It's EJ Time

Gugny

Enough excuses.

Tyrod is simply not a good QB.

I don't care if he was good in college. I don't care if we have injuries. I don't care that our defense sucks. I don't care if he was in the Pro Bowl.

All of those facts have nothing to do with his ineptitude.

He's not good.

He can't read a defense.

He holds the ball WAAAY too long.

He can't find open receivers.

When he finds them, he can't throw an accurate pass.

There is no such things as YAC, because he either throws behind them or the need to scoop them off of their shoelaces.

Captain Checkdown?? Schit, he's an Admiral.

I don't think EJ is a great QB, either. But he is better than Tyrod Taylor. Why not put a QB out there who gives us a better chance at winning, albeit not a lot better?

The only other option is to throw Cardale in, but that would be tanking the season and I don't want that.

This offense is embarrassing. It's pathetic. It's ineffective and it is absolutely no fun to watch.

And it all comes down to crappy play at the most important position on the field.

Tyrod needs to be benched and EJ should be the starter.

Go Bills.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Bills had a healthy Watkins, McCoy, Woods, etc and Tyrod was still struggling the way he has been, then I might also be on board with giving Manuel another shot.

But putting EJ in there right now would accomplish nothing but create continuity problems, and do so with only a minimal chance of seeing any improvement in the offense.

I think it's just too much risk without enough reward.

As for Cardale, let's just say that he is nowhere near ready to manage an NFL offense, even one in it's simplest, most basic form.

Edited by Simon

No chance in my opinion. The Bills need to decide if they want to pay TT 27 mil for 3 years after this season or move on. Plus Rex is still in fear of his job so he will try and get to at least 8-8 if at all possible.

Edited by CodeMonkey

If the Bills had a healthy Watkins, McCoy, Woods, etc and Tyrod was still struggling the way he has been, then I might also be on board with giving Manuel another shot.

But putting EJ in there right now would accomplish nothing but create continuity problems, and do so with only a minimal chance of seeing any improvement in the offense.

As for Cardale, let's just say that he is nowhere near ready to manage an NFL offense, even one in it's simplest, most basic form.

Because continuity of failure works?

I doubt there is a QB in the league that could have made use of the Bills receivers on Sunday with all of them looking like they should be in a hospital ward instead of an NFL field. Yes, there were a few overthrows and bad passes but there were also balls that should have been caught that weren't.

EJ isn't going to fair any better with this current crop of receivers and all that will happen is more turnovers, more sacks and less big plays being made under pressure.

The Bills are darn lucky to have a player like Taylor and he simply shouldn't have been asked to throw it 38 times vs 26 rushes and especially when the RB is getting 7.1 yards per carry.

I'd rather see Cardale out there, than EJ, really. I'm a fan of keeping EJ as our backup (assuming he's cheap). I've seen enough of Tyrod, considering how long he's been in the league, to know he's not going to win games for us the way we need a QB to do.

EJ is terrible. Always has been, always will be. He seems like a great guy and a hard worker, so I get why people root for him. I was one of them for a long time, but you have to call a spade a spade. He's simply terrible, tyrod on his worst day is better than EJ on his best. Honestly, it's shocking to me that anyone still thinks he could be viable

EJ isn't under contract next year, TT might be. Who would you prefer to evaluate? The guy who will absolutely not be on the team? or the guy who might?

Also - what from yesterday pushed you over the edge? The fact that we lost to a vastly superior opponent?

Why would we keep Tyrod ? He should play for Navy or Georgia Tech

Ball security is no substitute for scoring....especially when you're playing a team that scores when they have the ball.

No arguments there; but throwing EJ out there without Watkins, McCoy or Woods isn't likely to put any more points on the board. It's more likely to lead to an increase in turnovers and more fumbled snaps, broken plays, mishandled exchanges, etc.

EJ had a hobbled SJ13 rookie year with a rookie WR in Woods his first year. He also had 4 RB's who are all basically out of the league, and a much worse OL and we still pulled the plug on him. I don't see why TT is allowed to struggle out there when he only has 2-3 Pro Bowlers when EJ had none.

Edited by jmc12290

I don't understand all the Tyrod hate today. Not sure how you could watch that game and the takeaway is Tyrod needs to go. NE put up 41 points and our dbacks couldn't even cover Hogan let alone Gronk. Tyrod played like he's played for the past 2 years. Hes going to throw for around 200 and rush for another 30-40. He is what he is. No more no less. If everyone is just now figuring out hes not all that great then you must have been asleep for the past 2 years

NO! Stay with Taylor and let him work his way out of it. Yes he needs work on accuracy and touch but he can't fix those things on the sidelines. As for EJ, if TT goes down, he'll get his chance to win back the job. Until then, it belongs to TT until he bottoms out.

While I agree with you Gug that Tyrod has not been good. The fact is, after a full year of being the starter. Being the starter in camp. A whole off season to get better. He hasn't. If anything he's been worse than last year.

However, he has absolutely nobody to throw the ball to. A bunch of practice squad talented WRs and a Olympic failure at the long jump. Woods is decent but if your expecting him to be your number 1 or even number 2 without a real number 1 then your screwed. I don't think EJ is any better. Especially with what we have at WR. Tyrod makes plays with his legs that EJ couldn't dream of that gives us more chances to win.

Besides, EJ is a FA this offseason and we need to find out if Tyrod will earn a ridiculous contract. IMO, unless he has an other worldly 2nd half of the season he will be gone.

I also agree with a previous poster that I'd rather see what we have in Cardale than EJ. And believe that if we are out of it with a few weeks to go, you might get a chance to see Jones fling it a few games. But that's only if Tyrod keeps with the trend of a downward slope and we are completely eliminated. That way we know we suck and know we aren't bringing Tyrod back.

The thing that scares me is the love that Rex has for Tyrod and the fact that this is Whaleys first QB as GM (I know we claim EJ but that's not 100% on him because Buddy was still here). They might be married to him and refuse to admit a mistake. That's IF he continues to look bad.

You do realize that the Bills are 8th in the league in PPG right?

This board has officially gone off the rails. EJ does not do one thing better than Tyrod (not one). Now, if we want to get a new QB this offseason throw some guys out for discussion. That remains a possibility (although highly unlikely IMO). Tyrod will be the QB at least through 2017.

This board has officially gone off the rails. EJ does not do one thing better than Tyrod (not one). Now, if we want to get a new QB this offseason throw some guys out for discussion. That remains a possibility (although highly unlikely IMO). Tyrod will be the QB at least through 2017.

Yay for that day that shady killed the 49ers. They stink. Tyrod stinks.

How many picks and fumbles has TT ran back?

EJ doesn't do a single thing better? That's ridiculous.

C'mon bruh, please don't start with this already man lol. Really?! EJ?! EJ is not better than Tyrod at anything. ANYTHING. The thing you're forgetting is that EJ had plenty of opportunity to keep his job. It didn't go away, he lost it. He's a turnover machine, you can expect at least 1 turnover every single game from EJ. Which means those one possession losses would be bigger and the games we won probably wouldn't happen either. There's no one on the field to throw to at this point and I put that more on the GM and coaching staff for totally ignoring the WR position.

It's not EJ time & never should be but it is time to find a franchise QB because Tyrod ain't it !!

He may be a good stop gap but he sure as heck ain't worth the $$ they are willing to give him in the contract extension they gave him ...

If they do allow him to keep the contract he signed it will be Fitz 2.0 he'll be gone in 2 yrs & still getting a Bills pay check & i hope Whaley puts his foot down & doesn't let that happen !!

It's Cardale time. Let the rook get his feet wet in the regular season. I actually think this may happen if/when we are eliminated from playoff contention.

I hope so. We know what we have in TT and EJ. Backup-type QB's. Let's see what Cardale can do. Esp. if we are getting blown-out. Why was TT in at the end of the game yesterday.

Would love it, but I've moved on. The EJ ship has sailed. We didn't develop him and honestly most of the blame goes to the selfish Marrone move to completely disregard our future in favor of a retired QB.

I do find it amusing though the amount of excuses that Tyrod gets, when EJ had about as much slack as an inch worm. For pure hypocrisy's sake...in the infamous Jags game, our starting WRs were Woods, Easley and Danarius Moore. I Never saw a single person complain about the WRs (as they shouldn't have). If Taylor played with 1/10th the heart that EJ has I think maybe I'd actually feel like we could cross the 50 yard line late in games.

Yeah, this is the most sensible post perhaps. EJ is NOT better than Tyrod. Not that TT is a franchise QB either--he's not. But throw some other names out there and how we get them. Would anyone prefer Bradford, Romo, Chase Daniels, etc. ??

If we are eliminated from the Playoffs, I want to see what C. Jones can do.

Would love it, but I've moved on. The EJ ship has sailed. We didn't develop him and honestly most of the blame goes to the selfish Marrone move to completely disregard our future in favor of a retired QB.

I do find it amusing though the amount of excuses that Tyrod gets, when EJ had about as much slack as an inch worm. For pure hypocrisy's sake...in the infamous Jags game, our starting WRs were Woods, Easley and Danarius Moore. I Never saw a single person complain about the WRs (as they shouldn't have). If Taylor played with 1/10th the heart that EJ has I think maybe I'd actually feel like we could cross the 50 yard line late in games.

Ummm, you've just made an excuse for EJ... hypocrisy indeed.

Yeah, this is the most sensible post perhaps. EJ is NOT better than Tyrod. Not that TT is a franchise QB either--he's not. But throw some other names out there and how we get them. Would anyone prefer Bradford, Romo, Chase Daniels, etc. ??

If we are eliminated from the Playoffs, I want to see what C. Jones can do.

Yes. Yes. Yes.

Great point about the excuses. I'm sick of the excuses for TT. Great coaches/QB's don't make excuses. The Steelers started this year w/o L. Bell and missing their 2nd WR. They then played the Pats** with Landry Jones at QB. Think Tomlin made excuses? Nope. You win the games with the guys you have. The Bills still had Justin Hunter, Robert Woods, and Clay out there, as well as Brandon Tate and Reggie Bush. Most QB's would have performed better than TT yesterday. Not saying EJ would have, but I'm sick of Rex's man-crush on TT.