that.

We put EJ in now and you can kiss the season goodbye. He's horrible, and his talent simply doesn't match up to Taylor's regardless of what happened this past sunday.