Kaepernick and the National Anthem

I don't think it's fair to white people that the game has to be played with brown footballs. Every freakin' game! Where are all the white footballs? We are losing our country.

And who let Donald Trump's tanning salon determine the color of NBA basketballs?

@SBNationNFL

The 49ers say the national anthem is a special part of pregame, but the team backs Kaepernick’s right to protest.

https://t.co/eKMD19rrKs

Some consultant just made $30k for feeding that line of bull for the 9ers to spew.

While I disapprove of what that asshat said and did, I will defend to the death the asshat's right to say it

Freedom of asshattery is an inherent Constitutional right, without which the Internet would not be the place we all know and love today

Edited by /dev/null

And who let Donald Trump's tanning salon determine the color of NBA basketballs?

Now this was objectively funny! And it d*mn near cost me a keyboard

While I disapprove of what that asshat said and did, I will defend to the death the asshat's right to say it

Freedom of asshattery is an inherent Constitutional right, without which the Internet would not be the place we all know and love today

Well said

I don't think it's about the national anthem. He's just warming up for his game time position.

Well played, sir!

because we elected a black president, that means there's no more racism?

It's in November. Every year.

And Polish Americans and Irish Americans share October and Irish American history month is in March. But only black american history month is taught in schools- at least the ones around here. Not Native American, Irish, Italian, Polish or any other that I'm aware of.

So if a student complains that they only get one month, as in the example that started all of this, then to respond that they are lucky to have one celebrated is not inappropriate, IMO. Are you saying that the student was correct and they deserve more? If so, why and to what purpose?

Edited by vincec

Thought this was an interesting history lesson on the anthem and sporting events. I recall seeing it when it first came out in ESPN magazine after 9/11.

'The Star-Spangled Banner' is an OK song for what it is, but I've always felt 'America The Beautiful' best captured America and all it encompasses.

It could be a lot worse

Among the most controversial of all Supreme Court decisions happened in 1989, when a divided Court allowed flag burning as protected free speech.

Now there's an idea

October 16th, 49ers at Bills.

Instead of burning the American flag, burn Crapernick jerseys

He has the right to do it. That right is provided for under the constitution of this country, which tens of thousands have died to defend.

Not respecting the anthem on that point alone make him a f'ing jerk. There's no valor in his charade. Get out there and support what you believe in for real vs. Making a statement on the sideline like a pu$$y.

Edited by Stormin Norman